The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahoo Sports
Sources: NBA exploring modifications to COVID-19 protocols with rising number of players sidelined
In the wake of more COVID-19 diagnoses across the NBA, the league is looking into modifying current protocols, sources told Yahoo Sports.

The NBA and NBPA are exploring multiple options, and restricting outside access for teams in visiting markets isn’t out of the question, sources told Yahoo Sports. That was the protocol last season before the COVID-19 vaccines became readily available, and unvaccinated players already follow stringent protocols.

The new likely protocols will include players being tested daily, except for their days off. Currently, players are tested weekly.
But the virus is raging through the league again. In between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, the Chicago Bulls experienced an outbreak to the point of postponing two games this week.

Giannis Antetokounmpo, James Harden, Dwight Howard and Ja Morant (already inactive with a knee injury) are among players across the league outside of Chicago who’ve recently tested positive, prompting the NBA to look at its current set of protocols.
And the Brooklyn Nets barely had enough players to field a team against the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, leading to the Nets getting a roster exception from the league to sign players.

The Raptors will have their arena at 50% capacity, it was just announced, but there are no other teams taking such measures.

With the Christmas slate of games upcoming, the NBA doesn’t want to risk cancellations for the biggest day on the TV calendar, but it’s not ready to completely restrict outside movement.

Booster shots are available and some teams have already put players through that process.

Whatever is decided, it was stressed by sources that any changes will be fluid and determined by the science. Last winter, several NBA games were postponed in the first half of the season, but the league had the flexibility to create a second-half schedule on the back end to fill those gaps.

There’s no such mechanism in place this season, so it’ll be harder to replace potential lost games if such actions occurred this time around — arena availability being a main reason.

Either way, it’s a whole new world the NBA, sports in general and the world is inhabiting, with flexibility being the main accomplice.

Wishing you a speedy recovery antidope antidope

Utah has had probably the best offense in the league for 2 years now.

121 offensive rating in the playoffs last year. They are truly ELITE on that end.

Offense is not the problem with that roster, and won’t be the reason they come up short this year.
Yeah, the only guy I'd consider trading is Ingles but what is he going to bring back that's a superior fit, I doubt anyone

Y'all (not you) but y'all always blame Rudy for his Playoff defense but the perimeter defense has been non existent when it counted

Now, with Murray and Kawhi being out (even if the return who knows if they'll be what kind of shape they'll be in), and the Mavs being mid, it gives them a better chance at defending those teams at least

Where is Phil to drill AD in the chest

qKTNQn.gif
Urban Meyer must have learned from the School of Phil Jax :smh:

Yeah, the only guy I'd consider trading is Ingles but what is he going to bring back that's a superior fit, I doubt anyone

Y'all (not you) but y'all always blame Rudy for his Playoff defense but the perimeter defense has been non existent when it counted

Now, with Murray and Kawhi being out (even if the return who knows if they'll be what kind of shape they'll be in), and the Mavs being mid, it gives them a better chance at defending those teams at least
Perimeter defense a problem? Sounds like Utah could use Eric Gordon. I’m sure they remember how he completely shut down Mitchell in the playoffs a few years ago

The kid has COVID smh. Yall be safe out here man it's really taking over.

Now I can't get boosted on Monday, have to wait a month.

Speedy recovery bro. I wanted take my booster before flying to Houston last weekend but didnt get a chance to. Came home and had the chills for one day and kind of have a stuffy nose and sore throat. Im getting tested today since it's been 4 days. So if im positive how long do I gotta wait until I can get boosted?

Speedy recovery bro. I wanted take my booster before flying to Houston last weekend but didnt get a chance to. Came home and had the chills for one day and kind of have a stuffy nose and sore throat. Im getting tested today since it's been 4 days. So if im positive how long do I gotta wait until I can get boosted?
I was just told I'd have to wait four weeks to get boosted by a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom