The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. They’ll be exactly where we are right now.

They went 35-47 this year. Pretty much the same. :lol:

Not bad enough to acquire top talent in the draft. But not good enough to make the playoffs.

The worst position in all of sports.

:wow: I had no clue they won 35 games this year. I think taking on Kristaps makes them worse over the next two years, though. Imagine committing $75MM+ per year to Beal and Porzingis. VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL deserves better.

It was former chairman/CEO of Starbucks at the time, Schultz. And I would say he probably wouldn't have sadly :lol:

His whole tenure was a mess. Part of the reason he ran from the grind and sold the team

No way was Schultz going to pay that tax. One of my mentors was deep in the Seattle scene. We were at dinner one time and after a couple glasses of wine and whiskey I asked him if he knew Schultz and he said “That cheap son of a *****?”

So Schultz is a “rise and grind (no pun intended)” type of guy and would hold important meetings at the OG SBux at Pike Place early in the morning before it opened. The way the story was told to me was that he and another top executive went to meet with him and Schultz made them pay for their coffees. Like they ordered and walked away and the barista said “Excuse me, that was $XX.XX” and later Schultz started talking about how he thinks that it is fair for his employees, especially accommodating the early hours, and his employees are best for his company :wow:

If you make someone on a presidential council pay $7 for his espresso at 5AM then you damb sure aren’t paying the luxury tax :lol:

289415458_1503665886739581_1007402163957453620_n.jpg

:wow: I had no clue they won 35 games this year. I think taking on Kristaps makes them worse over the next two years, though. Imagine committing $75MM+ per year to Beal and Porzingis. VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL deserves better.

No way was Schultz going to pay that tax. One of my mentors was deep in the Seattle scene. We were at dinner one time and after a couple glasses of wine and whiskey I asked him if he knew Schultz and he said “That cheap son of a *****?”

So Schultz is a “rise and grind (no pun intended)” type of guy and would hold important meetings at the OG SBux at Pike Place early in the morning before it opened. The way the story was told to me was that he and another top executive went to meet with him and Schultz made them pay for their coffees. Like they ordered and walked away and the barista said “Excuse me, that was $XX.XX” and later Schultz started talking about how he thinks that it is fair for his employees, especially accommodating the early hours, and his employees are best for his company :wow:

If you make someone on a presidential council pay $7 for his espresso at 5AM then you damb sure aren’t paying the luxury tax :lol:
Why all the hate for Porzingas. The only thing he has shown is that he can’t hold up in a run’n’gun offense.. similar to Yao Ming

So did Bradley Beal decline his option or not? Been reported he did, thus becoming a UFA, but he tweeted a kind of cryptic tweet like "wait huh lol" or something.

In a move that suprised nobody, John Wall has exercised his 47 million dollar option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom