The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

How does one achieve a shot like this? All supports/ then layering in post prod?

edited a photo from my last shoot with the canon t1i before my 60d came in. forgot about these photos. it was my first time at albany bulb. any feedback? my edits arent too crazy. i like to go with a natural look since i dont have a "style" yet. any feedback?

Last edited:
^^^^Geeze...there goes GoPro with their drone.

edited a photo from my last shoot with the canon t1i before my 60d came in. forgot about these photos. it was my first time at albany bulb. any feedback? my edits arent too crazy. i like to go with a natural look since i dont have a "style" yet. any feedback?

Definitely get the city more in frame. A long lens would have helped with this shot cause you'd still get the foreground and get a closer shot of the background. Also if you have a tripod, an HDR or bracketed shot would have brought out more details. The background needed to be darker but the foreground would be pretty much black. An HDR shot would have helped with that.

^^^^Geeze...there goes GoPro with their drone.
Definitely get the city more in frame. A long lens would have helped with this shot cause you'd still get the foreground and get a closer shot of the background. Also if you have a tripod, an HDR or bracketed shot would have brought out more details. The background needed to be darker but the foreground would be pretty much black. An HDR shot would have helped with that.

Cool. I have never done those shots before since i dont know when to.i didnt have a tripod at this time, but when theres clouds/fog or any of that hdr/bracketing would help with detail? Will try that out sometime then.

anyways heres a shot closer to what you suggest as for framing. copied the edit settings over from the first image so i could show you real quick. the foreground was blacked out in the original, but this is the edit. idk how i feel.

Last edited:
Anyone know any dope spots in downtown houston to shoot at? Or anywhere else in the city?

Just lookin for some good views, moat likley will be shootin either late in the day or the evening.

Anyone know any dope spots in downtown houston to shoot at? Or anywhere else in the city?

Just lookin for some good views, moat likley will be shootin either late in the day or the evening.
You're in Houston too?

but yea some dope spots would be the Sabine Bridge, The Graffiti Building located on 1503 Chartres St., Bagby Park, Buffalo Bayou Park bridge close to the Hobby Center, Discovery Green, Tranquility Park, Market Square Park. That's just downtown.

Eleanor Tinsley Park
Lee and Joe Jamail Skatepark
Williams Water wall
McGovern Centennial Gardens
Preservons la Creation
Mecom Fountain
The James Turrell Skyspace at Rice University

Japanese Garden in Hermann Park and the reflection pool next to it.

Back
Top Bottom