The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they just want to move Lakers Nets....

Let's be real, thats not a prime time game for a number of reasons.

Suns Dubs should have the prime spot.
This post is 100% valid today but I don’t think many could say they would agree when the schedule was announced (not sure if Ky was out by that time or not). In September/October many folks on NT and in the media were predicting a Nets/Lakers Finals.

I think that GSW/PHX was also a really good game too considering you had the reigning WC Champ against the pre-KD Warriors Big 3 but considering no one expected GSW to look like THIS and Klay’s return wasn’t 100%, it didn’t make the cut

This is cool for the league an all but are they really going to act like fans don’t exist and probably have already made their Christmas Day plans around the game?

BC52-C203-5-D43-4-FE2-9-E25-D037-C16-CAC11.jpg

I had a doctors appointment and was OOO one day and it was crazy serious. So serious that I didn't even tell people at work what it was for and they knew I wasn't playing around. I got a call at like 6:00 PM cause the client asked to rework the entire meeting the night before and the phrase "I know you are sick but work comes first" was said....

He didn't even try and push the meeting on my behalf. Went into the office and I ended up sleeping under my desk at work that night I was there so long by the time I finished it was 5:00 AM and there was no point in going home..... Then the meeting got canceled.

I was wildin back then man, I wouldn't dare do some of this crap now. That same dude made me cancel a date on a Friday. Kept there until 2:00 AM SMH

You definitely was wildin', but EYE understand.

For people in the finance/accounting/auditing field we expect there are times where were gonna have to put in those extended hours.

That's just the nature of the job, but your scenario right there is flat out ridiculous. :smh:

Someone gave me some advice saying do your job to the best of your ability, but don't overextend yourself to the point where you're physically and mentally drained. You drop down dead on the job they're not gonna hold a memorial in your honor, just bring in your replacement and keep it moving.

I'm surprised Joe Johnson ain't out here trying to get another check. Granitte he made 220M in his 17 year career, I saw him play last month and he could still legitimately give someone 20ppg right now. Surprised LeBron didn't try to bring him in with his gerontophilia.

More Lipstick Alley content, but W/E -

Who's gonna shoot their shot with Ayesha now (or Steph, if that's your thing)?

Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio missing a prime opportunity to get in his bag

Was reading all the replies from earlier. Decided not to reply, because it's downright awful.

It's disgusting to hear some of these stories. I myself have a similar story, my grandmother passed away, literally while I was at work. Worked through all the meetings and calls. I tell my MD what happened, and he tells me to "go for a walk and come back in an hour". That stayed with me forever. Told myself If I was ever in that position, I'd be a lot more sympathetic for people.

If one of my guys/girls are sick or OOO, I never hit them up, nor expect them to answer emails. That type of work culture is toxic af.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom