The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been calling for Donovan to Toronto. Let Rudy stay in Utah

Any of FVV, OG, Trent, Precious for Donovan and whomever else
While he’d fit in offensively, you have to be able to play some semblance of d in order to play for Nurse. I just don’t see it happening.

While he’d fit in offensively, you have to be able to play some semblance of d in order to play for Nurse. I just don’t see it happening.
Trent doesn't play any defense

Donovan would just replace that weak link but provide the supposed offensive creativity that they're lacking

Trent doesn't play any defense

Donovan would just replace that weak link but provide the supposed offensive creativity that they're lacking
He isn’t the strongest or most athletic but he’s become one of those pesky defenders that are aggressive with his hands. He’s gotten a boatload of steals this year.

Other fans might not agree with this but if anyone is traded I think it would be Fred. He’s older and due for a bigger contract than the team might be willing to pay and he doesn’t fit the long term vision of switchable 6’8”-6-10” players. He doesn’t strike me as the type to give a discount either.

is DON that bad in defense? I think he's decent although he needs to push himself more in that department.

is DON that bad in defense? I think he's decent although he needs to push himself more in that department.
It’s weird because I believe that was one of his strengths coming into the draft but he hasn’t really shown it since

He isn’t the strongest or most athletic but he’s become one of those pesky defenders that are aggressive with his hands. He’s gotten a boatload of steals this year.

Other fans might not agree with this but if anyone is traded I think it would be Fred. He’s older and due for a bigger contract than the team might be willing to pay and he doesn’t fit the long term vision of switchable 6’8”-6-10” players. He doesn’t strike me as the type to give a discount either.
idk, it's just that Trent was noticeably bad on defense this Playoff

Even still, Donovan is still top 20 in steals

This Playoff: Trent got 6 steals in 6 games to Donovan's 4 steals in 6 games

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all if FVV is traded. Like I said, any of FVV, OG and Trent

I think OG also has a shot at being moved being that there's Barnes/Siakam

idk, it's just that Trent was noticeably bad on defense this Playoff

Even still, Donovan is still top 20 in steals

This Playoff: Trent got 6 steals in 6 games to Donovan's 4 steals in 6 games

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all if FVV is traded. Like I said, any of FVV, OG and Trent

I think OG also has a shot at being moved being that there's Barnes/Siakam
Trent was sick the first 3 games of the series so I’m cutting him a little slack there. Game 4 onwards he did a markedly better job on guys like Maxey. Harden was cooking him game 6 though I was hoping he’d be subbed out for a bigger defender.

As far as OG I think he’s the perfect running mate beside Barnes and Siakam tbh. Great defender able to knock down the 3 when it’s kicked out to him. I think long term the vision is Barnes at the pg with OG, Siakam and Precious in the front court.

It’s weird because I believe that was one of his strengths coming into the draft but he hasn’t really shown it since
I believe he is slacking off in defense to get better on offense. although it's either it has something to do with his previous injury or his peak seems to be dwindling down. after that series against the Clippers last year, it looked like he was hobbling and lost some explosiveness the following seasons.

if spida isnt tuned in, and the vets there arent buying in

maybe snyder has lost the lockerroom
it does appear that way but wasn't this already a concern before like when the Covid issue started? there was seem to be bad blood between DON and Gobert. then Snyder is just a meh coach.

it does appear that way but wasn't this already a concern before like when the Covid issue started? there was seem to be bad blood between DON and Gobert. then Snyder is just a meh coach.
thinking about it, why not buy in on Nick Nurse to come to Utah instead?

Trent was sick the first 3 games of the series so I’m cutting him a little slack there. Game 4 onwards he did a markedly better job on guys like Maxey. Harden was cooking him game 6 though I was hoping he’d be subbed out for a bigger defender.

As far as OG I think he’s the perfect running mate beside Barnes and Siakam tbh. Great defender able to knock down the 3 when it’s kicked out to him. I think long term the vision is Barnes at the pg with OG, Siakam and Precious in the front court.
As the long term picture goes, they're gonna have to find a real center, right?

Unless Barnes can really play full time point guard, those 3, as good as they are, are redundant and leaves a hole in the paint

I have been the biggest OG fan on NT.. but idk if that's a feasible core long term. Especially if Embiid continues to exist

As the long term picture goes, they're gonna have to find a real center, right?

Unless Barnes can really play full time point guard, those 3, as good as they are, are redundant and leaves a hole in the paint

I have been the biggest OG fan on NT.. but idk if that's a feasible core long term. Especially if Embiid continues to exist
Honestly unless there’s a 7 footer out there able to shoot the ball and switch onto guards on the perimeter they’re going to stick with their long term vision of having 5 skilled 6’9”ish guys out on the floor at all times. They’ve actually had a lot of success defending the likes of Jokic and Embiid this way. The issues are the depth on the team and the outside shooting has a tendency to run either really hot or really cold.

Honestly unless there’s a 7 footer out there able to shoot the ball and switch onto guards on the perimeter they’re going to stick with their long term vision of having 5 skilled 6’9”ish guys out on the floor at all times. They’ve actually had a lot of success defending the likes of Jokic and Embiid this way. The issues are the depth on the team and the outside shooting has a tendency to run either really hot or really cold.
That'll be interesting to follow, whatever Masai decides I'm sure it'll work out

I still feel they need someone who can create outside of FVV and Siakam.. In addition to their cold shooting, they really don't have a player who can break down a defender 1 v 1 in the half court

I feel like Masai will do at least a mini shake up to address this and the shooting

That'll be interesting to follow, whatever Masai decides I'm sure it'll work out

I still feel they need someone who can create outside of FVV and Siakam.. In addition to their cold shooting, they really don't have a player who can break down a defender 1 v 1 in the half court

I feel like Masai will do at least a mini shake up to address this and the shooting
An athletic scoring wing has been on my want list for a while now.

I think they’re banking on Barnes becoming that go to guy though. His vision is excellent and his post game is a lot more advanced than I expected in year one. He started taking over the reins as the main ballhandler from Fred after the all star break and I’m expecting that to continue next year. If he can at least knock down 3s from the corners at a respectable rate then they’ll be an improved team. Really is a shame he got injured game 1 because he looked like the only one the moment wasn’t too big for.

An athletic scoring wing has been on my want list for a while now.

I think they’re banking on Barnes becoming that go to guy though. His vision is excellent and his post game is a lot more advanced than I expected in year one. He started taking over the reins as the main ballhandler from Fred after the all star break and I’m expecting that to continue next year. If he can at least knock down 3s from the corners at a respectable rate then they’ll be an improved team. Really is a shame he got injured game 1 because he looked like the only one the moment wasn’t too big for.
I don't know if Barnes is that guy though. He's got All-Star potential for sure but idk if he's that break you down isolation scorer you need in the Playoffs. I feel like he's from similar cloth of FVV/Siakam where he's an elite support skill set

I'm also a Barnes fan too. Don't let osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh read your post either

Mike Muscula

I don't know if Barnes is that guy though. He's got All-Star potential for sure but idk if he's that break you down isolation scorer you need in the Playoffs. I feel like he's from similar cloth of FVV/Siakam where he's an elite support skill set

I'm also a Barnes fan too. Don't let osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh read your post either
I don’t think he will be in the traditional sense but more so in the Giannis archetype. He isn’t quite the athletic freak but his vision, post game and overall bball iq are already ahead of where Giannis was at this point. Outside of his jumper the biggest thing he has to improve is that he’s almost too unselfish to a fault.

I don’t think he will be in the traditional sense but more so in the Giannis archetype. He isn’t quite the athletic freak but his vision, post game and overall bball iq are already ahead of where Giannis was at this point. Outside of his jumper the biggest thing he has to improve is that he’s almost too unselfish to a fault.
I just think it's difficult to compare anyone to a Giannis. Dude is just a 1 of 1

I think Barnes gonna have to level up his dribble package something fierce. He does have a bit there, some sauce peaking through but yeah it's gonna need to take a significant leap imo

Just stop, Rudy

Just stop, Donovan

You both hate each other. It's ok. You're both not good enough to be beefing like you have been but it's past that point now

Just stop

Both of you demand a trade

Nobody will judge you

Nobody will care

We would like you to go ahead and move on from him. We get it. We understand. Nobody is mad or upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom