The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storytelling in sports should be in documentary format only. No dramatizations this isn't Channel ID

Need that episode of The Shop went LeBron discussing this ****show of a season. Also need insights on the thought process of the Russell Westbrook trade.

I still have to watch Winning Time, but this will forever be the greatest sports drama for me...

Playmakers.PNG

2nd place...
hang_time_241x208.jpg

The tones of the shows are a bit different though

Vitti was in episode 2 as an extra in a scene. :lol:

With that crazy wig on :rofl::rofl:

I still want to know why the show is so campy and cartoonish. They could have toned all of that down and had a much better show, but I'm still watching every week.

John C Reilly is too good as Jerry Buss.

And I never heard that Chick Hearn was any type of racist but that show definitely portrays him as one.

Storytelling in sports should be in documentary format only. No dramatizations this isn't Channel ID

The series biopic thing works really well in none sports settings. The people vs oj, assassination of gianni, come to mind. Sports? Not so much.

So hard to cross real life sport events with acting. Actors aren’t athletes and vice versa

Glad Lebron is shutting it down. Even his supporters would have had a hard time defending him if he came back. Let THT rock out and get his trade value up lol

With that crazy wig on :rofl::rofl:

I still want to know why the show is so campy and cartoonish. They could have toned all of that down and had a much better show, but I'm still watching every week.

John C Reilly is too good as Jerry Buss.

And I never heard that Chick Hearn was any type of racist but that show definitely portrays him as one.
A cartoonish 80s film isn't out of the ordinary. Probably did so to match the "Showtime" era.

What makes you say they're portraying Chick as racist? I must've missed something.

The Lakers show is mid at best, I couldn't get past the second episode

Don't see the point in watching the dramatized version of events

Now something that's mostly fiction like Playmakers or Friday Night Lights, sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom