The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben have a trade kicker clause in his contract? Even if he sits out I wonder if he can get that money back.

I was at the beach 5X a week during the Summers when I was in junior high. A lot of body surfing.
This you and Mrs. Lawdog back in the 60s?

#my gifs from the calla lilies are in bloom again

Since KD is the supposed best player in the league why is everyone not pushing for KD to lead the vaccine charge?

I fail to see your point, or understand your position.

What alternative are you proposing?

There is an option to the way the majority of modern society lives.

An individual can acquire land build their own shelter. On this land they can farm and raise livestock. The individual can also make their own clothing and tools. They can collect rain/ground water and treat it to make potable.

The issue is that most people cannot afford to do this, or choose simply to engage in the greater economy, which is an evolution of barter.

Instead of walking around with a wheel barrel of corn or soybeans, you carry the monetary equivalent (i.e. currency).

Humans have traded good and services for currency (and other things) for thousands of years. How else would you get medical treatment if you weren’t a doctor, or have a home built if you weren’t a carpenter/mason?

Even some animals have been observed to help/benefit each other in the wild.

I’m sure if animals weren’t wild, they would have created their own barter/currency economy too.

But you know; their wild animals and whatnot
I don't have a solution, all I'm saying is that the mere idea that someone may not have access to housing, food, water, Healthcare all while those things exist in abundance because of not having money is insanity.

I don't have a solution, all I'm saying is that the mere idea that someone may not have access to housing, food, water, Healthcare all while those things exist in abundance because of not having money is insanity.
Every society should grant its citizens equal access to the basic guarantors of health and stability regardless of financial standing.

Also from a cost-effectiveness standpoint it actually ends up costing more to combat the issues created by not providing housing, food or healthcare to everyone.

I agree, it is insane

Social scientists and academics have figured out policies to address most of these issues.

Society has just chosen to let those issues linger to protect the profits of a select few

While tricking tons of other people into thinking that somehow letting people go without is a condition everyone needs to accept when living in a capitalist economy.

It is insane

Poverty is a policy choice.

Last edited:
Every society should grant its citizens equal access to the basic guarantors of health and stability regardless of financial standing.

Also from a cost-effectiveness standpoint it actually ends up costing more to combat the issues created by not providing housing, food or healthcare to everyone.

Make it make sense. You can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom