The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular season has issues. We all know that.

Doesn’t explain why PLAYOFF BASKETBALL can’t get in the top 100 tho. Playoff basketball is great.

I get the NFL is an event but these mediocre college bowl games in the middle of Oklahoma or Mississippi are doing these type of numbers?
I'd enjoyed them last year but half the thread said the playoffs stunk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trimming teams won't happen. They want to expand. Vegas and Seattle are the likeliest next candidates .

none of what I’ve suggested is going happen, the money is too big

the nature of the game itself forces the nfl to only go so far, with regard to length of the season.. but also they gotta give guys at least couple days between games

so even with bad Thursday night games, you’re still checking things out.. or the terrible england games

nfl could easily be smarter.. like using teams coming off of byes for those Thursday games.. but they don’t have the number of issues the nba has

like nfl should add a 2nd bye week for each team, so a 1st half of the season bye week and 2nd half of the season one.. that gives the nfl another week to sell just by doing the smart thing and giving teams more rest

you getting paid from it?

i just want a better product, as a consumer

You getting paid from the NFL for hours longs of commercials?

Better product, like the NFL doesn’t have the same issues with their product. GM’s still can’t draft a QB correctly. Most of them become busts.

They just have less games so they hide their “product” better. But plenty of bums there too.

Better product, like the NFL doesn’t have the same issues with their product. GM’s still can’t draft a QB correctly. Most of them become busts.

They just have less games so they hide their “product” better. But plenty of bums there too.
Yea the actual on field NFL product isn’t that great but football is an “event” for many reasons in this country so it will always do numbers…Half the league doesn’t have competent QB’s and the defense can barely tackle anymore :lol: :smh:

I would like a better nfl product as well

I think they are missing some obvious things, in my view

Like have the 2nd bye week as I mentioned above

Or they could have individual team viewing packages.. should also make the packages available through streaming services..

So for example, I am an eagles fan, I would give Amazon couple extra dollars if they had an option for all eagles games.. I pay for the nfl package to make sure I can watch all of my teams games but if I had an option to pay half the price and be able to stream all eagles games, I’d probably do it

Don’t tell me the NFL is a better product when baker mayfield and Ben rorhtellishbirger combined to throw for 250 yards

Some crazy number of QB’s drafted in the top 5 become busts. It’s like 80 percent, something ridiculous.

These GM’s can’t even scout QB’s correctly. They’re bums. Baker BUM.

But Lamar goes 22nd in the draft. No one knows what they’re doing in the NFL with talent in the most important position.

Gambling and any excuse to drink a lot. NFL days provide all of that.

That’s why I say it’s an event. It’s cool and tolerable to go to your boys house and watch. The commercials go by faster.

But I can’t watch it alone or with a significant from start to finish.

Americans just love violence. It is what it is.

i think that’s a plus, but it’s more than that.. cause boxing been dying a slow death and don’t know how big mma is, in the grand scheme

but this is probably a knock on Jordan, to a degree.. with as much as he did to popularize the game and ain’t like he was switching teams every couple years.. but the focus went even more so to the individual guys in the 90s

whereas people always going watch the Steelers no matter if Ben is there or not.. cowboys ain’t been good GOOD in a while but still easily one of the most valusable sports teams in the world and always getting eyes on tvs and butts in seats

Gambling and any excuse to drink a lot. NFL days provide all of that.

fantasy is also huge, so a crap ton of people care about random backup RBs or 3rd, 4th or even 5th WRs or backup TEs and schemes if people are getting desperate

If I'm being real, a playoff baseball game might top playoff football and basketball.

huge IF

baseball is worse off than basketball.. if it ain’t your team, it’s really only a couple situations that could get people to care

at least with basketball if Stars are involved you might watch just for that if your team or a rival isnt involved

like I was watching the bucks finals.. I ain’t watching the brewers in the World Series unless they’re playing certain teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom