The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol imagine not knowing how scoring averages work

If he sits out next two games. His average goes down to 29.7
giphy.gif

I don't see anyone in the foreseeable future being able to join this club

Giannis has the 2000 points down and been close to 500 assists a few times and somewhat close to 1000 rebounds but I doubt he's ever gonna be in a role where he's racking up assist numbers again. He's trending away from that quite clearly

Luka I feel can easily get 2000 points and he's already been well over 500 assists multiple times but the rebounds he's not even been close

Jokic is an alien brah

Edit: Westbrook's few years of historic stat padding was also truly remarkable. Multiple 800 assist seasons with 2000 points

You cannot lower your average if you don’t play, right? What parts are you not getting? Hell olay against a perceived bad team and go for 40. Heba donna like that.

THT had 40 pts!? Wow! :nerd::lol:
What happens is that the scoring title is taken at a minimum of 58 games played. He has played 56. To be eligible for the scoring title, they will take the total points scored and divide it by 58. If that number for him is still higher than the next highest they will give him the scoring title.

So…his overall average won’t go down on nba.com but he won’t be qualified for the scoring title UNLESS they take his total points and divide it by 58.

So If he played 25 games and averaged 100 points per game. He would have 2500 points. If he never played again, they would take 2500, divided by 58 and this would bring his average for scoring title consideration down to 43 points a game (2500/58). If this is higher than the next highest total, he gets the scoring title even if he didn’t play all 58 games.

It’s a little loophole in the system.

I don't see anyone in the foreseeable future being able to join this club

Giannis has the 2000 points down and been close to 500 assists a few times and somewhat close to 1000 rebounds but I doubt he's ever gonna be in a role where he's racking up assist numbers again. He's trending away from that quite clearly

Luka I feel can easily get 2000 points and he's already been well over 500 assists multiple times but the rebounds he's not even been close

Jokic is an alien brah

Edit: Westbrook's few years of historic stat padding was also truly remarkable. Multiple 800 assist seasons with 2000 points
When they ship off D-Lo and make Towns the half court facilitator . He might have a chance .

Storytelling in sports should be in documentary format only. No dramatizations this isn't Channel ID

So some of the greatest sports movies of all time shouldn't have been made (Rudy, Moneyball, Remember the Titans, Friday night lights)? Why?

Interesting that people are so sensitive about the portrayal of athletes in films/TV but don't care about are there public figures are portrayed. You think of Elizabeth Holmes signed off on her portrayal in the Dropout? You think Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson signed off on their portrayal in that Hulu series?

Other real events and real people can be presented in a dramatized/fictionalized way but not athletes/sports?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom