The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embiid played 30 games in 3 seasons

roll-safe-clever.gif

A healthy Hunter essentially gives you what Tobias does without robbing you for 35 mil. That’s the main premise. Collins I like and I can already see some shenanigans with with, Drum and Embiid all on the court together (since Collins a 6’10” SG and Drum a 6’11” PG)

Hunter is never healthy though. That’s pennies on the dollar

maybe I missed something but I’ve seen nothing from Simmons mentality wise that would lead me to believe he’d be willing to accept playing the 4 or 5. Maybe I’m wrong

Again, there is no one I want on that team not named Trae if I’m Philly

Just circling back, Morey aint gonna want ATL pieces so it's probably moot

This. Morey and Philly really are in the driver's seat here despite what most people think. There is no reason to flip him just for the sake of getting him off the roster. Beyond that, we are a little more than a month away from the ASB. Any trade you make today has a slim chance of getting you over the hump this season. So unless it's a player/package that you want that will set you want AND it will set up for the future there is no reason to rush to trade him now as opposed to waiting until the offseason.

maybe I missed something but I’ve seen nothing from Simmons mentality wise that would lead me to believe he’d be willing to accept playing the 4 or 5. Maybe I’m wrong
This doesn't really make sense. He's not some high usage guy that pounds the rock.

This. Morey and Philly really are in the driver's seat here despite what most people think. There is no reason to flip him just for the sake of getting him off the roster. Beyond that, we are a little more than a month away from the ASB. Any trade you make today has a slim chance of getting you over the hump this season. So unless it's a player/package that you want that will set you want AND it will set up for the future there is no reason to rush to trade him now as opposed to waiting until the offseason.

Do you believe it's smart to punt on another MVP caliber season from Joel?

This doesn't really make sense. He's not some high usage guy that pounds the rock.
You’re right he’s not but he also seems like the type that would think he’s better than playing the four or five regardless of what reality says. But maybe he’s expressed a desire to being willing to play those positions that I missed

You’re right he’s not but he also seems like the type that would think he’s better than playing the four or five regardless of what reality says. But maybe he’s expressed a desire to being willing to play those positions that I missed
"Playing the 4 or 5" has a different definition for every team. He would still be touching the ball a ton and facilitating offense like Draymond does in GS. Would probably have the second highest usage behind Ice Tray.

That's Ben's fault more than anything

idk it's hard to gauge what's actually being offered for Simmons at this point

I'm aware, but isn't it a real risk they're playing by pissing off Joel more by not getting something for Ben to help the team now?

I just picture Simmons spraying to the shooters including Collins (idk if Simmons starting at the 5 is feasible), also give Trae a chance to not be on ball so much

The Simmons + personnel that beat Miami that one year was promising

Gotta put him with that type of skill set group which ATL has

Would probably take a 3rd team or something but Ben in Philly is a look that'd be down for.

Even w/ATL's defense woes, they're a +2.4 per 100 possessions w/Trae on the floor w/a 117 ORTG. He's at worst the 5th best offensive player in basketball *ducks* Their biggest issue isn't defense, crunch time offense, etc. it's that they have a 100.9 ORTG w/ Trae off the floor and are a -4.5 per 100 w/him off of it.

They have the best offense in the league by far w/Trae on the floor, and the worst offense in the league w/him on the bench.

Say that to say, you could do some staggering to have Ben w/some on ball reps w/trae off the floor so that you're not a train wreck when Trae isn't on it. And there'd be enough shooting around Ben to make it work. I'm with it.

I wonder if Siakam is on the trading block

He kinda impeding Scottie Barnes progress imo.

Raptors could use a real 5

Morey having leverage would make more sense if we we're hearing Ben was coming back to play at some point. But fam obviously doesn't care to come back. What's the point of having leverage in that situation?

Fam done lost 10 million and casually comes to the Walls Fargo Center every now and then to use the dumbbells

Morey deadline should be the off-season. Put your ego down think about the rest of the roster and stop thinking of fantasy deals you pulled off in 2K

I'm aware, but isn't it a real risk they're playing by pissing off Joel more by not getting something for Ben to help the team now?
Well, Ben forced this situation. So it kind of just is what it is. Yeah of course Embiid and the rest of the team is probably pissed

They probably realize though that getting a meh return isn't going to make things much better. But again, it's difficult to really know what's being offered

Do you believe it's smart to punt on another MVP caliber season from Joel?

EYE have stated before I would have done the Brogdon deal in the offseason (despite folks concerned about his injury) this summer. But that was the offseason. No disrespect to the Philly fans but 37 games in and I would consider this a punted MVP caliber season at this point. Also if I'm Morey, seeing this ATL packages appear after a few months of silence would give me hope that as other team's situations worsen, or even combust, that Philly could get a better package in the offseason. At the very least they would get something similar.

It has to be frustrating to watch as a full-time Philly fan and even as a fan of the sport, not having a healthy "All-Star" out there is disappointing but Morey is probably doing what's best given the circumstances. Now if Ben was an expiring and/or there was a legit player demanding to go to Philly then this would be a different conversation but he's under contract for four more years.

No matter what happens, as you and I have said before, this will not be forgotten in the new CBA. Ben Simmons bout to get his own clause :smokin

EYE have stated before I would have done the Brogdon deal in the offseason (despite folks concerned about his injury) this summer. But that was the offseason. No disrespect to the Philly fans but 37 games in and I would consider this a punted MVP caliber season at this point. Also if I'm Morey, seeing this ATL packages appear after a few months of silence would give me hope that as other team's situations worsen, or even combust, that Philly could get a better package in the offseason. At the very least they would get something similar.

It has to be frustrating to watch as a full-time Philly fan and even as a fan of the sport, not having a healthy "All-Star" out there is disappointing but Morey is probably doing what's best given the circumstances. Now if Ben was an expiring and/or there was a legit player demanding to go to Philly then this would be a different conversation but he's under contract for four more years.

No matter what happens, as you and I have said before, this will not be forgotten in the new CBA. Ben Simmons bout to get his own clause :smokin
We about to get Dame and CJ for Benanim and Tobias :nthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom