The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^^^^ photo meets are always dope. i think only asking for users of one type of camera kinda takes the fun out of it imo

There has to be a goal and some sort of requirements and organization, otherwise is an all out shoot out where no one learns anything...specific meetups say a mock engagement shoot, you shouldn't show up with a point and shoot or Camera phone

tokes99 tokes99 During the Monterey Concorso a group of people had a small rally to a spot near the beach where they were doing a mini photo shoot so I tagged along and took some shots.

Outside of NT you can look into meetup.com and search for photography groups in your area. Joined one that did photo walks. Granted I can do that my self but it great to have other shooters around for general convo, networking and it also informed about places I'd never thought to shoot at. Also joined a group where the group organizers owned a commercial warehouse studio and taught me a lot about lighting techniques. Just don't do the ones you'd have to pay for.

from my trip to Hawaii last year, how i miss it...

Hey guys just wondering which of these two would be a better pickup: 50mm 1.4d or sigma 17-50mm 2.8g? I already have a 28-80 kit lens and am looking for a faster lens that I can everyday. Thanks in advance!

^^^^I use SnapSeed primarily. It has it all for editing and is way better than the Photoshop app. Not a ton of filters but you can get that from other apps like VSCOcam or Camera+(Plus). Other than that, I use PicFrame so I can make my photos display as a rectangle rather than a square and AutoStitch for panoramics and HDR fusion for those HDR shots when the sun is out.

Thanks Fong! Preciate cha.

Hi Guise.

I didn't see this in the first post, but what photography apps do you guys use on your mobile devices?

vsco cam is pretty nice on android or iOS, apps like big lens & color effects are dope too for blur & color isolations

tokes99 tokes99 During the Monterey Concorso a group of people had a small rally to a spot near the beach where they were doing a mini photo shoot so I tagged along and took some shots.

cool, car people are tend to be some of the nicest folk!

probably should crop this smaller and not totally in focus, but i like it!

Last edited:
^^^They need to fix one thing they have yet to do. Please have it so you can browse through your entire history rather than almost having it capped at a certain amount. Even Illustrator is good with that. Why only have it with that and no Photoshop?

vsco cam is pretty nice on android or iOS, apps like big lens & color effects are dope too for blur & color isolations
cool, car people are tend to be some of the nicest folk!

probably should crop this smaller and not totally in focus, but i like it!

Boston? Orange Line?

^^^^Haha. Sort of but not really. I guess I am more intrigued of this place if any cause every time I come here, it's like an almost entirely different setting. Plus I never can shoot this place correctly whether if there are new spots or just other ways to capture it. I wanted to go back to that place specifically cause I shot it all off centered last time. This time it was straight but the environment is totally different. I think I am done with this place for a while though.

^Every time you post a shot from there they look great to me. To get that silky look on the water are you using a filter or is it the exposure time, I've always wondered. Have you been to the trail at lands end where there is a little sandy area overlooking the ocean and the golden gate? It's a walk but the view is priceless. Can't see the sunset though.

^Every time you post a shot from there they look great to me. To get that silky look on the water are you using a filter or is it the exposure time, I've always wondered. Have you been to the trail at lands end where there is a little sandy area overlooking the ocean and the golden gate? It's a walk but the view is priceless. Can't see the sunset though.

I am using a filter but its a cheap ND filter that only stops like 3 stops down. It really isn't the overall thing that is getting me that long exposure. Some of it is just the low light and having it at a low ISO. From that, I can definitely get a 30 second exposure or longer. And yeah, I have down the other trails but haven't shot it during the sunset or night. I do need to venture out. I follow some dudes on Instagram and they are straight doing some crazy stuff either sneaking into buildings and getting on the roofs or just getting into spots I have no clue getting to. m

Lately I have been doing it since the Mark 3 has that feature. I always tone it down but it allows me to get that range with the foreground getting lit up.

Back
Top Bottom