The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebounding is most certainly viewed as a skill that doesn't necessarily require elite run/jump ability. No one has ever called Kevin Love, Jokic, Gobert, Sabonis, etc. athletic.

i can see that but to make the point that athleticism is more than being elite at the obvious, having the coordination to put yourself in proper position or knowing how to use your body, judging space in relation to the ball, footwork, so while those guys may not have the eye popping attributes the things they are good at just entail a different type of ability

What makes kyrie and kd more skilled than steph and kd? Srs

🤔 good question, i would say they are basically even…altho i think kyrie is a better isolation player & steph is better off/without the ball. also maybe kyrie is a better finisher around the rim but steph is probably underrated in that aspect so the difference there isn’t crazy large there, at least off my observation

To be the greatest player to ever play in the NBA and still have the humility to say this...tells you a lot about his character.
It’s a troll…Bron beat Durant and made him cry. Kyrie hasn’t won anything without Bron.

“They are 2 of the most skilled players of ALL-TIME but they are not me

Just facts

It’s a troll…Bron beat Durant and made him cry. Kyrie hasn’t won anything without Bron.

“They are 2 of the most skilled players of ALL-TIME but they are not me

Just facts

Pretty sure erupt legit thinks Bron is the GOAT

Kyrie is the best ball handler I’ve ever seen - and clearly has a deep offensive game.

KD's got it all but yea this 'skill' convo always seems to ignore every other non-scoring aspect :lol:

Offensively yes but I wouldn't take them over LeWade or Mike and Scottie in terms of all-around skill/mastery

Yep, I would add Magic and Kareem (never mind Worthy etc) and Bird and McHale too.

They’re both clearly very gifted players - but they don’t have the complete package IMO.

kyrie is organic
from the errth

EPIC MOVIE GIFS — “Weed comes from tha' earth.” - Friday - 1995

I think when people refer to skilled in this case, its offensive game. Kyrie is a more skilled scorer overall, Steph a better shooter of course.

If you wanna say what about Stephs off ball movement etc, yeah thats skill but thats not “exciting” or “cool” to talk about. Whats cool? Whatever Kyrie does to shake his defender and get to the rim, etc.

That take by TMac isnt so far fetched.

I think when people refer to skilled in this case, its offensive game. Kyrie is a more skilled scorer overall, Steph a better shooter of course.

If you wanna say what about Stephs off ball movement etc, yeah thats skill but thats not “exciting” or “cool” to talk about. Whats cool? Whatever Kyrie does to shake his defender and get to the rim, etc.

That take by TMac isnt so far fetched.

So then it's not skill but aesthetic. Cool. Because certainly neither of them are the most skilled ever. Not even close

So then it's not skill but aesthetic. Cool. Because certainly neither of them are the most skilled ever. Not even close

What? :lol: Not aesthetic. The moves Kyrie does to shake defenders, create space, get in the lane - thats the first things people think about when they debate how he is more skilled than Steph.

Whos a more skilled guard than Kyrie?

What? :lol: Not aesthetic. The moves Kyrie does to shake defenders, create space, get in the lane - thats the first things people think about when they debate how he is more skilled than Steph.

It's 100% aesthetic. Because Steph (and others) shakes defenders, create space, and get in the lane too don't they?

****...De'Aaron Fox's entire game revolves around those things :lol:

You just like the WAY Kyrie does it more.

That is literally, aesthetic. All those moves result in less production and less wins than Steph, not to mention scoring is not the only offensive skill. Kyrie puts on a great show but so does CJ McCollum. Baron Davis could do all of these things. Why is Kyrie more skilled than Steve Nash?

Myrie got triple threat, shooting, handle, finesse, post game, 2 dribble pull up, off the dribble 3, catch and shoot 3, left hand finishing

With that said he isn’t better than Steph but EYE don’t think there are as many players ever that check off that many offensive boxes. Again. Doesn’t mean he’s the best ever

Myrie got triple threat, shooting, handle, finesse, post game, 2 dribble pull up, off the dribble 3, catch and shoot 3, left hand finishing

With that said he isn’t better than Steph but EYE don’t think there are as many players ever that check off that many offensive boxes. Again. Doesn’t mean he’s the best ever

He'd be exponentially more effective with these if he passed...or played without the rock. If you say he's one of the most gifted scorers ever, I agree. If you're saying he's the most skilled offensive player ever, you're on water

It's 100% aesthetic. Because Steph (and others) shakes defenders, create space, and get in the lane too don't they?

****...De'Aaron Fox's entire game revolves around those things :lol:

You just like the WAY Kyrie does it more.

Point is, Kyrie does it better than them.

Im not even a huge Ky fan but man is a wizard with the ball.

Personally, as part of team shifty I love how aesthetically McCollum gets his shot. :lol:

He'd be exponentially more effective with these if he passed...or played without the rock. If you say he's one of the most gifted scorers ever, I agree. If you're saying he's the most skilled offensive player ever, you're on water

He can pass. Whether he chooses not to is a different question. Run him off a mid range pin downs and he scores. Run him off Iverson cuts and he scores.

He played off harden last year. He plays a lot off the ball and they let KD run the offense.

That is literally, aesthetic. All those moves result in less production and less wins than Steph, not to mention scoring is not the only offensive skill. Kyrie puts on a great show but so does CJ McCollum. Baron Davis could do all of these things. Why is Kyrie more skilled than Steve Nash?

Literally just mentioned McCollum too. :lol: I like how he gets his shot, he captain of team shifty.

But like other dude said, Kyrie checks off more boxes than anyone in the offensive repertoire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom