The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing with the Spurs staff diagnosing/misdiagnosing him most likely

Also on a smaller scale when his teammates were trying to compare their injuries to his
They didn’t misdiagnose him though. He went to Toronto and had the same load management plan that the spurs proposed to him. The teammates calling him out publicly was a bad look.

They didn’t misdiagnose him though. He went to Toronto and had the same load management plan that the spurs proposed to him. The teammates calling him out publicly was a bad look.
Whether they correctly diagnosed him or not, I'm saying the initial perception was that they fumbled his injury

That probably plays a large role in why he's not as slandered

I was thinking about this yesterrday. Would love to see one of those graphics that shows the rings, ALl NBA teams, awards, etc.

That title was such a choke job

It really was and I think how extreme it was is often forgotten/swept under the rug because Kobe and Shaq went on to win after. Similar could be said about KD going on to win after blowing the 3-1 lead to GSW, GSW going on to win after the 2016 Finals, etc.

I think a big part of this was that it at least felt like All star was heavily under promoted. Moms is a hoops head and had no idea it was this weekend.

I'm interested in seeing how Cleveland / SLC / Indy impacts ratings, which I think it did this year.

Kobe-Shaq were fighting with each other, Malone was hobbled, GP was lost in the Triangle and the Lakers had no depth. Wasn't really a surprise a well rounded team like the Pistons worked them.

So Ben or AD?

I'm not saying either should have been in there but man....that's kind of tough. If we're looking at both of them, I would give Ben the nod over AD up to this point in AD's career.

All-Defense: Ben 6 - AD 4
DPOY: Ben 4 - AD 0
All-NBA: Ben 5 - AD 4
All-Star: Ben 4 - AD 8
Championships: Ben 1 - AD 1

Not to mention Ben Wallace overachieved and AD has all the talent in the world. It's closer than people think based on accomplishments, but AD has a lot of time left to add to his resume.

Kobe-Shaq were fighting with each other, Malone was hobbled, GP was lost in the Triangle and the Lakers had no depth. Wasn't really a surprise a well rounded team like the Pistons worked them.

And yet they were rolling until Malone's knee blew out. I still remember Kareem Rush game 6 vs Minnesota watching that on TNT :lol:

Gary Payton on Vlad TV over the last week has some solid insight into this season. From him and Malone signing and how that happened, to Kobe flying 5 motorcycles into Hawaii for training camp for his security, to Shaq bickering with Buss about money, to Kobe's paranoia, and some other stuff, pretty solid watch.

And yet they were rolling until Malone's knee blew out. I still remember Kareem Rush game 6 vs Minnesota watching that on TNT :lol:

Gary Payton on Vlad TV over the last week has some solid insight into this season. From him and Malone signing and how that happened, to Kobe flying 5 motorcycles into Hawaii for training camp for his security, to Shaq bickering with Buss about money, to Kobe's paranoia, and some other stuff, pretty solid watch.
Man why does Vlad TV chop up the interviews to 3819523 videos. At least upload the entire interview then chop it up after.

The Pistons were just top-to-bottom better than the version of the Lakers team that was in the Finals.

Shaq and Wade’s Heat team losing to the Pistons in the ECF the following season was more of a choke.

Based on the criteria being accomplishments during their NBA resume I think it would be Dikembe >> Zo >>>> Yao.

Nah. Zo better than Yao and Dikembe and got a ring. Zo was the Dwight prototype. Undersized C who were super athletic. Zo was better on offense than Dikembe and Dwight though. Dwight and Dikembe only were better rebounders. Zo is a top 5 shot blocker all time time and he was only 6’10”

Zo was 20-10 and 3 blocks per in his prime

Last edited:
Reggie has a better case than Ray Allen. If Ray didn’t ring chase he wouldn’t be in there.

They are EERILY identical statically.
1645649141090.png

Ray Allen has one less All-NBA but 5x more AS appearances. I see where your slander is coming from but Ray was a big contributor to both rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom