The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's already operating at a completely different level when life put him in a position to be able to own a sports franchise. If the opportunity isn't there in sports he's getting it elsewhere. How else would athletes make what capitalism marketing and a bunch of other factors have afforded them the ability to make?
How did he get there though? By running a hedge fund, which arguably is further abusing the benefits of capitalism.

The best player on the Bucks is a former HOMELESS person and you're talking about how athletes benefit more from capitalism than a guy who bought into a sports team as a plaything and doesn't even love basketball like that.

Athletes benefit from the profits their labor generates because they are at the absolute top of their profession, provide a service million s of consumers will pay a ton to see, and have decent unions that collectively bargain their benefits. When an athlete can no longer perform they are replaced. It is a rather fair system.

On a micro level, Pro athletes are actually the examples of capitalism working at its best. In a macro level Pro athletes compensation mean little. They earned their money it two major ways. Their labor, and their likeness. Non of this activity distorts the macroeconomy.

If there is anything distorted about the system it is on ownership side. They are the ones that deserve criticism. With always looking for a tax handout.

The thing is that too many workers don't enjoy the labor protections that allow pro athletes, especially NBA players, to extract the full compensation for their labor.

A just social democracy that provides people with good healthcare, education, housing and other essentials would probably result in pro athletes getting paid more, not less. But be taxed higher.

Last edited:
It is interested that a Bernie Sanders supporter like clyde the glide clyde the glide , who was was so pissed when Biden beat dude that he said CNN was controlling NT

Would be in here being critical of the workers that secure their wage through their labor and strong unions

And defending billionaires that make money from other people's work and begging for tax breaks

Funny hours

Last edited:
How did he get there though? By running a hedge fund, which arguably is further abusing the benefits of capitalism.

The best player on the Bucks is a former HOMELESS person and you're talking about how athletes benefit more from capitalism than a guy who bought into a sports team as a plaything and doesn't even love basketball like that.
Key word bought. Whether right or wrong how he got there he bought the team. He's not a laborer. I do appreciate and might even agree with your point regarding hedge funds tho. I don't know much about it but it's hard to say anyone benefits more than those on Wall St.

I feel like I've mentioned this before but I know a couple of people who own slices of sports teams, and the one that I know the "best" owns a piece of the Bucks. After they won the chip, his investment was worth more than 4X what he put in and he was basically getting ready to sell it, but ended up not doing it.

So yeah.... He benefits more from capitalism than the players on the Bucks most of whom aren't even on the roster and subsequently got to experience the feeling of winning a title, and he has made the combined salary of the roster several times over. He got a ring too.

Steve Ballmer bought the Clippers for $2 Billion. The franchise is now estimated to be worth $3.3 Billion.

So he’s added $1.3 Billion to his personal fortune by just doing what sports owners should do - hiring good people and letting them do their jobs.

Key word bought. Whether right or wrong how he got there he bought the team. He's not a laborer. I do appreciate and might even agree with your point regarding hedge funds tho. I don't know much about it but it's hard to say anyone benefits more than those on Wall St.
I would also disagree with that, the client base that Wall Street serves benefits more than Wall Street does.

EYE know Harden is confirmed for the Christmas game, but what about PHA?

:rofl:

One of the Worst accounts out there man :lol:

*hits follow*

20190416_225918.jpg

He’s coming. ****** know wassup 😤😤

1 loss back of the 4 seed today and PG, Morris and Batum have only played in the same game once all season so far. Ibaka’s barely played as well.

As much a testament to how mediocre most of the league has been as anything else, but some cause for optimism we stay in the mix for a top 4 seed even before Kawhi is ready to come back.

It’s not good, v.

Quick look into my dossier…

His first post in the Ahmaud Arbery thread
54549D5E-6914-4624-93F1-4C62FAB588E4.jpeg

In regards to Sterling being racist
436B6C39-5EA0-4606-B125-2388BDC97F42.jpeg

On black neighborhoods vs white neighborhoods
A1AA5305-435F-4555-B0B2-BC450729CDF6.jpeg

On middle eastern people being in public = terrorists
03E6857D-CB28-4B9E-8271-A9BD75DF01F5.jpeg

Spoiler alert, the fbi determined they were just students, with no link to terrorist groups.

It’s not good, v.

Spoiler alert, the fbi determined they were just students, with no link to terrorist groups.

Damn, mans a whole racist.

Last edited:
It’s not good, v.

How tf you be finding this stuff always gets me

On another note, there were reps back in 2013? When did reps first come to NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom