The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes 37% of them, man :lol:

Outside of SGA it's hard to tell these guy's ceilings IMO but he definitely looks like he'll be a solid pro and not a bust like many suspected
Learned my lesson with LaMelo and was just not gonna be willing to bet against a jumbo ball handler again. Just seems like it's too easy for them to have a positive impact on the game. That's why I thought it was weird that a lot of dudes were automatically calling Giddey a bust.

Not sure what his ceiling is either, but he does seem to play with a level of confidence that you kinda need in order to be an all-star, whether it's rational or not. Worst case he's definitely a useful cog in a starting lineup that makes everyone around him better.

Said it a couple weeks ago when we were discussing OKC. They aren't THAT far away from being a pretty decent team. SGA/Giddey/Dort is a solid foundation. They show promise when they all actually play together now. Getting a top 3 pick in this draft is a must though.

They still got this man working :lol:
Some dudes just love the grind :lol: I respect it. I had to make that decision myself. Decided against pursuing partnership. To me, no amount of money is worth 16-18 hour days & being on-call year round.

I’d rather take my chances investing
I have seen that COVID and the emergence of working from home have pretty much changed the approach/sentiment to "sick days"/PTO. Where most people would have normally taken time off in the past, now they just work remotely and store that time for later. I know several companies have had to increase PTO ceilings, year-over-year carryover limits, etc to account for this. I just didn't think that would apply to television hosts :lol:

They still got this man working :lol:
20EE0604-515E-4AB3-97E7-8E016AFD5988.jpeg

I know the feels. A SATURDAY. I'm starting to feel the same ill steelo ill steelo , there's gotta be a line.

I'm not tripping over it now, but what about when I have a kid? This can't be sustainable.

I know the feels. A SATURDAY. I'm starting to feel the same ill steelo ill steelo , there's gotta be a line.
Reading that is giving me PTSD :lol: :smh:

I was based in the southeast, all my family friends there, so it was a much easier decision. If your roots are up North or on the West coast it’s a bit more complicated, even more so if you have a lot of dependents.

But I get it. Unfortunately I don’t think the culture is ever gonna change, even with a fair amount of the younger kids pushing back.

I'm not tripping over it now, but what about when I have a kid? This can't be sustainable.

From a leadership perspective, health and family emergencies are where I draw the line in terms of requests. I am going to exhaust all options before asking you for something even if one the options is doing it myslf. No one has ever crossed that boundary with me but I have witnessed the way folks have reacted to it and it is never good.

Reading that is giving me PTSD :lol: :smh:

I was based in the southeast, all my family friends there, so it was a much easier decision. If your roots are up North or on the West coast it’s a bit more complicated, even more so if you have a lot of dependents.

But I get it. Unfortunately I don’t think the culture is ever gonna change, even with a fair amount of the younger kids pushing back.
I think you're gonna see a lot of people start quitting but quitting to do what? And for as many people that quit, there will be 10 incoming apps to take its place
From a leadership perspective, health and family emergencies are where I draw the line in terms of requests. I am going to exhaust all options before asking you for something even if one the options is doing it myslf. No one has ever crossed that boundary with me but I have witnessed the way folks have reacted to it and it is never good.
Yeah I have set a bad precedent here in my younger days. I blame myself. I worked from the hospital when my appendix ruptured. If I had a time machine, I would go back and punch myself in the face

I’m not even going to lie. I had a junior under me tell me she had COVID on a weekend last week and I thought she was lying to get out of work :lol:. Of course I told her to rest up and let me know how her recovery is going. Meanwhile a partner on the same deal had COVID and just worked through the whole bout. The American grind culture is just awful from top to bottom. We literally have sick days for people to take when they aren’t sick and WFH just has turned into people working through sickness from home.

Yeah I have set a bad precedent here in my younger days. I blame myself. I worked from the hospital when my appendix ruptured. If I had a time machine, I would go back and punch myself in the face
I never say no (pause where applicable) but that is wild. Glad you made it through, though.

I’m not even going to lie. I had a junior under me tell me she had COVID on a weekend last week and I thought she was lying to get out of work :lol:. Of course I told her to rest up and let me know how her recovery is going. Meanwhile a partner on the same deal had COVID and just worked through the whole bout. The American grind culture is just awful from top to bottom. We literally have sick days for people to take when they aren’t sick and WFH just has turned into people working through sickness from home.

While it is semantics and seemingly minute, some companies have seen a benefit of just lumping sick and vacation time together and just calling it PTO so there is no need for lying or doubt. The employee is just taking time off that they have earned. I am actually a believer in it :lol: Kyrie could have used that lesson in human resources :smh:

Giddey is gifted. OKC just needs a frontcourt and they will be a problem.

I posted a draft projection article in here yesterday that had Chet going to OKC at 3. Said him and Poku would be the “dream” front court. Scrawniest “twin towers” ever :lol:

I can’t remember whether it was the day of the surgery or the day after, but a senior lawyer called me when I was at the hospital for my wife’s heart transplant to ask a work question. Everyone at the firm knew it was happening.

He lead off with, “this can wait if it’s not a good time,” but I was still stunned he called at all. I answered his question because he happened to call at a stable moment and I was only in my second year at the firm. But I never forgot that and consciously tried to avoid working with that dude as best I could after.

I had a doctors appointment and was OOO one day and it was crazy serious. So serious that I didn't even tell people at work what it was for and they knew I wasn't playing around. I got a call at like 6:00 PM cause the client asked to rework the entire meeting the night before and the phrase "I know you are sick but work comes first" was said....

He didn't even try and push the meeting on my behalf. Went into the office and I ended up sleeping under my desk at work that night I was there so long by the time I finished it was 5:00 AM and there was no point in going home..... Then the meeting got canceled.

I was wildin back then man, I wouldn't dare do some of this crap now. That same dude made me cancel a date on a Friday. Kept there until 2:00 AM SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom