The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
itll be an expiring contract

rust for d'lo/beasley and a young player/draft pick could be made if the wolves really want to get out from beasleys money
You really think in that scenario it’s the TWolves adding a player and pick? :lol: Nah.

I don’t know what his market even looks like or what his return might be.

But if they would take Tim, Bertans, Powell and a couple picks for like Gobert and Juancho… you out?

God I hate that contract, though.
Gawd. I feel like from a b-ball perspective, Luka should be able to get that roster to the Finals

But then from a b-ball perspective I'm like, you can get less but adequate production at center from someone else and save that money for more wing players

I don't think you need to lock yourself into Rudy for 4 years, like you're not desperate are you? Because imo that's a drastic move based on his contract

Anyone getting paid that much for that long you have to be absolutely sure it's a homerun

Gawd. I feel like from a b-ball perspective, Luka should be able to get that roster to the Finals

But then from a b-ball perspective I'm like, you can get less but adequate production at center from someone else and save that money for more wing players

I don't think you need to lock yourself into Rudy for 4 years, like you're not desperate are you? Because imo that's a drastic move based on his contract

Anyone getting paid that much for that long you have to be absolutely sure it's a homerun
I don’t hate the idea of turbo-charged Dwight Powell that can play elite back-end defense and rebound at an elite level.

But god the money. I think I’d actually be pissed if we threw draft capital into the deal. The money is just so prohibitive.

Not that Rudy is great, but I dont have a problem with what Gobert is saying. Donovan is trending downwards.

I don’t hate the idea of turbo-charged Dwight Powell that can play elite back-end defense and rebound at an elite level.

But god the money. I think I’d actually be pissed if we threw draft capital into the deal. The money is just so prohibitive.
I should re-word my post because I don't think Dallas can just use that supposed money elsewhere. They are cap strapped currently and if they lose Brunson they cannot replace him with anything

But still, locking yourself into 4 years of 40+ million per... that's crazy

I know Luka would make him into a God... but something about it still scares me

I haven’t thought enough about what we could get back

He’s owed $31M for next season, final year of the deal

If you read the article it’s not coming from the Timberwolves brass, it’s what other GM’s are anticipating Minnesota will do. It could be that there’s nothing to the rumor if it’s others speculating, not the Wolves specifically

As always, it entirely depends on what you get, you can’t just have an opinion on moving a player without it

***** here with Rust, no one wants that problem

I should re-word my post because I don't think Dallas can just use that supposed money elsewhere. They are cap strapped currently and if they lose Brunson they cannot replace him with anything

But still, locking yourself into 4 years of 40+ million per... that's crazy

I know Luka would make him into a God... but something about it still scares me
I think regardless of what Brunson gets paid, if they can keep him he’s stilling moveable later.

DFS and Bullock are on great deals. Maxi’s partial is still a piece that could be moved. I don’t think Dinwiddie’s deal is dead money. So they’d still have some flexibility if something bigger came up later.

I just don’t know if I’d go further than what I posted above and I don’t know if that gets it done. I’d be hesitant to include Spence or Bullock. Wouldn’t touch Dorian here.

But yeah, I get what you’re saying. I don’t love locking into Gobert, but it is unquestionably pretty comfortably better on the court immediately at the right price.

I would guess Austin is the long-term goal.

The soccer club there has been selling tickets like crazy. City is exploding. Matter of time before they get a baseball or basketball team.

I think regardless of what Brunson gets paid, if they can keep him he’s stilling moveable later.

DFS and Bullock are on great deals. Maxi’s partial is still a piece that could be moved. I don’t think Dinwiddie’s deal is dead money. So they’d still have some flexibility if something bigger came up later.

I just don’t know if I’d go further than what I posted above and I don’t know if that gets it done. I’d be hesitant to include Spence or Bullock. Wouldn’t touch Dorian here.

But yeah, I get what you’re saying. I don’t love locking into Gobert, but it is unquestionably pretty comfortably better on the court immediately at the right price.
You absolutely overpay to keep brunson because if he leaves they have no money at all to sign anyone

They have no choice but to pay him top dollar and more

Wolves probably move DLo. But it’s honestly not the right move.

Maybe a few guys in the league that fit his trade value, talent plus also fill a team need. If they could get them, then sure. But he did a ton this year to help the team overachieve. Same as he did in Brooklyn.

You sit with the last year of the deal, then re-up at 50-60% of his current deal which is probably where it sits, build the places where you really need with someone more expendable like Malik Beasley / Naz Reid.

Because the alternative of McLaughlin and Pat Bev as the PG would be super rough. And likely creates a carousel of changing parts every year that makes team building and hitting those next levels hard.

Wolves probably move DLo. But it’s honestly not the right move.

Maybe a few guys in the league that fit his trade value, talent plus also fill a team need. If they could get them, then sure. But he did a ton this year to help the team overachieve. Same as he did in Brooklyn.

You sit with the last year, then re-up at 50-60% of his current deal, build the places where you really need with someone more expendable like Malik Beasley / Naz Reid.

Because the alternative of McLaughlin and Pat Bev as the PG would be super rough. And likely creates a carousel of changing parts every year that makes building the team hard.
Russ for D’lo. Bring that mentality to wolves to get them over the top

You absolutely overpay to keep brunson because if he leaves they have no money at all to sign anyone

They have no choice but to pay him top dollar and more
What’s his max?

Cuz that’s probably close to what it costs by the end of this.

Do you want DLo? What is your max overall contract

They can’t offer much of anything that makes the Wolves better.
Any deal to the Lakers would need to be for Westbrook to make the $ work.
Otherwise Kendrick Nunn and THT if it was a 3 team.

Five years-$175M is Brunson's max with the Mavs. His max from another team is four years-$130M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom