The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/instantvantage/5723546450/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/instantvantage/5719771974/

and check out my dude's hair! 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Some Bay 2 Breakers stuff. I think the content is more interesting then my actual photo skills. Plus it's pretty hard drinking and taking nice photos at the same time. All these are pretty much candid to a certain extent.

bay-2-breakers-2.jpg

bay-2-breakers-3.jpg

bay-2-breakers-4.jpg

bay-2-breakers-5.jpg

bay-2-breakers-6.jpg

bay-2-breakers-7.jpg

bay-2-breakers-8.jpg

bay-2-breakers-10.jpg

bay-2-breakers-11.jpg

bay-2-breakers-13.jpg

bay-2-breakers-14.jpg

bay-2-breakers-15.jpg

bay-2-breakers-16.jpg

bay-2-breakers-18.jpg

bay-2-breakers-19.jpg
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Is this DC? 

im setlling on the t2i. for those who have it...did you get the kit or just the body? also, i am looking for prime lenses, any recommendations? noob here...

You'll get some helpful advice, but NT really aint the spot for in depth photography-talk. Head over to POTN (Photography on the Net) join the forum and do your research.

But my suggestions for your T2i would be.

kit lens is a great lens, but you can out grow it quickly (dismal performance in low light)
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 "nifty-fifty" ($80-$140) used/new
Canon EF 28mm f/1.8
Canon EF 35mm f/2
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8

Pretty basic entry-level lenses above, but they are all a step above the kit lens image quality. And those are just primes. Google is your friend, and so are other forums out there catered to photography. I'm sure a lot of us on here can write Method Man-esque posts on the subject, researching on your own will go a long way.

Me three. Canonrumors kills me with their updates. It says late 2011 to early 2012 or the Mark III. That freakin' sucks.

Looking to spend about $150-300 on a New Video Lens.. Just looking for sharper Video.. Not looking to spend alot on glass since i wil be getting a 5D in the next 6 months! .. Thanks for the help

nerd.gif
 You might want to start editing your shots... or just take better ones from the get-go. 

I think considering though, those are major improvement from his last stuff. But I just hate obsessive watermarking. Also, I would suggest a better background or at least not have it so wrinkly.

I think considering though, those are major improvement from his last stuff. But I just hate obsessive watermarking. Also, I would suggest a better background or at least not have it so wrinkly.

Thats all i wanted to do and I cant seem to want to even photoshop my pics.. I feel like its so wrong to do so.. Their are TERRIBLE photographers (like i started out as even worse) that photoshop well and come out with better pics.. Apart of my marketing is strictly NO PHOTOSHOP material!

What a good lens (Rebel T1) for portrait photography? And lens hood for EFS 18-55mm that can also fit on a 55-250 lens?

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Thats all i wanted to do and I cant seem to want to even photoshop my pics.. I feel like its so wrong to do so.. Their are TERRIBLE photographers (like i started out as even worse) that photoshop well and come out with better pics.. Apart of my marketing is strictly NO PHOTOSHOP material!
Unfortunately when it comes to studio photography, digital manipulation and Photoshop are pretty much a staple. Perhaps you're targeting a very small niche market, which is bold but I'll give you props for it. There are plenty of photographers out there who avoid the use of Photoshop while others prefer to make heavy modifications, and that's fine. However, serious photographers don't rely on Photoshop alone to make a shot look amazing. They just use it to give their images a 'pop' and clean up any distractions. Good photos should look good with or without Photoshop.

With all that said, if you've found a market for unaltered studio photography, then good for you. It's just very rare to see unaltered studio pics.

Oh and while I'm in this thread, I just thought I'd share my beautiful Canon 85L II which will soon be finding a new home since I'm simplifying my equipment set-up
frown.gif

2qmq9g8.jpg

^^^Damn....where the hell have you been. So after you sell that, are you left with like 10 lenses? Haha. But are you still shooting with the 1D Mark III?

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Unfortunately when it comes to studio photography, digital manipulation and Photoshop are pretty much a staple. Perhaps you're targeting a very small niche market, which is bold but I'll give you props for it. There are plenty of photographers out there who avoid the use of Photoshop while others prefer to make heavy modifications, and that's fine. However, serious photographers don't rely on Photoshop alone to make a shot look amazing. They just use it to give their images a 'pop' and clean up any distractions. Good photos should look good with or without Photoshop.

With all that said, if you've found a market for unaltered studio photography, then good for you. It's just very rare to see unaltered studio pics.

Oh and while I'm in this thread, I just thought I'd share my beautiful Canon 85L II which will soon be finding a new home since I'm simplifying my equipment set-up
frown.gif

2qmq9g8.jpg

Thanks for the advice bruh appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom