The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even get me started on the benefits of public transit being obscured by the idiocy of cities being built for cars instead of people and the failings of the MTA, the best public transit system in our country

It's a shame the MTA is considered by some as the best public transit system in the country. Compared to other public transit systems, such as: Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany & Seoul, the MTA is pretty awful. Still a great value though 🤷‍♂️

Don't even get me started on the benefits of public transit being obscured by the idiocy of cities being built for cars instead of people and the failings of the MTA, the best public transit system in our country
Public transit also having a fare is a scam as well. The transit system down in Dade county was operating without fare from April 2020-June 2021 without issue. Can’t tell me you go over a year without taking care and experiencing zero drawbacks

243582808_5150107545017728_1899327500623568106_n.jpg
If AD gets hurt...
Since KD is the supposed best player in the league why is everyone not pushing for KD to lead the vaccine charge?
KD aint caping for the league.

Public transit also having a fare is a scam as well. The transit system down in Dade county was operating without fare from April 2020-June 2021 without issue. Can’t tell me you go over a year without taking care and experiencing zero drawbacks

A buddy of mine works for the MTA. He's part of a team of 5-6, who's principally responsible for monitoring the electric supply/activity across the ENTIRE MTA system.

I asked him about this issue recently, and he told me it's a joke whenever the MTA says they need to increase fare. There's a few people on top who are making egregious salaries, and the system can go 6+ months without charging fare and still be OK.

Based on a few prior experiences, I don’t think I’d agree to take the LA Metro public transit system if they paid me the fare.

Public transportation really isn’t our thing out here.

I miss baseball being the only sport on tv but not mad at football and basketball being byke.

Based on a few prior experiences, I don’t think I’d agree to take the LA Metro public transit system if they paid me the fare.

Public transportation really isn’t our thing out here.

I had a friend who moved to LA a couple years back, had a chat with her not too long ago and she said she was moving back to NY and I asked why. She said cause its hard living in LA without a car. Was legit bewildered why she moved there without a car and how she lasted so long there without one. :lol:

You ever been to LA? I dont think it would be possible to have a good transit system. Everything is just too far apart.
Yea, been to LA multiple times. I don’t think that the size of the city is the reason why it doesn’t have good transit. Also, better transit would massively cut down on the traffic issues too.

The american auto industry doesn't get nearly as much **** as it deserves for how villainous it was in the 20th century

A lot of what's wrong with urban planning can be traced back to them

Excellent point you bring up.

Many people don't know about Robert Moses and how much of a racist **** he was. Yet, we have all this **** named after him around NYC. For the people who don't know--look up Robert Moses and Parkways in NYC. THATS the true definition of racism in my opinion. Purposely preventing people for specific races to advance or enrich their lives.

Last edited:
Yea, been to LA multiple times. I don’t think that the size of the city is the reason why it doesn’t have good transit. Also, better transit would massively cut down on the traffic issues too.

Yeah. LA had great public transit way back in the day. Then they literally ripped it out of the ground.
You ever been to LA? I dont think it would be possible to have a good transit system. Everything is just too far apart.

It was proven to bepossible and did exist at one point.
The american auto industry doesn't get nearly as much **** as it deserves for how villainous it was in the 20th century

A lot of what's wrong with urban planning can be traced back to them

Bingo. Auto and Gas companies came to California and bulldozed public transit and replaced it with bogus freeways that aren’t built to handle modern population.

Rail systems help with that. Not necessarily subways but above ground metrorails.

It’d be nice sure but what about when you get to your area? Then what you gonna walk around all day when everything is still kinda far apart? Its not like NYC where you get off one station and its not too far from wherever you gotta go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom