The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Alright fellas, help me out.

Gf wants a Canon SLR for X-mas.

Not trying to break the bank since this is just a side hobby and she's a beginner and all.

Any recommendations on what to buy, where? (costco)?

Thanks fam.
Check the one on slickdeals.net t2i + all that for 800.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Alright fellas, help me out.

Gf wants a Canon SLR for X-mas.

Not trying to break the bank since this is just a side hobby and she's a beginner and all.

Any recommendations on what to buy, where? (costco)?

Thanks fam.

Canon S95.

Trying to buy a good tripod for under $200.
Any suggestions? Also, any good black friday deals (online) for a good tripod?  I need something that will hold a 5D with some heavy lenses, thats about it.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

Trying to buy a good tripod for under $200.
Any suggestions? Also, any good black friday deals (online) for a good tripod?  I need something that will hold a 5D with some heavy lenses, thats about it.
I quickly glanced over Canon's website and I think there's a sale on certain items. Double check
smile.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Taken with my new Canon T2i, I'm new to the DSLR world, so excuse my amateur pixs still [/color]
embarassed.gif

2irjg0.jpg

bf52iw.jpg

a4bj9d.jpg

2vrzn7p.jpg

2w7h1ds.jpg

I just started shooting in RAW + JPEG mode. What (free) programs do you use to edit the RAW files?

Also, I just bought an external flash and have been looking online on how to take shots it. Anyone have tips when it comes to using an external flash?

Do it. Just try to make sure that your buyer is legit (if you're selling via Ebay, check their feedback. Some forums also allow users to provide feedback if they have a buy/sell section). Also, if you have a set price, be firm but fair. Too many people try to get gear for ultra-cheap and they end up basically cheating the seller. On the other hand, if you know of any issues that your equipment might have, make sure you're upfront about it. No one wants to pay a 10/10 price when the condition is really a 5/10. Good luck with your selling!

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

any general advice/tips to take inventory photos like that?
light layout/ post, w/e

i had the same question (not in this thread) and i looked it up and found some cool vids on youtube for building a light box, which can be utilized for shooting objects like this. i just went to the local office depot and bought the supplies, which was very inexpensive and built one and it turned out pretty good! i dont have any pics to show, but it swear it worked.

Hey there, I don't know too much about photography but christmas is coming up, and I was looking into buying a lens as a gift.
Can anyone show me some good wide angle lenses, also, how much am I looking to spend on a decent one?
Thank you photographers.

Back
Top Bottom