The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the same level of racism brothers throw at white players all the time.

Like when Dennis Robman said Larry Bird, a Mt Rushmore Player would be just another player if he was black.

Or the constant low-key sneak dis guys like Luka Doncick, Dirk Nowitzki, hell even forgotten guys like Mark Price or Steve Nash get.

White dudes that literally dog walked the vast majority of superior black athletes throughout the league.

I experienced it coming up in basketball whether it was BCI or AAU, or even if I jumped in random pick up games on the west side of Chicago, just to get some healthy challenge. Always underrated, until you’re out there busting their ***.

I love Kyrie Irving, yet he said it’s racist that Jerry West is the logo. I’m like why? Why is there no accusations of racism for that? In basketball the white dude is the minority.

In terms of shooting guards, Jerry is the fourth best ever, if you have him as a point guard, he’s like the fifth best ever.

And unlike a contemporary loser like say Oscar Robertson, Jerry West was a better teammate, leader, clutch player, and defender. If anything you would want a white guy to be the logo, because it appeals to white viewers who wouldn’t necessarily be as invested because they don’t see themselves represented in the league full of predominantly black players.

If anything, it’s usually basketball racism is hating on white guys. Let’s not get it twisted
aepps20 aepps20

Like when Dennis Robman said Larry Bird, a Mt Rushmore Player would be just another player if he was black.

Or the constant low-key sneak dis guys like Luka Doncick, Dirk Nowitzki, hell even forgotten guys like Mark Price or Steve Nash get.

White dudes that literally dog walked the vast majority of superior black athletes throughout the league.

I experienced it coming up in basketball whether it was BCI or AAU, or even if I jumped in random pick up games on the west side of Chicago, just to get some healthy challenge. Always underrated, until you’re out there busting their ***.

I love Kyrie Irving, yet he said it’s racist that Jerry West is the logo. I’m like why? Why is there no accusations of racism for that? In basketball the white dude is the minority.

In terms of shooting guards, Jerry is the fourth best ever, if you have him as a point guard, he’s like the fifth best ever.

And unlike a contemporary loser like say Oscar Robertson, Jerry West was a better teammate, leader, clutch player, and defender. If anything you would want a white guy to be the logo, because it appeals to white viewers who wouldn’t necessarily be as invested because they don’t see themselves represented in the league full of predominantly black players.

If anything, it’s usually basketball racism is hating on white guys. Let’s not get it twisted

I agree with this 💯 👌. I see more racism in the NBA against whites than I've ever experienced in my life as a Black Man.

Not really. For some reason, people refuse to look at the amount of minutes being played :lol:. AI used to lead the league at like 42mpg. All the top scorers were close to 40mpg.

Right now…you got guys around 33-36mpg.

I think other factors come into play here.

The league overall has more talent, you can have solid contributors 6-12 on your bench. Unless you're coached by Nurse or Thibs you don't have to play 40 minutes a game.

Also, everyone getting paid now, so you have to play certain guys.

The league and players overall take care of their bodies much better now. Way more money is going into this than in the 80s-2000s.

AI had a pretty bad supporting cast. Also when Kobe's minutes spiked to the 40s, those were some bad role players.

I agree with this 💯 👌. I see more racism in the NBA against whites than I've ever experienced in my life as a Black Man.
Not comparing the scenarios.

I see I touched a nerve though, I see you also probably had some poor education wherever you did grow up, reading comprehension and not understanding contextually what I’m talking about.

You do know how to gaslight and strawman though, probably accidentally.

Wasn’t comparing the two scenarios.

Saying there is a thing called basketball racism or bias. It exists.

No, I don’t know you but tbh I doubt you experienced anything that traumatic. Not from the 90s forward.

This is the problem we have right now in society. Confusing preferential treatment for equal treatment.

I see I touched a nerve though, I also see you also probably had some poor education wherever you did grow up, reading comprehension and not understanding contextually what I’m talking about.

No, I don’t know you but tbh I doubt you experienced anything that traumatic. Not from the 90s forward.

This is the problem we have right now in society. Confusing preferential treatment for equal treatment.

I am against racism against everyone. I see more racism against Whites than Black's especially in the NBA.

Also when Kobe's minutes spiked to the 40s, those were some bad role players.

Kobe was playing 41 mpg in the 00-01 season…

In fact, he averaged 40mpg during the lakers 3peat

12250A33-4CA2-4273-A911-B60399322015.jpeg

***** just naturally adjusts. More 3s…less minutes. Better science. Better rotations. Etc

But back to the original point. The elite scorers are going to be elite scorer in any era. Saying somebody who averaged 20ppg back then, would average 30+PPG today is nonsense. A whole lot goes into that.

Minutes are one of them. And it’s often ignored

I see I touched a nerve though, I also see you also probably had some poor education wherever you did grow up, reading comprehension and not understanding contextually what I’m talking about.

Preferential treatment for who? :emoji_eyes:

storm2006 storm2006 dibs on girl in the middle. Sturdy chin and all.

Srs though, whats SIPS?

Just an outside bar that starts at happy hour after work in the summer on a wednesday

Heart of center city so it brings out a lot of working people to enjoy themselves….but also its philly so lots of fights lol

Athletes always showing up

I see I touched a nerve though, I see you also probably had some poor education wherever you did grow up, reading comprehension and not understanding contextually what I’m talking about.

aepps20 aepps20 is a true PATRIOT 🇺🇸 and one who STANDS for the flag. He’ll also STAND BY if necessary.

Everything he says has to be true. NTs most honest conservative voice in fighting the woke libs, blm, cancel culture, critical race theory and most importantly, the anti-white racism which is running amok and the worst thing ever in America.

You should apologize to the true patriot aepps20 aepps20 . A REAL LEGACY AMERICAN hero.

Okay....Who's burner is this?? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom