The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ won’t see the floor though. I get what y’all saying but Embiid, Tatum and brown are set to play. Hopefully those guys that are out are ok but the supposed star power will still be there. Tobias going to be poop per usual whether he’s playing with g league that got called up or not.

The only teams to go full g league were going do it anyways. (Orlando and OKC)
I guess I'm not as optimistic as to where this is all trending. I know you're saying stars are returning and what not but do you see COVID absences somehow decreasing as the season goes on? I mean if they do, then great but idk

Brooklyn playing games without 3 all-stars, none of which are actually injured or in need of load management, is WEIRD.

I guess I'm not as optimistic as to where this is all trending. I know you're saying stars are returning and what not but do you see COVID absences somehow decreasing as the season goes on? I mean if they do, then great but idk

I’m not a doctor but i think they’ll keep letting family men get called up and eventually turn the blind eye to those who are asymptomatic. The league is at like what 90% vaxxed and the CDC posted the sick ones are majority unvaccinated. Basically if you’re sick, stay home.

Not a doctor
Not anti vax.

I’m not a doctor but i think they’ll keep letting family men get called up and eventually turn the blind eye to those who are asymptomatic. The league is at like what 90% vaxxed and the CDC posted the sick ones are majority unvaccinated. Basically if you’re sick, stay home.

Not a doctor
Not anti vax.
I actually agree with your point on letting players play. NFL I believe are making it easier for players to stay on the field

No games, no money. Everybody wants to get paid, players and ownership alike.

If players are fine with taking the risk, which it seems like they are, I don't really have a problem with games continuing to get played.
1640019464102.png

"not a winning player" something something

Not a doctor
Not anti vax.
This is absolutely what is going to have to happen, both in sports and in society in general. I'm just not exactly sure what the tipping point is going to be and when that'll happen. More people being vaccinated would certainly help things though.

This is why I was saying they should have canceled multiple seasons. It was never gonna be a quick fix.

I would have been down to miss 3 years of the NBA to keep the integrity of the league.

Attachments

• C164C67D-B949-4903-8CA1-E9C84657EC9B.jpeg
    C164C67D-B949-4903-8CA1-E9C84657EC9B.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 308
They're still compiling those numbers. Wont be for a while till we get a solid estimate.

I do know that during this recent surge, vaccinated death rate multiplied by damn near 100x. Went from roughly 0.1 deaths of vaccinated per 100k to 1.1 per 100k deaths.

Which is still a very small percentage, but still. Get boosted.
that is big. meaning be safe and get boosted. so far, the reports that I'm hearing recently is most people that got admitted and died were unvaccinated.

Watching American Rudy Gobert last night reminded me that this is gonna be his final season. He’s too awful to stick around next season. One of the best dunks of the last decade :pimp:

This was the same question when the bubble year happened

I’d prob side with whatever the players wanted

No games, no money. Everybody wants to get paid, players and ownership alike.

If players are fine with taking the risk, which it seems like they are, I don't really have a problem with games continuing to get played.

No one wants to willingly be furloughed

Yeah, even what the players want is not always in their best interest. We are talking compensation here but we have even seen it with guys wanting to play injured.

At the end of the day, I want people to be healthy, flourish and happy. I also believe in the freedom of choice so if playing accomplishes that for NBA and NFL players then so be it. But if they do feel in danger or that there is a serious threat whether it be due to outbreaks or taking the vaccine then I respect their decision too.

Either way, just be cognizant of the potential circumstances.

This is absolutely what is going to have to happen, both in sports and in society in general. I'm just not exactly sure what the tipping point is going to be and when that'll happen. More people being vaccinated would certainly help things though.
Pretty much moving toward an endemic model vs pandemic.

After his 29-point night in the Knicks’ 114-107 loss, Walker, sitting maskless in a cramped interview room at TD Garden amid the team’s COVID-19 outbreak, sounded like it may have been just a one-night stand.

Walker doesn’t know what the Knicks coach is thinking. They haven’t talked since the morning of Nov. 29 when Thibodeau told him he was out of the rotation.

Has Thibodeau explained anything about why this has happened?

“No sir,” Walker said.

Have you talked to him at all during the nine straight DNP-CDs?

“No sir.”

After his 29-point night in the Knicks’ 114-107 loss, Walker, sitting maskless in a cramped interview room at TD Garden amid the team’s COVID-19 outbreak, sounded like it may have been just a one-night stand.

Walker doesn’t know what the Knicks coach is thinking. They haven’t talked since the morning of Nov. 29 when Thibodeau told him he was out of the rotation.

Has Thibodeau explained anything about why this has happened?

“No sir,” Walker said.

Have you talked to him at all during the nine straight DNP-CDs?

“No sir.”

Terrible "leadership" by Thibs and outright disrespectful.

Kemba deserves better #FreeKemba

Who could use him? His contract isn't too bad at $9MM (although I'm not sure if he'd leave via trade or another buyout...if that's even possible :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom