The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake was already an All NBA talent, if there was another level to reach, he would have gotten there. That's what all them types do, regardless

Ballsack but I can definitely see this being true seeing PJ and Caron reaction lol

2EF2C6F4-D101-4C54-9353-02449B7ADB18.jpeg

That and I think Blake Griffin said on JJ’s podcast that there were team chemistry issues with clashing egos
Wasn’t any one thing.

Didn’t have great luck with health. Either CP, Blake or both were injured for most of their playoff runs. 13-14 and 14-15 were the closest to fully health they ever were.

Never had a wing who could be counted on to consistently create his own shots. CP’s height makes it hard for him to be a closer and Blake’s offensive game was too limited for him to be that guy all the time.

Never had anyone who could be considered an elite wing defender.

Then the chemistry and ego problems kicked in after they failed a few times.

I’ll give Doc some credit. I would say CP3/Blake had the biggest part in it. But Doc went on a press run when he first got hired spreading the gospel.

Correct. CP3 consented to be traded there because of Blake's rookie season. If CP3 and Blake weren't there, Doc wouldn't have taken the job.

Doc never got Blake and CP3 further with the Clippers than Vinny DelNegro did.

Doc should run for congress. He has a knack for creating narratives to benefit himself.

doc traded himself to the clippers once they became a destination
mans had the nerve to try and bring kg there too

been telling yall, mans a scumbag

Doc wildn. Cp3 definitely put them on the map.

CP is the one who led them to breaking the playoff drought, though you can give Doc credit for helping keep them competitive after lob city ended.

But without David Stern, CP isn’t on the Clippers at all, and CP doesn’t seriously consider going to the Clippers if not for Blake.

All that to say, it’s been over a decade since the franchise has completely bottomed out. There were a lot of people involved in that & they should all be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom