The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to start taking public transit to my job but I carried the 1 and it would have been way too long.

Need to get a job that’s easier to take the train to

It’d be nice sure but what about when you get to your area? Then what you gonna walk around all day when everything is still kinda far apart? Its not like NYC where you get off one station and its not too far from wherever you gotta go.
Speaking from how it is in Miami, there’s a above ground metrorail which basically goes through the center of the county. The transit system here imo is better than elsewhere and there’s a consistent (and mostly reliable) bus routes that connect out.

I wanted to start taking public transit to my job but I carried the 1 and it would have been way too long.

Need to get a job that’s easier to take the train to

Try to hold off until they replace those idiotic fabric seats with plastic ones.

Imagine being on your way to work, taking a seat on the train only to find that you’ve just sat in warm 12 hour piss marinade.

I dunno who had the idea to put fabric seats on public transit but they need to be identified and fired immediately.

I took the train to staples center twice. You save money on parking but overall it’s just not convenient enough.

Only time in the future I could see myself using LA public transit again is the once they get everything connected to LAX. Other than that it’s more of a hassle than just sucking it up and sitting in gridlock.

Try to hold off until they replace those idiotic fabric seats with plastic ones.

Imagine being on your way to work, taking a seat on the train only to find that you’ve just sat in warm 12 hour piss marinade.

I dunno who had the idea to put fabric seats on public transit but they need to be identified and fired immediately.

I took the train to staples center twice. You save money on parking but overall it’s just not convenient enough.

Only time in the future I could see myself using LA public transit again is the once they get everything connected to LAX. Other than that it’s more of a hassle than just sucking it up and sitting in gridlock.

Only time I use it now is to go to Angels games for those $7 rides. I live like 5 min away from union station so it’s convenient

It’d be nice sure but what about when you get to your area? Then what you gonna walk around all day when everything is still kinda far apart? Its not like NYC where you get off one station and its not too far from wherever you gotta go.
That’s not true of every NY subway stop :lol:. Tons of people walk far from the the stop to get to wherever they’re going.

took the metro rail once from the LB area to dtla for a laker game
one and done

id rather sit in the comfort of my own car ...albeit in traffic, but i dont eem mind that anymore

In the outer boroughs it can be

Couple places you gotta get off the train, walk to the bus stop, take the bus a few miles, get off the bus and STILL walk to where you wanna go

This is why having a car in NYC, assuming you have a garage or a place to park it is never gonna be a bad idea. I rather drive place to place in my car than taking trains and buses all day. Wasting mad time and ish, cant even be spontaneous. Went to Soho today actually (im in the Bronx) and ended up in Astoria after then Yonkers to get some Cinnabon. Was out for maybe 3 hours. Try doing that with public trans.

Sorry but the idea that LA is to spread out to have a good public transportation system seems wild to me

Umm, that is kinda a good reason to build a vast public transportation system

The thing is, you would not build one exactly like what you see in the heart of NYC

1633381991234.png

planning and construction been a **** show, it still is and its gonna get worse

This is why having a car in NYC, assuming you have a garage or a place to park it is never gonna be a bad idea. I rather drive place to place in my car than taking trains and buses all day. Wasting mad time and ish, cant even be spontaneous. Went to Soho today actually (im in the Bronx) and ended up in Astoria after then Yonkers to get some Cinnabon. Was out for maybe 3 hours. Try doing that with public trans.
I'm seeing someone, in the same borough as me (bronx too), who live 15-25 mins away by car, and an HOUR away by public transportation :rofl:

Sometimes it feel like the MTA really only care about Manhattan, and BARELY at that :lol:

The planning and execution of the transit system in LA has been a mess.

The gold line took forever....but it has helped out.

I use the LA transit system to go Dodgers Stadium, Staples center and the Coliseum.

For me it works great.

The only thing you couldn’t do on public transport easily is go to Yonkers and Yonkers is not an essential part of a day trip…

having a car in NY is a horrible idea generally, I get that there’s parts of north Bronx that are basically Westchester but nah it ain’t worth it.

I'm seeing someone, in the same borough as me (bronx too), who live 15-25 mins away by car, and an HOUR away by public transportation :rofl:

Sometimes it feel like the MTA really only care about Manhattan, and BARELY at that :lol:
You gotta narrow it down and say Times Square and Battery Park 😂. Took the subway from Time Sq. (Theater District) to my sister-in-law's house in Morningside near Columbia, decent subway ride then a 20 min hoof. And it was like 90 that day.

But that system is miles ahead of Pittsburgh. Limited routes and times everywhere, not just outside of the Pittsburgh metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom