The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hearing way too much about how Memphis will make a “deep run” in the Playoffs.
WCF?
TF.
With or without Ja, that’s ambitious.
Playoffs are not games in December or March/April where you still smash Mil and GSW type teams with your star (Ja) out on injury.

Those Men will lose to the Play in Champ and go home before it starts.

Respect the hell out of what they’ve done.
Which isn’t **** compared to WCF and Deep Runs.

Last time I saw this kind of hype for a Reg Season Goat squad was Atlanta when their whole starting 5 made the All Star game (Teague/Korver/Milsap squad) and then they got sent packing right away and Danny Ferry got hit in the head following Summer for his “he had a little African in him” comments about a Free Agent.

I want to see them succeed, but it’s not happening, that lack of Playoff Experience, yea man…soon.

Ro Parrish is a little weird but he's fine to me. People hated Stu back in the day for the same thing - the constant hip hop references they felt like was overdoing it. They said "corny" then like now. I'm fine with it because I'd rather see that than the countless 'other' anchors on sportscenter or tv generally that were making Michael Mcdonald references, completely unaware of black culture or just flat out misreporting what was being said, done or referenced by the players themselves.

One of the sportscenter anchors the other day used a biggie reference 100% wrong on either Wednesday or Thursday and you could just hear that he had no clue. I'll take Ro, his tiny self and his tinted glasses doing weird countdowns on his apartment balcony or whatever, over that all day. :lol:

I’m hearing way too much about how Memphis will make a “deep run” in the Playoffs.
WCF?
TF.
Playoffs are not games in December or March/April where you still smash Mil and GSW type teams with your star (Ja) out on injury.

Last time I saw this kind of hype for a Reg Season Goat squad was Atlanta when their whole starting 5 made the All Star game (Teague/Korver/Milsap squad) and then they got sent packing right away and Danny Ferry got hit in the head following Summer for his “he had a little African in him” comments about a Free Agent.
That Atlanta team didn’t get sent packing right away they went to the ECF that year. Yes they got swept by the Cavs in the ECF but they still got to there :lol:

That Atlanta team didn’t get sent packing right away they went to the ECF that year. Yes they got swept by the Cavs in the ECF but they still got to there :lol:
ECF?,
My memory fails me on how early they went, then.
This Memphis team is not making the WCF so I guess they’re different after all.
Feels like that team all over.
I forget the guys name that was an ATL fan.
Good poster, contributor….he never came back after the Ferry firing.
He’d had it.

WCF?
TF.

Experience matters any other year but with the injuries turned on it shouldn’t matter. They stay at 2 they get either LAC or MIN. LAC isnt a problem. Minnesota has even less experience.

Sure it would be tough to beat GSW but they haven’t looked like world beaters

And Ja is miles better than anyone on those Atlanta teams. He’s a legit superstar. Averaged 30 last season in the playoffs

It will be a shame if we don't get playoff Ja.
WOrst part of any Playoffs is watching the Chris Pauls and like get injured at critical points.
God Speed to him as well while on the subject.
Hopefully that hand is A1

Not necessarily a fan of a lot of the chirping Memphis does nightly but I appreciate the fact they play hard and are taking the reg. season serious. Similar to Boston they are fun to watch. Still think they are a year away from really making noise. I can’t trust Bane or JJJ quite yet til I see it

Not necessarily a fan of a lot of the chirping Memphis does nightly but I appreciate the fact they play hard and are taking the reg. season serious. Similar to Boston they are fun to watch. Still think they are a year away from really making noise. I can’t trust Bane or JJJ quite yet til I see it

Bane is the goods. MIP should be his. JJJ on the other hand is highly fraudulent but they just need him to be ‘alright’

any HOF without their jersey number retired by a particular team?
i feel jimmy going to be that type of player

TMac probably will be retired in the future with both Magic/rox if i had to bet
just noticed Grant Hill wasn't?
If sonics were around, GP, ray, would probably be up now.

Ro Parrish is a little weird but he's fine to me. People hated Stu back in the day for the same thing - the constant hip hop references they felt like was overdoing it. They said "corny" then like now. I'm fine with it because I'd rather see that than the countless 'other' anchors on sportscenter or tv generally that were making Michael Mcdonald references, completely unaware of black culture or just flat out misreporting what was being said, done or referenced by the players themselves.

One of the sportscenter anchors the other day used a biggie reference 100% wrong on either Wednesday or Thursday and you could just hear that he had no clue. I'll take Ro, his tiny self and his tinted glasses doing weird countdowns on his apartment balcony or whatever, over that all day. :lol:

Im black myself. Why are you trying to colorize this and compare him to these current ESPN/other millennial sportscasters? Dude be forcing the hell out of his hip hop references.

Who disliked Stu? Stu was wayyyyy more balanced in his approach. Nobody from the hood hated how stu did it.

Ro Parrish extra as heck.

“I love the way you activate your pass and push your pass out” like wtf bruh

Experience matters any other year but with the injuries turned on it shouldn’t matter. They stay at 2 they get either LAC or MIN. LAC isnt a problem. Minnesota has even less experience.

Sure it would be tough to beat GSW but they haven’t looked like world beaters

And Ja is miles better than anyone on those Atlanta teams. He’s a legit superstar. Averaged 30 last season in the playoffs
EYE personally have decided that playoff experience is less important than a lot of people make it out to be.

That was one of the reasons I doubted Phoenix last year and it wasn’t a problem for them.

Ro definitely can go overboard. It still doesn't bother me much though, because for literal decades I've gotten references to other people's cultures, songs, attitudes, dances, clothing and values. Forgive me if I don't mind not hearing that for a change :lol:

You're free to hate the guy. He's not my favorite but he's fine to me. I've just never seen anybody like "god, I can't bear Neil Everett and his "howsit" bs" every time he does a show. But maybe we can agree that Kenny Mayne took it too far and just overstayed his welcome by like 10 years :emoji_smile:

It's the same type of reference over and over and over in every ******* sentence though.
Like bro do you not know anything other than rap? How do you sneak a lyric into EVERYTHING you say!?
Imagine just trying to have a casual conversation with him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom