The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting the Kemba controversy. He wasn’t playing well. He got benched. Now he got some good PT and he played great. I hope he can keep it up.

This thread always overreacts when “washed” players have a good game or two and then fades into the background again when they regress to the mean. I’m rooting for Kemba as much as anyone though for obvious reasons.

Where are you sending him?
It’s tough because I’m not exactly sure what his value is. Like if I were OKC, I’d send some picks their way in an instant. Do the Cavs want some random picks though? I dunno.

Dallas would be another good option. Any team with a jumbo ball handler would work. Allow Sexton to play the 2.

I’d take him in Boston too.
Isn't he out for rest of the season?
He is, but if you trade for him now, you get his RFA bird rights this summer, so could match any team’s offer.

269654553_5415309315164215_7486862334781813320_n.jpg

And you don’t have to trade a major piece money-wise in order to get Sexton now since he’s on a rookie deal. Just have to be willing to pay market value for him going forward.

Sexton's market is probably in the ballpark of what Beasley and Trent got, which was like $15-16M per. Can't imagine him getting more.

Not getting the Kemba controversy. He wasn’t playing well. He got benched. Now he got some good PT and he played great. I hope he can keep it up.

This thread always overreacts when “washed” players have a good game or two and then fades into the background again when they regress to the mean. I’m rooting for Kemba as much as anyone though for obvious reasons.

yeah, kemba's been washed and his situation definitely needed reconsideration, but thibs took him out of the game completely as in "you're never playing again on this team" as if he's been the sole problem to this season. those words from thibs were too harsh, too angry. only reason kemba got to play was due to the recent covid surge.

and the knicks' problems didn't go away. they've only gotten worse as thibs has continued to look the other way everytime julius randle manages to play selfish, incompetent basketball. other players see this and i believe it's caused bad chemistry within the team. i believe thibs time will be cut short in nyc due to his own doing

I've seen Knick players who were way worse get the coach and organization get the blame for their lack of playing time so when Kemba Walker gets benched benched people gonna ask questions. I dont think anyone saying he should be starting but out of the line up completely is discussion worthy.

ESPN really got Stephen A working all day on Christmas (Saturday so typically an off day) :rofl: They had him on for Thanksgiving too IIRC. As much as folks may not like him, he's definitely earning that bag.

Doris and Mark on for PHX/GSW on Christmas Day should be entertaining. Could be the game of the day if Wiggs isn't in protocols

I've seen Knick players who were way worse get the coach and organization get the blame for their lack of playing time so when Kemba Walker gets benched benched people gonna ask questions. I dont think anyone saying he should be starting but out of the line up completely is discussion worthy.

And according to Kemba, Thibs isn’t speaking to him about any of it. For a vet if Kemba’s tenure, who seems well liked, giving the silent treatment like that seems weirdly petty and punitive. EYE just can’t see anything positive that’s likely to come from that approach.

ESPN really got Stephen A working all day on Christmas (Saturday so typically an off day) :rofl: They had him on for Thanksgiving too IIRC. As much as folks may not like him, he's definitely earning that bag.

Doris and Mark on for PHX/GSW on Christmas Day should be entertaining. Could be the game of the day if Wiggs isn't in protocols

When you're the highest paid employee in ESPN, there's demands which come with that title. Not sure how long he can sustain this though. Good for him, nonetheless.

ESASPN
sass1.png

SAS is trying parlay this into a night time show gig. he has bigger aspirations.
maybe, he will be the next disney/marvel superhero. he's already done soap operas for ABC

does "stink" mean good or bad these days?
its a travel, but isn't that like some youth league

At least the kid did a move in the middle of a game where he scores and it doesn’t matter if his foot’s on the line or not. That’s how you lose Game 7s and stuff. Clown.

I experienced four deaths almost simultaneously. In the span of about a year, my NBA career ended, my marriage ended, and my stepfather committed suicide.

And that’s when my mother’s death fully hit me, all those years later.
Damn :frown:

But I’m really proud to say that I haven’t had a drink in about two years, and I’m doing really good.

Good to hear for Steve :nthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom