The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playoffs are going to be wild if Kyrie is still sitting out home games. Not to mention Bent having to play in front of Philly fans on the road where he notoriously struggles.

The past 48 hours have convinced me that a NBA players “Trade value” is another thing that’s just becoming completely arbitrary. After these CJ, Hali, Sabonis and maybe soon to be Harden/Benjamin deals there is no real way to gauge it and you’re probably better off waiting than rushing a trade because it will likely be an overpay.

Playoffs are going to be wild if Kyrie is still sitting out home games. Not to mention Bent having to play in front of Philly fans on the road where he notoriously struggles.
Apparently the Vax mandate might be changed as soon as today? Anyone else seeing this

No one better save the lakers. Make them have to work with that 47M guy next year too

Case in point. Stuff like this (grudges) is why trade value is hard to gauge potential moves. We see it with the Lakers (basketball reason, Kawhi/Pop, this year), saw it with Houston/Philly last year, etc

do people still love Sean Marks

sas-stephen-a-smith.gif

It’d be tough for me to part with Ben + 2 of Seth/Maxey/Thybulle for a Harden on the wrong side of 30 rapidly deteriorating physically. He’s not iron man anymore, he’s not 30 ppg anymore.

They can have any or even all 3 of Kork/Shake/Danny Green, beyond that I can’t.

It’d be tough for me to part with Ben + 2 of Seth/Maxey/Thybulle for a Harden on the wrong side of 30 rapidly deteriorating physically. He’s not iron man anymore, he’s not 30 ppg anymore.

They can have any or even all 3 of Kork/Shake/Danny Green, beyond that I can’t.
Maxey and Maltese off the table anyway.

The past 48 hours have convinced me that a NBA players “Trade value” is another thing that’s just becoming completely arbitrary. After these CJ, Hali, Sabonis and maybe soon to be Harden/Benjamin deals there is no real way to gauge it and you’re probably better off waiting than rushing a trade because it will likely be an overpay.
I think “arbitrary” is a bit strong, but it’s certainly situation dependent. Calculations are different for a tanking team, a team desperate just to make the playoffs like Sac and a team that has short-term championship aspirations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom