The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I have a few questions, I am going back to school spring semester and majoring in Photographic imaging, now do anyone have tips for me on what I should expect or how the road path of this career is?

i would like to know the same too
I have a few questions, I am going back to school spring semester and majoring in Photographic imaging, now do anyone have tips for me on what I should expect or how the road path of this career is?

Photos of when I went to australia.
0a636725486ff7fbba23081fe1d286c80938893d.jpg

f01363dc4f31fb60b99f0b2feb838fe62a51f086.jpg

34516c45febe05e188e60760dbccc7e4e90c8f25.jpg
d072661418f72b270cceba837c558b439016ea2d.jpg

4b226e947dfd3b320eee858857db2f5a206314f4.jpg
a7c16f4cf7bb07e68cdc3713cfd9f07902935061.jpg

Originally Posted by eeibaby

It differs from school to school. I graduated from photo major not too while ago. I was in fine art school so while I don't get to learn much about business side of it or nothing like that, it does gives me a lot of time to hone my skill although you have to be incredibly self-motivated. 
Before expecting anything, I would like to research what kind of curriculum they have on school that you are going back to. Lot of photo program (art program in general) has to do with professors they have and also equipments they have. Certain professors like to favor one thing to another (like digital over film vice versa) and you might end up not learning what you actually want to learn (although that opens up for an opportunity to learning about something that you are totally unaware of which is kinda cool). 

Career wise, it's all about hustle. It really is. Especially nowadays since everybody got them fancy digital cameras, you can really whip out good pictures quick and sometimes, without any effort. You just gotta understand your capabilities and hold your ground strong. At the end of the day, whether you are trying to get into fine art or commercial, you gotta hustle your way in. It's exactly like making it in other art field like music or acting or whatever. 

How often do you guys use Photoshop to touch up your pics? I always see plenty of good shots and I always wonder if it's the editing that makes it so good.

Also, I just downloaded GIMP, anyone know a good place on the web to learn this free software?

Originally Posted by desoIation1

How often do you guys use Photoshop to touch up your pics? I always see plenty of good shots and I always wonder if it's the editing that makes it so good.

Also, I just downloaded GIMP, anyone know a good place on the web to learn this free software?

I use Adobe Lightroom for the edits. It's so
pimp.gif
I don't really do the touch ups in photoshop cuz I don't know how to do that yet, but for just pure edits, download Lighroom, it will make you a believer.

Photoshop should be meant to enhance certain facets of the pic.

Composition is what makes a photo and Photoshop doesn't decide that.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by parasight21

been meaning to post some up here but got so lazy
no digital, film all day
what kind of film you using???

Fuji Neopan 400, I use Rollei ones from time to time but mostly Fuji Neopan 400. 

Just search Gimp Tutorials. If you don't want to pirate software Gimp is awesome. 

Quick question for you guys.. Mom was cleaning out the closet the other day, found these two cameras. I'm sure they come a dime a dozen, probably just garbage, but can anyone shed any more info on them for me?

Thanks guys

Both those polaroid cameras use 600 film, which is mad expensive, however 779 film will also work with them.

779 film is less expensive than 600, but still not cheap

impossible project has some polaroid film that'd work. I.P. film runs anywhere from 20-30 dollars

Ok, so i decided to buy a Canon DSLR to take pics of memories of events and BUT im extremely new at it, so i wanted to test it out at the Halloween Parade in Soho.

i wanna ask, what is the biggest thing you notice about the pictures that i need to fix in order to have them better..

Mind you, theres NO external flash, no other lens BUT the stock one and there is clearly some over exposing going on BUT i also realized that i should be shooting in RAW (maybe) so that i could tone it down a little afterwards...

most honest opinions from all are welcomed..

thanx in advace.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55593909@N06/5150221802/ by BrklynPoLoBoys, on Flickr

yes, we know its a dude...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55593909@N06/5149612695/ by BrklynPoLoBoys, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55593909@N06/5150221268/ by BrklynPoLoBoys, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55593909@N06/5149612401/ by BrklynPoLoBoys, on Flickr

wildest idea by BrklynPoLoBoys, on Flickr

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I use Adobe Lightroom for the edits. It's so
pimp.gif
I don't really do the touch ups in photoshop cuz I don't know how to do that yet, but for just pure edits, download Lighroom, it will make you a believer.

damn it's not free 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom