The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought it was a given that he'd opt out to sign and bigger deal. isn't this similiar to what kawhi did?

I love Beal, but where does that team even go paying him $45M+ as they are currently constructed?

They go to having a 14% chance of winning the lottery
1655868300114.png

You think they’ll be in Knicks 37-45 territory and eyeing a double digit pick next year?

Yes. They’ll be exactly where we are right now.

They went 35-47 this year. Pretty much the same. :lol:

Not bad enough to acquire top talent in the draft. But not good enough to make the playoffs.

The worst position in all of sports.

I felt bad for KD, Russ, Harden and Ibaka but. I like most of the team but

the-wire-michael-k-williams.gif

Not on my watch mane

This is definitely a hot take.

But I think if the franchise stayed in Seattle they would have won a chip.

Sonics would have paid that luxury tax to keep them together. Whoever the owner was.

This is definitely a hot take.

But I think if the franchise stayed in Seattle they would have won a chip.

Sonics would have paid that luxury tax to keep them together. Whoever the owner was.
It was former chairman/CEO of Starbucks at the time, Schultz. And I would say he probably wouldn't have sadly :lol:

His whole tenure was a mess. Part of the reason he ran from the grind and sold the team

It was former chairman/CEO of Starbucks at the time, Schultz. And I would say he probably wouldn't have sadly :lol:

His whole tenure was a mess. Part of the reason he ran from the grind and sold the team

They would have stayed if they found a new “local”owner tho right? Hypothetically.

I know Starbucks guy was a mess. But just imagine if it was Balmer or some other tech guy during the time.

They’re paying that tax. Especially if the team goes to finals - while the core is all under 23.

Anyway tho..

1655871249713.gif

They would have stayed if they found a new “local”owner tho right? Hypothetically.

I know Starbucks guy was a mess. But just imagine if it was Balmer or some other tech guy during the time.

They’re paying that tax. Especially if the team goes to finals - while the core is all under 23.

Anyway tho..

1655871249713.gif
Chris Hansen was the guy for that job. Just came around a handful of years too late
sadcam.png

I guess I'll enjoy OKC being asset merchants for the time being

Will he be owner if you get the expansion franchise?
Naw he was the one pushing to buy the Kings at the time and had property to build an arena downtown but after that failed and the city/port played him on some logistics that killed his chance to entice even an expansion move.

Tod Leiweke, Bonderman and his crew (who run the ownership of the Kraken) will have the position power whenever expansion comes up since they have the newly arena already operational

just listened to the most recent episode of the lowe post with steve kerr. what he said about steph’s willingness to come off the bench in the first round while poole was cookin that series means this run is far from over.

steph probably sits 20+ games next year while JP shines and get more seasoned only to enter the playoffs well rested compared to others. this team is glorious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom