The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by bl1nk

Hey guys, first time checking in on this thread, i am looking for my first dslr and am torn between the nikon d3100 and canon t2i. Looking to be using the video option of the camera a lot. Any info on both, with pros and cons of each would be greatly appreciated.

For sure....get the Canon T2i. They almost double the frame rate that the Nikon has so you won't get that jello feel if you are using it as a hand held.

Related note.....my homie made some custom sliders for DSLRs so you can get panning shots with video.

Slider41.jpg

Slider31.jpg

Slider61.jpg

He made this spoof video of him letting his car go using the sliders:

Holy hell. I just checked his site and had no idea he's selling it for mad money. Not sure if this is the going rate for these things but he is selling it for $450 to $550 depending on the size that you want. I believe you can mount these on tripods as well depending on how you wanted to shoot your video.

http://store.360vm.com/

Oh...and just for people that may not know.....what this slider is emulating is track shots like they do in movies/films to get a nice continuous, smooth shot . Back in the days and even now, you'll see filmers on a cart that is mounted to a track and someone either pushes or drives the cart for the filmer. Now I believe they use more mobile devises like the contraption below:

Arco.jpg

It's kind of the rage in skate videos now a days. This intro was done for a skateboard film called Fully Flared and it was done with a lot of shots like that:

^Yeah I have been researching them and that is about the going rate. Especially a belt driven one with a crank.

Originally Posted by bl1nk

Hey guys, first time checking in on this thread, i am looking for my first dslr and am torn between the nikon d3100 and canon t2i. Looking to be using the video option of the camera a lot. Any info on both, with pros and cons of each would be greatly appreciated.
thats how i got interested.. i took a b and w photography in school and i liked it alot.. specially the dark room.. i am thinking bout making my own dark room at my house

i'm looking to trade my g9 for a DSLR or micro 4/3 type camera. Hope to decide soon and continue learning so i can post some stuff in here. i don't know if i'm ready for anything other than a point and shoot but i'll do some more research and upgrade next year

Thats the best thing you can do is keep researching. Hell you may not need anything besides you g9. Its still a solid camera.

Just picked up the Gary Fong Puffer, anyone have any experiences with it? Will post pics soon.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Hey there, I don't know too much about photography but christmas is coming up, and I was looking into buying a lens as a gift.
Can anyone show me some good wide angle lenses, also, how much am I looking to spend on a decent one?
Thank you photographers.

What camera body?

Just a Canon xsi

seems as tho i'm falling in love with the street photog thing, i like the randomness about it i guess.

my attempts:

5224965239_3c58f6c315_z.jpg

5224965451_468d26168a_z.jpg

5224966771_6b5fab4f7b_z.jpg

5225562574_8304793903_z.jpg

5225562744_ae9d79fe29_z.jpg

5225561974_93c5e52f41_z.jpg

shots taken in nyc and dublin, ireland

Back
Top Bottom