The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
aepps20 aepps20 is a true PATRIOT 🇺🇸 and one who STANDS for the flag. He’ll also STAND BY if necessary.

Everything he says has to be true. NTs most honest conservative voice in fighting the woke libs, blm, cancel culture, critical race theory and most importantly, the anti-white racism which is running amok and the worst thing ever in America.

You should apologize to the true patriot aepps20 aepps20 . A REAL LEGACY AMERICAN hero.

Thank you for the kind words and support. I won't accept any apology because my brother thought that I wasn't on his side, DA RIGHT SIDE. Too many woke bois and SJWs on this site so I don't blame him.

Every player averaging 25+ today would have done so 25 years ago
Idk about every player. Alot of em yes today's players are uber talented but I have my doubts about some of the guys who rely on refs more. Game was different alot of stuff that flies today wouldn't back then.

Regarding Reggie miller I always thought he was a one trick pony and kinda overrated but at the same time it's a team game. Pacers were a very good team for a while and their offense ran around him. He often rose to the occasion as well. Not mad at him being in top 75.

That’s the same level of racism brothers throw at white players all the time.

Like when Dennis Robman said Larry Bird, a Mt Rushmore Player would be just another player if he was black.

Or the constant low-key sneak dis guys like Luka Doncick, Dirk Nowitzki, hell even forgotten guys like Mark Price or Steve Nash get.

White dudes that literally dog walked the vast majority of superior black athletes throughout the league.

I experienced it coming up in basketball whether it was BCI or AAU, or even if I jumped in random pick up games on the west side of Chicago, just to get some healthy challenge. Always underrated, until you’re out there busting their ***.

I love Kyrie Irving, yet he said it’s racist that Jerry West is the logo. I’m like why? Why is there no accusations of racism for that? In basketball the white dude is the minority.

In terms of shooting guards, Jerry is the fourth best ever, if you have him as a point guard, he’s like the fifth best ever.

And unlike a contemporary loser like say Oscar Robertson, Jerry West was a better teammate, leader, clutch player, and defender. If anything you would want a white guy to be the logo, because it appeals to white viewers who wouldn’t necessarily be as invested because they don’t see themselves represented in the league full of predominantly black players.

If anything, it’s usually basketball racism is hating on white guys. Let’s not get it twisted
Where Tf you been buc em buc em

Like when Dennis Robman said Larry Bird, a Mt Rushmore Player would be just another player if he was black.

Or the constant low-key sneak dis guys like Luka Doncick, Dirk Nowitzki, hell even forgotten guys like Mark Price or Steve Nash get.

White dudes that literally dog walked the vast majority of superior black athletes throughout the league.

I experienced it coming up in basketball whether it was BCI or AAU, or even if I jumped in random pick up games on the west side of Chicago, just to get some healthy challenge. Always underrated, until you’re out there busting their ***.

I love Kyrie Irving, yet he said it’s racist that Jerry West is the logo. I’m like why? Why is there no accusations of racism for that? In basketball the white dude is the minority.

In terms of shooting guards, Jerry is the fourth best ever, if you have him as a point guard, he’s like the fifth best ever.

And unlike a contemporary loser like say Oscar Robertson, Jerry West was a better teammate, leader, clutch player, and defender. If anything you would want a white guy to be the logo, because it appeals to white viewers who wouldn’t necessarily be as invested because they don’t see themselves represented in the league full of predominantly black players.

If anything, it’s usually basketball racism is hating on white guys. Let’s not get it twisted
danger style danger style

Idk about every player. Alot of em yes today's players are uber talented but I have my doubts about some of the guys who rely on refs more. Game was different alot of stuff that flies today wouldn't back then.

Regarding Reggie miller I always thought he was a one trick pony and kinda overrated but at the same time it's a team game. Pacers were a very good team for a while and their offense ran around him. He often rose to the occasion as well. Not mad at him being in top 75.

Guys averaging over 25
Embiid
Dekobe
KD
bron
Giannis
Luka
Jokic
Steph
Morant
Mitchell
Tatum
Booker

None of these guys are struggling in the 90s. Sure hand checking existed but hand checking never stopped a bucket getter. And while the game was more physical then, refs still called fouls. Reggie was a jump shooter that lived at the line. Peak Steve smith was shooting 6 free throws a game. The year jim Jackson averaged 26, he shot 7 free throws a game

Guys averaging over 25
Embiid
Dekobe
KD
bron
Giannis
Luka
Jokic
Steph
Morant
Mitchell
Tatum
Booker

None of these guys are struggling in the 90s. Sure hand checking existed but hand checking never stopped a bucket getter. And while the game was more physical then, refs still called fouls. Reggie was a jump shooter that lived at the line. Peak Steve smith was shooting 6 free throws a game. The year jim Jackson averaged 26, he shot 7 free throws a game

Why is Bron? Not capitalized?

EYE see what you’re doing

Didn't think about championship teams when it came to the Top 75 but damb.

Might be my favorite sports team ever. Nobody gave them a chance.

Would’ve repeated too if Sheed didn’t inexplicably trap :smh: I was so hot at that :lol:

He shouldn’t have even been on the court. Larry Brown was supposed to go with Tay at the 4 against that lineup in that situation. Switch everything, no 3s. Worst case you go to OT.

Chauncey goes b2b FMVP and he’s regarded a LOT differently

Not comparing the scenarios.

I see I touched a nerve though, I see you also probably had some poor education wherever you did grow up, reading comprehension and not understanding contextually what I’m talking about.

You do know how to gaslight and strawman though, probably accidentally.

Wasn’t comparing the two scenarios.

Saying there is a thing called basketball racism or bias. It exists.

No, I don’t know you but tbh I doubt you experienced anything that traumatic. Not from the 90s forward.

This is the problem we have right now in society. Confusing preferential treatment for equal treatment.

*checks join date

Oh I see now

Struggling, no, but Joker is Vlade with a 3-pointer. He's good staying in the era He's in. Put him in the 90s and no one is letting him out of the paint...nor does he probably develop that skill because he knows his *** gotta..."stay in the paint. "

Throw him in the elbow like Webber. The game is the same. He’d have saw those hard doubles on the block and we already know he’s eating those up.

David Robinson shot elbow jumpers. Ewing shot elbow jumpers. Hakeem was mean on the baselines. Smits was a hard cover because he could stretch the floor

Throw him in the elbow like Webber. The game is the same. He’d have saw those hard doubles on the block and we already know he’s eating those up.

David Robinson shot elbow jumpers. Ewing shot elbow jumpers. Hakeem was mean on the baselines. Smits was a hard cover because he could stretch the floor

Exactly. He translates. Doubt he's ever an MVP though.

Some of the guards is where the arguments are, I think.

Mods not modding when these cats come around. But when I tell a man to suck his moms I'm getting banned with the quickness.

Man who alt

*checks join date

Oh I see now

It's clear that he/she/they is a deep state operative acting on behalf of Klutch Sports to stop us from talking about how we are exiting the dog days of the season and entering the final stretch where bron™️ is about to lead the Lakers to a lottery pick that will be sent to New Orleans or Memphis (both of which will make the playoffs over them).

IRVING_.0.0.jpg

Exactly. He translates. Doubt he's ever an MVP though.

Some of the guards is where the arguments are, I think.

I don’t think the guards struggle though. Tim hardaway before he knees died was at 23 ppg. And he shot 3s. Damon stoudamire at 5’9” averaged 20. We knew what Iverson was. Marbury didn’t have trouble scoring.

Play Morant and Trae 42 mpg at 30% usage and they put up the same numbers they are today. Maybe it wouldn’t look exactly the same but the talent and freedom would still have been there

I don’t think the guards struggle though. Tim hardaway before he knees died was at 23 ppg. And he shot 3s. Damon stoudamire at 5’9” averaged 20. We knew what Iverson was. Marbury didn’t have trouble scoring.

Play Morant and Trae 42 mpg at 30% usage and they put up the same numbers they are today. Maybe it wouldn’t look exactly the same but the talent and freedom would still have been there

I dont disagree. I'd need to sort it out.

It's clear that he/she/they is a deep state operative acting on behalf of Klutch Sports to stop us from talking about how we are exiting the dog days of the season and entering the final stretch where bron™️ is about to lead the Lakers to a lottery pick that will be sent to New Orleans or Memphis (both of which will make the playoffs over them).

IRVING_.0.0.jpg
Big Perk? Lol

Ohhh... He's one of THESE. It all makes sense.

IRVING_.0.0.jpg

Our payroll is going towards more important things than ALT RIGHT burners.

Struggling, no, but Joker is Vlade with a 3-pointer. He's good staying in the era He's in. Put him in the 90s and no one is letting him out of the paint...nor does he probably develop that skill because he knows his *** gotta..."stay in the paint. "

Lol at “letting joker in the paint”

You act like he a lil soft dude or something lmao. Serbian big men have always thrived in this league. Jokic would be Jokic in ANY era.

He a 3 level scorer. Ppl always talk about what Sabonis would look like, if he came over when he was young….

And we’re literally looking at it whit Jokic. But you want to believe he’ll have trouble scoring in an era where Brad Dougherty was a 20/10 guy :lol:

Lol at “letting joker in the paint”

You act like he a lil soft dude or something lmao. Serbian big men have always thrived in this league. Jokic would be Jokic in ANY era.

He a 3 level scorer. Ppl always talk about what Sabonis would look like, if he came over when he was young….

And we’re literally looking at it whit Jokic. But you want to believe he’ll have trouble scoring in an era where Brad Dougherty was a 20/10 guy :lol:

Nah, I was simply just referring to how the game was played. He still would've had the skill, but the game at the time didn't dictate that big men laxily hover the arc.

Is that unreasonable?

You agreed with my point with Sabonis...they wanted to keep his *** inside. I never said Jokic would struggle. Thought I made that clear. :lol:

I don't think your argument is with me, b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom