THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Can we just all admit the Kobe A.D. sucks on all levels? The purple colorway is ok I guess. The Nxt's are ok only for the reason they actually got decent performance reviews. I was going to consider an NXT, but then I saw a kid walking around with them on and good god...they are f'ing ugly. Sorry, Kobe line dropped hard. I loved it once, but no mas. Nike totally f'ed it. They could've innovated and made a great shoe after the 11 to keep people around, but the ad sucks both in performance and look...This is all just my opinion....but theres a reason this thread has only a 170 pages. The shoe is weak as fk. Sorry nike, were not just going to give you hard earned money for BS. I'm out of the Kobe line for sure...Now there's so many other options that get great reviews and are much cheaper. Nike...lol. Great shoe, really, keep it up. what a f'ing joke.

Can we just all admit the Kobe A.D. sucks on all levels? The purple colorway is ok I guess. The Nxt's are ok only for the reason they actually got decent performance reviews. I was going to consider an NXT, but then I saw a kid walking around with them on and good god...they are f'ing ugly. Sorry, Kobe line dropped hard. I loved it once, but no mas. Nike totally f'ed it. They could've innovated and made a great shoe after the 11 to keep people around, but the ad sucks both in performance and look...This is all just my opinion....but theres a reason this thread has only a 170 pages. The shoe is weak as fk. Sorry nike, were not just going to give you hard earned money for BS. I'm out of the Kobe line for sure...Now there's so many other options that get great reviews and are much cheaper. Nike...lol. Great shoe, really, keep it up. what a f'ing joke.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how much of a soliloquy it may be. The only thing I feel Nike did wrong with the shoe is price it way too high & not advertise it. 5'6" non ballers were the only ones complaining about the A.D. the shoe was all over the League, epsecially in the playoffs. But again, to each his own.

Nike seems like they gave up on it but they're still performance beasts, which matters most to me. (Regular AD)

I bought all my ADs for $100 or less and was gifted a pair of IDs

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how much of a soliloquy it may be. The only thing I feel Nike did wrong with the shoe is price it way too high & not advertise it. 5'6" non ballers were the only ones complaining about the A.D. the shoe was all over the League, epsecially in the playoffs. But again, to each his own.
Totally agree! I'm sure everybody that hates on them in here, haven't even hopped in them! Im 33 and never have payed attention to those dumb *** non hoopers reviews! These shoes are some of the best kobes for on the court performance! Only complaint I have is the GR CWs were kind of Wack besides 4 of them!

I think they look nice, haven't played in them yet but lately I've been hearing good things.

Totally agree! I'm sure everybody that hates on them in here, haven't even hopped in them! Im 33 and never have payed attention to those dumb *** non hoopers reviews! These shoes are some of the best kobes for on the court performance! Only complaint I have is the GR CWs were kind of Wack besides 4 of them!

Do you all pay attention to the "Dumb***" hoopers when they say a shoe is good?

My good friend has worked at a ________ location since 09. Only one store, and one person's observation. He says this it the worst selling Nike signature model in his time working there. He says they move a little with younger kids who use them to hoop in for grade school teams and such, but beyond that, they don't move. He says they also don't seem to get the attention of casual shoppers on the sneaker wall either.

I believe that (not only because he's reliable with info), but I don't see people out and about wearing them. I still see people wearing 8s, 9s, 11s casually. All the time. But these? I don't think I've seen one pair yet that wasn't either on a screen on in a store.

edit: and when my buddy said they move with little kids, he meant they move with the parents of little kids. Parent seem to see them as a value for their kids who use them to hoop in.

Last edited:
My good friend has worked at a ________ location since 09. Only one store, and one person's observation. He says this it the worst selling Nike signature model in his time working there. He says they move a little with younger kids who use them to hoop in for grade school teams and such, but beyond that, they don't move. He says they also don't seem to get the attention of casual shoppers on the sneaker wall either.

I believe that (not only because he's reliable with info), but I don't see people out and about wearing them. I still see people wearing 8s, 9s, 11s casually. All the time. But these? I don't think I've seen one pair yet that wasn't either on a screen on in a store.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't seen anyone wearing the AD's either. At the same token I don't see many wearing the KD 9's either. But this is about the Kobe AD's. I believe his retirement has a lot to do with the liking\selling of the shoes.

Most HATED the Kobe XI's when the fist came out, only to love them in the end.

I rock mine casually all the time... don't @me.

Lol jk. I don't understand the hate for these but I will sick back and enjoy the prices

I think they look nice, haven't played in them yet but lately I've been hearing good things.

Do you all pay attention to the "Dumb***" hoopers when they say a shoe is good?

No. Someone else's opinion doesn't determine what shoe, phone or car I get, what movie I see or what music I listen to. I try everything out for myself & if I like it, I buy it. I tried the PG1 out because $110>$160/$200 price-wise but they didn't feel good to me whereas best friend loves them & said it's his favorite shoe to play in.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't seen anyone wearing the AD's either. At the same token I don't see many wearing the KD 9's either. But this is about the Kobe AD's. I believe his retirement has a lot to do with the liking\selling of the shoes.

Most HATED the Kobe XI's when the fist came out, only to love them in the end.

I actually prefer to wear what's different from what everyone else is wearing, on & off the court. It was cool to see everyone's head dropping & asking me what Kobes are those when I was at Disneyland vs me seeing every other dude & gifs girl in J's. Where I play at all I see is Kyrie's, J's & Lebrons. I'm the only one playing in Kobes.

edit: and when my buddy said they move with little kids, he meant they move with the parents of little kids. Parent seem to see them as a value for their kids who use them to hoop in.

That's probably because of the price. I love both A.D.'s, but I do feel that they were overpriced because of the Kobe logo. The regular A.D. should've been $130 tops & the NXT should've been $160 tops.

Still like them all no matter. Mambacurials incoming :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_6053.JPG
    IMG_6053.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
I actually prefer to wear what's different from what everyone else is wearing, on & off the court. It was cool to see everyone's head dropping & asking me what Kobes are those when I was at Disneyland vs me seeing every other dude & gifs girl in J's. Where I play at all I see is Kyrie's, J's & Lebrons. I'm the only one playing in Kobes.

I like to wear different shoes than what everyone else is wearing also.

No. Someone else's opinion doesn't determine what shoe, phone or car I get, what movie I see or what music I listen to. I try everything out for myself & if I like it, I buy it. I tried the PG1 out because $110>$160/$200 price-wise but they didn't feel good to me whereas best friend loves them & said it's his favorite shoe to play in.

You must be a very special individual because opinions, experience and reviews of products is what drives most to acquire things.

You if some recommends food, music or a movie that I may like I'll take a look into their recommendations.

In turn if someone says stay away from a restaurant, movie or music because they don't think I'll like it I'll take their recommendations into consideration.

Back to the shoe reviewers. If four reviewers stated to go up a half size in a specific shoe, I'm most likely going to take heed to their recommendations.

If four reviewers say a shoe is great, I'm probably going to take a look at that show. In hindsight, if four reviewers say a shoe is horrible, I'm probably going to stay away from that show until I hear something different.

I've recently purchased the Kobe AD's off the recommendation on posters in this thread and will give them a try tomorrow.

I bought the Volt NXTs today, the last Volt they had in my House of Hoops. Let me tell you: They are incredibly unique in appearance (people can obviously see that, hit or miss that they may be), but they also feel great. They have same insole of the 11s with the outsole traction pattern of the 10s. Really great combo. The lacing also works great.

Have any of you seen the Mambacurials in any FTLs? I haven't been able to check them out anywhere in person yet. I'm definitely keeping my eye out for those when they are discounted. I think these are really innovative shoes, but it has simply been a pricing issue with this model.

As I've said before, though, I'm in the opinion that the regular ADs feel absolutely stiff and horrible. NXT and regular AD could not be more night and day. Everybody should keep in mind that Nike athletes lile Iggy and Isaiah get customized orthodics and cushioning in their shoes. I don't see how they could be wearing retail Kobe ADs. But then again people like Kuzma and Lonzo probably wore retail Stardusts in summer league, so to each their own, more NXTs at great prices for me.

Kobe AD/AD NXT reminds me of AJ XIX/XIX SE

Post retirement shoes, shroud/shroudless versions, not sure if either Kobe/MJ were ever seen wearing these on court.

I had the AJ XIX's when they first came out, don't remember there being any hype about them like previous Jordan releases. In fact, the only thing I remember about them is Melo rocking them during the 04 rookie game.

As far as the Kobe line falling off...well, I would think that label would require multiple years of releasing consecutive duds. Check any local FTL, sneaker selling website and you'll see tons of Kobes, KD's, Kyries, Lebrons, etc on sale. Maybe the majority of consumers are content with waiting for shoes to hit the clearance racks, I rarely cop at retail anymore unless there's an exclusive or if I'm just splurging and want something right then and there.

I like to wear different shoes than what everyone else is wearing also.

You must be a very special individual because opinions, experience and reviews of products is what drives most to acquire things.

You if some recommends food, music or a movie that I may like I'll take a look into their recommendations.

In turn if someone says stay away from a restaurant, movie or music because they don't think I'll like it I'll take their recommendations into consideration.

Back to the shoe reviewers. If four reviewers stated to go up a half size in a specific shoe, I'm most likely going to take heed to their recommendations.

If four reviewers say a shoe is great, I'm probably going to take a look at that show. In hindsight, if four reviewers say a shoe is horrible, I'm probably going to stay away from that show until I hear something different.

I've recently purchased the Kobe AD's off the recommendation on posters in this thread and will give them a try tomorrow.
its all cherry picked info to give credence to their beliefs. of course in any product there's people who'll love em but there's a reason why people go to rotten tomatoes before watching a movie, why people watch reviews on products before they make a purchase. The majority didn't care for the ADs, they hated the false advertising of the zoom bag, the shoe itself was very mediocre. All you're hearing right now from a lot of folks in here is the vocal minority, I don't really care if people love the shoe, I'm a die hard Lakers and Kobe fan but you can't fool people into saying the shoe was a performance beast, that's just laughable. That's all I'm gonna say though, it's fine to have a conversation on these things, it creates good dialogue. God bless my Kobe fam

its all cherry picked info to give credence to their beliefs. of course in any product there's people who'll love em but there's a reason why people go to rotten tomatoes before watching a movie, why people watch reviews on products before they make a purchase. The majority didn't care for the ADs, they hated the false advertising of the zoom bag, the shoe itself was very mediocre. All you're hearing right now from a lot of folks in here is the vocal minority, I don't really care if people love the shoe, I'm a die hard Lakers and Kobe fan but you can't fool people into saying the shoe was a performance beast, that's just laughable. That's all I'm gonna say though, it's fine to have a conversation on these things, it creates good dialogue. God bless my Kobe fam

Do you have a pair of AD's?

why do y'all follow this thread if u don't like the A.D.s??? I really don't get it... Kobe would smack all you haters in the mouth!!!

Picked up the Kobe A.D. NXT in Black for $110. Kind of pumped for them to arrive, held off pulling the trigger last week for $170.

black nxts were at the outlet a month ago but it was gone when i checked yesterday. i want to see those curials nxt in person. im curious

Back
Top Bottom