The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we talking about finishing at the rim, this is my favorite finish by Allen...

We got D-List Virtual GM's in this thread that would take Klay over Ray though.

:nerd:
i started letting spike slide once i considered he's a film maker and prolly got some dope *** views to put into a short or something. He dont typically be this thirsty :lol: giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Nah, you gotta respect Kayfabe.

If you are someone that bleeds the Knicks COlors (whatever the hell they are depending on the year), you don't pull no soft stuff like that.

Nah. No passes.

264993882_5388161571212323_3954472967185007185_n.jpg

Steph is going to get blitzed in the playoffs all day long. Will be interesting to see if the supporting cast can provide enough offense to cover for Steph in the playoffs. Regardless, they’re still the best defensive team in the league and they’re the obvious favorites to win the title right now.

with that said, I think the Lakers can take em >D

Steph
Klay/Poole
Iggy
Wiggins/Opj
Dray

I think they’ll be closing out games like this. I really only trust Klay & OPJ to make teams pay. But the thing with Klay is, he makes teams play him honest at least.

Poole is developing into an off the bounce playmaker. You need that come playoff time.

Thatll help on the 4 on 3’s and with all the blitzing. Sending a blitz at Steph, with Klay spacing as well as OPJ/Wiggins open with Dray or Poole as the passer is tick tack toe.

I think that’s what they’re trying to figure out now. The defense is on a STRING tho.

That’s why they’re winning games. Holding teams to some mid 00s type ****.

And if I told you a lineup of Steph/Poole/Wiggins/Dray/Looney would be a historically great defensive unit, 30 games in…y’all would’ve laughed at me :lol:

Last edited:
The previous years of dysfunction are what led to this situation though. Everything doesn't become fixed just because the man most responsible decided to take a vacation from being a nuisance. It's gonna take time and some luck.

This is what the voice in the back of my head keeps telling me but I'm tryna ignore it :lol:
Just gonna keep reminding myself that just because I can afford it doesn't mean it's the fiscally responsible thing to do

100% agree with you. But the necessary first steps towards improvement is seemingly in-place. Knicks are in a funk right now, but management seems to be competent and Dolan seems to be less involved/invasive these days. One can only hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Went to the game last night. Garden was absolutely buzzing from the jump. Everyone was practically on their feet for the first 5 mins. Incredible to watch history unfold in front of your very eyes. All things considered, I don't think this record stands a chance of being broken any time soon. Unless you have some guy who's incredibly motivated to do so since Day 1 of his career and is lucky to play long enough.

Wilt's 100 points in a game/career rebounds, Stockton's all-time career assists, and Hakeem's blocks records are all untouchable IMO. The game has changed too much, and too many hands are touching the ball a lot more frequently for a single individual to be that dominate in those statistically categories.

EDIT: I think CP3 had a SOLID chance to getting close to Stockton, had the NBA not changed the way it's being played. You can say it may have helped CP3 with the increased pace, but that also allowed for more players to have an active role in passing the ball as well, as opposed to CP3 principally being responsible for that function. Steve Nash passed Mark Jackson during his career by 1 assist. Makes me wonder, if there's an analysis out there that tracked rate of assist across that last two eras.

Last edited:
Went to the game last night. Garden was absolutely buzzing from the jump. Everyone was practically on their feet for the first 5 mins. Incredible to watch history unfold in front of your very eyes. All things considered, I don't think this record stands a chance of being broken any time soon. Unless you have some guy who's incredibly motivated to do so since Day 1 of his career and is lucky to play long enough.

Wilt's 100 points in a game/career rebounds, Stockton's all-time career assists, and Hakeem's blocks records are all untouchable IMO. The game has changed too much, and too many hands are touching the ball a lot more frequently for a single individual to be that dominate in those statistically categories.
Everyone was standing up whenever the Warriors had the ball until the record got broken. Was cool to see that many people invested in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom