The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait till Harden wants to play iso ball in Philly. Embiid about to be in for a rude awakening.

sixers dont have anyone else who can iso and score at will or take over a game.. Embiid will welcome it

im pretty sure embiid will be happy to relax on the offensive end a few times and participate in defense alil more at times

James Harden is going to be in a completely different role. He is now to Embiid what Chris Paul was to him. Hard to project anything cause he's never been in this spot.

Same goes for Simmons.

zzz.PNG

James Harden is going to be in a completely different role. He is now to Embiid what Chris Paul was to him. Hard to project anything cause he's never been in this spot.

Same goes for Simmons.
What have you seen from Harden this season to make you think the outcome will be any different? Knowing it's the worst season of his career as a starter

Same goes for Simmons.
Simmons is in the perfect spot for him if he's okay with not being that guy or the deputy to that guy.

BK's gonna be dangerous if he approaches it like a Bosh without any delusions of grandeur on what his role is gonna be.

If he still thinks he's gonna be that guy though then there could be problems...

At this stage in his career I think Harden should be fine with being Embiids foil/Robin too. They'll compliment each other nicely if they can stay on the same page which I believe they will be, at least for this season :lol:

Same goes for Simmons.

I've seen a lot of "Harden is going to be in a different role" or "Simmons just has to pass & defend".

When has either player shown a willingness to alter their play style?

This is the fake compete thing I was referring to. No, he wasn't

What does fake compete even mean?? :lol:

2001 - 2004 he absolutely had comparable ability and production. 2 x 1st team All NBA through that period.

When it comes to winning obviously there's no discussion.

I've seen a lot of "Harden is going to be in a different role" or "Simmons just has to pass & defend".

Never but James Harden is on the outs broadly and I hope that he isn't crazy enough to think that he's more important than Embiid at this point.

Ben Simmons stinks, they're gonna tell him that he has to become Draymond.

Last year harden was a great PG until his thighs cooked him. We are on the other side of that mountain though.

Really Philly needs Embiid to take that jump

:lol: 3-1 with only 1 home game left is different than most 3-1 collapses, but point taken.

You gotta tip your cap to Chauncey in G6. Probably the best game of his career.

And unfortunately Mac played that entire game and had nothing left for G7.

Last year harden was a great PG until his thighs cooked him. We are on the other side of that mountain though.

Really Philly needs Embiid to take that jump
He's still second in the league in assists this season though.

I don't see how he won't be able to make it work in a differential role while still being able to take some of the load off Embiid.

Embiid's kind of already been taking that leap this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom