The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zo played like 10 MPG during that Finals, man :lol: . And again I am going to leave who is the better player, eras, etc. out of it. If I was looking at blind resumes, then I think Dikembe gets the nod.

Zo was the far superior offensive player and as good as he was on defense, Dikembe still has more 4 more All-Defense, 2 more DPOY, 1 more All-NBA and 1 more AS appearance.
I hear you but those were some of the most impactful 10 minute sprints I’d ever seen :lol:

I don’t think the guards struggle though. Tim hardaway before he knees died was at 23 ppg. And he shot 3s. Damon stoudamire at 5’9” averaged 20. We knew what Iverson was. Marbury didn’t have trouble scoring.

Play Morant and Trae 42 mpg at 30% usage and they put up the same numbers they are today. Maybe it wouldn’t look exactly the same but the talent and freedom would still have been there
Yep. For another example, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf had a 5 year run in the 90s of averaging about 20 @ 6-1, 160. Today's scoring guards would be fine in the 1990s.

Guys averaging over 25
Embiid
Dekobe
KD
bron
Giannis
Luka
Jokic
Steph
Morant
Mitchell
Tatum
Booker

None of these guys are struggling in the 90s. Sure hand checking existed but hand checking never stopped a bucket getter. And while the game was more physical then, refs still called fouls. Reggie was a jump shooter that lived at the line. Peak Steve smith was shooting 6 free throws a game. The year jim Jackson averaged 26, he shot 7 free throws a game
Didn't know you meant right now literally. I agree I think all the guys on that list could and likely would for a season or two at very least. Some of the guys I'm thinking of either fell off in past year or so or are injured. Yes refs called fouls, the difference is nowadays they call alot more fouls that aren't actually fouls, at least in regular season. There's also a difference between guys who have a knack for getting to the line and those who constantly are trying to fool or bait the refs into calls. Number of attempts out of context doesn't really mean much every player is different.

Quickley or McBride can’t run point? Feel like Knicks fans talk about them all the time.

I just want a competent point guard like every other team in the league

John-Wall-Knicks.jpg

Fire Thibs and just buy Kemba out, let dude go somewhere and play. Thibs is a one trick pony, and all these dudes the Knicks cleaned house to get, from management down, riding pretty damned high for getting bounced by Trae Young and company, trash *** organization. Walt and Earl and nem’ ain’t walking through that door to lace them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom