The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B Sox B Sox wildin
Screenshot_20220327-121702_Instagram.jpg

Kai probably gonna go crazy in his home debut later based of the hornets defense and how important the game is standings wise

Not necessarily a fan of a lot of the chirping Memphis does nightly but I appreciate the fact they play hard and are taking the reg. season serious. Similar to Boston they are fun to watch. Still think they are a year away from really making noise. I can’t trust Bane or JJJ quite yet til I see it
I Love the chirp from them.
Supreme Confidence I’m always a fan of, but that fall is long, and will create some real tears when that Big L hits. Adam Morrison tears.
The way they play, though, it’s what you do.
They play tip to final buzzer.

The fact they get one of the LA teams or NOP/Minny bodes well for them to advance, but I’d still take LAL in that Series, and I don’t think they are a lock to bet Wolves. That’s the rd1 matchup I want to see as long as Bev chills with the Goon knee shots.

Such a weird take especially when this is the same team most people had them barely cracking 41 wins this season and being in the play-in. :lol: Toronto was 17-5 without Kawhi, Warriors were 33-1 without KD? Is it that now to determine the MVP, you have to let the team play without their best player to see how good he really is? I don’t think Ja is the MVP this season, but the team performing well without him is not the reason.

The most interesting thing is how well the team is shooting. This is what was holding the Grizz back all season. Maybe, a guy like Melton is finally starting to get his shot back. If they continue shooting like this with Ja, it’s going to be trouble.

Such a weird take especially when this is the same team most people had them barely cracking 41 wins this season and being in the play-in. :lol: Toronto was 17-5 without Kawhi, Warriors were 33-1 without KD? Is it that now to determine the MVP, you have to let the team play without their best player to see how good he really is? I don’t think Ja is the MVP this season, but the team performing well without him is not the reason.

The most interesting thing is how well the team is shooting. This is what was holding the Grizz back all season. Maybe, a guy like Melton is finally starting to get his shot back. If they continue shooting like this with Ja, it’s going to be trouble.

Everything tells you Steph was the driving force with the KD warriors. So that ain’t like the others.

But yeah…this really is dumb. I was trying to tell y’all that this is where the basketball discourse was heading. When the heliocentric big stat guys were getting praise for “carrying teams” and losing. And the idea of TEAM basketball, building and winning was looked down upon, and teams playing well without their star payer…or their star player not going crazy….was used to discredit how good a player really is.

It’s dumb. But this will be Ja’s “backlash” as of now. Everybody gets it. Smh

The same media guys calling this out also thought Big Val was the reason for the Grizz success and losing him would cause regression.

It’s also the same media guys who say Memphis doesn’t have another all star caliber player outside of Ja, which IMO contradicts hyping up how good the team is without him :lol:.

I'm taking Sprewell, I know he'll actually put hands on someone instead of pretending he will like Jimmy

Plus he's a family man, he's got mouths to feed
well, he followed David Caruso's career after NYPD BLUE. atleast David revived his career while Sprewell is still trying to find ways to feed those mouths.

Warrior being 33-1 w/o KD was a bad example :lol:

They had a roster that won 73 games before KD ever suited up for them.
and they lost the Finals to a mediocre Cavs team. they even almost lost several times in the playoffs. not impressive at all.

This is exactly what I was talking about the other day. They want the award to go to the guy who has the "worst" support. Meh, not the way it should be awarded

SVG is better than that
Has it been historically awarded that way though?

I dont think it has and between Joker, Embiid and Giannis it won't be awarded that way this year either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom