The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been historically awarded that way though?

I dont think it has and between Joker, Embiid and Giannis it won't be awarded that way this year either
I don't know but that's not my point. I am referring to the perspective of SVG and I've seen that same sentiment from fans etc.

Ja shouldn't win it but the reason shouldn't be because his team is winning without him

SVG has put out a number of trash/semi-trash takes on Twitter. Makes me wonder if he’s trolling at least some of the time on there.

I don't know but that's not my point. I am referring to the perspective of SVG and I've seen that same sentiment from fans etc.

Ja shouldn't win it but the reason shouldn't be because his team is winning without him
Yeah I feel you on that but just don't think much of SVG of others random takes if it doesn't actually effect the MVP voting. Just media fodder like the DBook talk the last few days

By SVG's logic if the MVP vote went his way Steph would have won last year but he didn't so I don't put too much into it
9zy7x0_th (2).png

But overall I agree Ja's impact shouldn't be diminished because he's on a good/great team

idk I've always thought SVG was a cut above in the tiers of media/voices

but yeah ultimately it doesn't matter what anyone thinks but the voters

I guess I'm just going against the general notion which is what we do here on every other topic that nobody has influence over either hehe

Maybe if the grizzlies were like 3-1 without Ja. But it's gonna be about 30 games and the grizz might be at .800 or better without him. I don't understand how that can be ignored. By definition he wouldn’t be that valuable. Can they win a championship without him? No. But it's a regular season award and they clearly don't need him to still be dominant in the regular season

Bron really gonna push for the play in knowing you gonna get humiliated with a sweep by the Suns? Aint it better to just take the L and not even make it at this point. :lol:

I remember arguing with a friend IRL that AD has simply been too injury prone to be a reliable franchise guy before he ever went to the Lakers. Has nothing to do with his talent. Reminds me of Julio with the Falcons. Dude was good for maybe 11 games a year on average.

I agree with Stan.

This doesn’t really matter tho. Ja’s not in contention ahead of the bigs anyways. He’s not even ahead of Luka IMO.

Should the MVP be the player with the best year period as opposed to the most “valuable” to his team?

Or is this just semantics.

I never used the word semantics in a sentence in my life so I figured now would be my only chance to. I feel smart af. :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom