The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

I'm all for putting Giannis on any pedestal. He just not on Shaq's yet and that is just a product of time

Lakers needed hella luck to get that 3 peat with 2 arguable top 10 players but even with all that said Giannis has a long way to go imo to get to Shaq's level. He's well on his way though, that's undeniable. He's definitely Shaq type in the new era

You could do this for literally, ANY close series that led to a particular outcome.

Robert Horry, Ray Allen etc etc.

All i'm saying is that the narrative flip on Giannis has been kind of wild to watch in real time :lol: , but if people gonna run with the most dominant force since Shaq thing God bless.

we are barely a year removed from watching a frontline of Bam & Olynyk give son hell.... but if ya'll like it i love it 🤷‍♂️

Giannis will feast on teams with weak defense. He needs a mid range to go to the next level.

All i'm saying is that the narrative flip on Giannis has been kind of wild to watch in real time :lol: , but if people gonna run with the most dominant force since Shaq thing God bless.

we are barely a year removed from watching a frontline of Bam & Olynyk give son hell.... but if ya'll like it i love it 🤷‍♂️

He failed and broke thru. Like all the greats. Shaq been swept a few times before he won his first chip. Bron done lost to a Dwight Howard led team. Kobe done gave up a 3-1 lead. Etc etc etc. Nobody’s resume is clean.

It’s not really a narrative switch. More of recognizing where Giannis is on his trajectory. And that’s a 2X MVP, Finals MVP, DPOY….all by age 26. The people who were od down on him, was backlash to people building him up. Wining makes things clearer now.

Giannis at this stage in his career is in ELITE company. He on his way, if he continues this path. Nothing narrative or to roll your eyes about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom