The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lakers-sad-2004-nba-finalsjpg-86ffbc5b214400b4.jpg

That LAL team didn't live up to expectations but they aren't like this team. Championship expectations and losing the Finals is WAY different than championship expectations and not even making the new "play-in" IMO.''

But no matter how you look at it, both were disappointments.

Nobody taking that money and headache. And the Lakers don’t have enough assets to entice anyone to, I dont think.

Let them eat the money. Even stretching it tanks any real roster flexibility before Bron bolts.
Idk if you need to hitch assets to Russ to move him next year as an expiring imo. Clearing 47 the following season is a little enticing on its own

I read something about this the other day and totally forgot about the Kobe/Pau/Nash/D12 Lakers team. Surprisingly, they went 45-37 in an insane West where OKC won 60, SA (who swept them) won 58, Denver won 57 and both Memphis and LAC won 56!
we thought that team was the worst after the 2004 Lakers. never thought 2022 Lakers would take the crown. in spite of the win-loss record numbers say, atleast those 2 previous teams didn't get blown as bad and as frequent as this current squad. what made this current team worst is how the problem even went as far as firing and getting blames not just for the players, signing, coaching but also involving the upper management and owner. even if they still make the play-in tournament or make the 2nd round, it is still the worst unless and big "IF" they'll win the championship which right now is impossible.

So Paul and Kawhi coming back this season?

They’re three games above .500. With everything Lucy Goosey they could have a shot.

Love what I'm reading on this beautiful Saturday afternoon

So one of the worst Lakers teams in history is the one with:
the self proclaimed GOAT in Lebron
3 top 75 players of all time in Russ, AD, and Melo
1 should have been top 75 player in Dwight
2 NBA champs in Rondo and Ariza (also Laker legend IMO)

How sway?!?! I thot bron could lead any team to the finals?!?!?

Idk if you need to hitch assets to Russ to move him next year as an expiring imo. Clearing 47 the following season is a little enticing on its own
Even then, who’s got 47m’s worth of crummy salary they’re looking to clear?

That’s a tough swing.

I know people touted the signings at the time but highlighting Melo, Dwight, Rondo and Trevor Ariza as the reason why a basketball team isn’t successful in 2022 is wild to me.

Talking about them being Top 75, champions is etc is cool but they haven’t been THAT or at that level for ten years or more. Can’t act like in their current state they should be playing like their prime selves that earned those accolades.

Love what I'm reading on this beautiful Saturday afternoon

So one of the worst Lakers teams in history is the one with:
the self proclaimed GOAT in Lebron
3 top 75 players of all time in Russ, AD, and Melo
1 should have been top 75 player in Dwight
2 NBA champs in Rondo and Ariza (also Laker legend IMO)

How sway?!?! I thot bron could lead any team to the finals?!?!?
but Lebron can play 5 positions. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom