The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawg all the smoke was given out yesterday in the playoff thread, I was waiting for y’all Boston fans to respond. The rudy love came outta nowhere lmao
Goober is a very good rim protector. Would be stupid to deny that. He never has the task of defending the opposing team's best players, on an island. He's not a switchable big like Draymond/Bam/Timelord/JJJ. Hell even 45 year old Al Horford is out there switching on dudes like KD and making things tough. EYE just feel like that should hold more weight. Especially with how the game is played now.

QbadP (3).png

Bron gotta be trolling co-signing that nonsense
TMac dead damn wrong too, not just for the lie but the extra hyperbole on top
"Not touching". Cmon son

Bron gotta be trolling co-signing that nonsense
TMac dead damn wrong too, not just for the lie but the extra hyperbole on top
"Not touching". Cmon son

nonsense? while lebron & wade were better complete players, arguably both dwade & lbj were more imposing at their peak than either durant & irvin have been…but in terms of offensive skill, shot making, & what each players has in their ‘bag’ to be able to improvise it isn’t hyperbole to say kd & kyrie are on another level compared in terms of their skill(s)

I really wish we would expand the skill conversation
Because there's more to basketball skill than visually pleasing shots
Because rebounding, passing and defense are all skills
Skills Kyrie doesn't even have
KD's got it all but yea this 'skill' convo always seems to ignore every other non-scoring aspect :lol:

Offensively yes but I wouldn't take them over LeWade or Mike and Scottie in terms of all-around skill/mastery

KD's got it all but yea this 'skill' convo always seems to ignore every other non-scoring aspect :lol:

Offensively yes but I wouldn't take them over LeWade or Mike and Scottie in terms of all-around skill.
It’s similar to how a lot of people seem to limit the concept of athleticism to just speed and jumping ability, when there’s actually a lot more to it than just those things.

I really wish we would expand the skill conversation
Because there's more to basketball skill than visually pleasing shots
Because rebounding, passing and defense are all skills
Skills Kyrie doesn't even have

valid, but i think for the purposes of most discourse on the topic of ‘skill’ it is understood as ability on the offense end to create offensive opportunities unstructured; passing included. as such i would think that is why the distinction of being ‘skilled’ has become more popular versus being a great player given the expansion of what is allowed both explicitly & interpretatively via the rules & how the game has changed.

for whatever reason, rebounding & defense are seen as more one’s athleticism meeting effort & intelligence/intuition rather than skill per se; but i’d agree that many things get overlooked in the skills conversation.

It’s similar to how a lot of people seem to limit the concept of athleticism to just speed and jumping ability, when there’s actually a lot more to it than just those things.

also valid, it just so happens to be that twitchy things like jumping & speed are the ones that stand out the most

valid, but i think for the purposes of most discourse on the topic of ‘skill’ it is understood as ability on the offense end to create offensive opportunities unstructured; passing included. as such i would think that is why the distinction of being ‘skilled’ has become more popular versus being a great player given the expansion of what is allowed both explicitly & interpretatively via the rules & how the game has changed.

for whatever reason, rebounding & defense are seen as more one’s athleticism meeting effort & intelligence/intuition rather than skill per se; but i’d agree that many things get overlooked in the skills conversation.

also valid, it just so happens to be that twitchy things like jumping & speed are the ones that stand out the most

Rebounding is most certainly viewed as a skill that doesn't necessarily require elite run/jump ability. No one has ever called Kevin Love, Jokic, Gobert, Sabonis, etc. athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom