The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think people need to spend much time in Ocean to figure out they can’t drink seawater. A horse fly knows it can’t drink seawater. :lol:

But why in the hell do you have many experiences with drinking seawater? Now I’m curious and concerned :lol:

I was at the beach 5X a week during the Summers when I was in junior high. A lot of body surfing.

243637909_5150964078265408_8287508866042654753_n.jpg

But we literally have to pay for everything in this capitalist country. Water. Power. Internet. Housing. Etc.

Why the Nets charging more for tickets when the Warriors or Lakers visit?

It's the Lebron effect. When the king enters the price goes up.

Ridiculous from what standpoint? Because I could make an argument that from a basic biological/evolutionary view, it’s not ridiculous at all.

You’re giving humans too much credit for not being subject to the baseline instinct of survive and reproduce.
Imagine you needing something to live, that's abundantly available that wasn't even created by someone else and in order to get it you have to give up something on exchange.

The concept of currency in exchange for goods is the epitome of selfishness

You know how we had past discussions about the Grizzlies being a terrible nickname for a team in Memphis? I had a random thought last night, it should be Golden State that has the Grizzlies nickname. One, it's alliteration and two, the Grizzly bear is the state animal of California.

Basically what I'm saying is thank god pre-season basketball is back.

Imagine you needing something to live, that's abundantly available that wasn't even created by someone else and in order to get it you have to give up something on exchange.

The concept of currency in exchange for goods is the epitome of selfishness

I fail to see your point, or understand your position.

What alternative are you proposing?

There is an option to the way the majority of modern society lives.

An individual can acquire land build their own shelter. On this land they can farm and raise livestock. The individual can also make their own clothing and tools. They can collect rain/ground water and treat it to make potable.

The issue is that most people cannot afford to do this, or choose simply to engage in the greater economy, which is an evolution of barter.

Instead of walking around with a wheel barrel of corn or soybeans, you carry the monetary equivalent (i.e. currency).

Humans have traded good and services for currency (and other things) for thousands of years. How else would you get medical treatment if you weren’t a doctor, or have a home built if you weren’t a carpenter/mason?

Even some animals have been observed to help/benefit each other in the wild.

I’m sure if animals weren’t wild, they would have created their own barter/currency economy too.

But you know; their wild animals and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom