The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

14036875877_4703d0b064_c.jpg

no but necessary, she seems to be very comfortable with that sort of thing... unless you mean she is a conservative girl (which after listening to her interview on the juan epstein podcast doesn't seem to be the case)

Yeah, she's not conservative for nothing but the same time, she's not totally out in pron land being and acting all nasty 24/7. One of the cool things I heard her say is The Hundreds has a top 5 video they do and for her it was top 5 dead celebs she'd have sex with and of the guys she says is Big L which showed how much of a New Yorker she is. I thought that was dope.

The Hundreds decided to not run the raunchy photos. I didn't even think it was all that bad and I even left out some odd ones. I had a photo of a family where the dad was touching her boobs while his wife was holding his daughter. Pretty creepy.

I don't know why but I like this one a lot. Expression on his face and they were under the light. It's a dumb candid photo but shooting in that shop is pretty damn hard. I asked you guys about shooting flash and I did in the beginning but glad I stopped after some bad photos. So I just cranked the ISO to 2000 and shot open.

asa-6.jpg

And the one that is getting the most buzz.....for obvious reasons. Props to those guys for asking. It wasn't till then that she got topless.

Asa-17.jpg

An article on the best available mirrorless cameras of this year.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/124...hangeable-lens-cameras-available-to-buy-today

That NEX-6 seems to always come up. I hope to get one at the end of next month.

[COLOR=#red]Brother, my Sony A57 got stolen three weeks ago...I had to get a replacement camera and soon because I'm currently on a six week field trip for my Masters program where we are visiting some of the most picturesque places in America. Currently I'm in Moab Utah.

I knew I wanted a quality mirrorless camera because of portability reasons. I too looked at the Nex-6 until I remembered its replacement the a6000 was just released. I bought the a6000. Upgrades over the Nex-6 include a 24mp sensor with better low light capability, the new Bionz Z processor that's used in the A7 and the new upgraded A77...a full 11fps at full resolution WITH autofocus between each shot, also it has phase detection autofocus on 179 points of the sensor...meaning that phase detection covers 92% of the sensor and it's fast as s***. It has an improved menu as well.

If you look at dxo the sensor is rated at an 82 which pretty much trumps all of the other apsc sensors even the DSLRs. There was a comparison review where it easily beat out the new Leica M camera.

Look up then reviews... The a6000 is one of the fastest hottest apsc camera out there regardless of mirrorless or DSLR body style...and it takes amazing imagery.[/COLOR]

Looks like I'll be saving up a bit more to cop. Thanks for the suggestion. Because of the number I kept thinking NEX 7 was better than all of these until someone corrected me.

Last edited:
Let me start off by saying i know these questions get asked a lot, actually someone just asked like a page back but maybe if i give some more information you guys can help me better... I'm currently looking into buying a DSLR, I've been using my brothers Canon Rebel t3(not t3i) over the past year or so but borrowing it every time i want to get some pictures is annoying so I'm looking to purchase my own DSLR. What i plan on using it for, i want a camera that can get high quality images but at the same time, I like to record a lot of video so I'm looking for something that can get the job done in both of those aspects. I want a camera that can handle low light situations because I'm often out with friends or at concerts and i plan on using my camera in low light scenarios.

Budget: I can spend up to around 850 maybe a little more depending.
Portability: Does not matter
Brand: Nikon, Canon whatever anybody suggest.(Even though my brother has a Canon its just kit lens so doesn't matter if i switch brands).

If anybody would rather PM, any form of answer is fine with me.

edit- And lets say i wanted to buy a Nikon D7000 refurbished is buying refurbished from Amazon reliable?

Thanks

Last edited:
Let me start off by saying i know these questions get asked a lot, actually someone just asked like a page back but maybe if i give some more information you guys can help me better... I'm currently looking into buying a DSLR, I've been using my brothers Canon Rebel t3(not t3i) over the past year or so but borrowing it every time i want to get some pictures is annoying so I'm looking to purchase my own DSLR. What i plan on using it for, i want a camera that can get high quality images but at the same time, I like to record a lot of video so I'm looking for something that can get the job done in both of those aspects. I want a camera that can handle low light situations because I'm often out with friends or at concerts and i plan on using my camera in low light scenarios.

Budget: I can spend up to around 850 maybe a little more depending.
Portability: Does not matter
Brand: Nikon, Canon whatever anybody suggest.(Even though my brother has a Canon its just kit lens so doesn't matter if i switch brands).

If anybody would rather PM, any form of answer is fine with me.

edit- And lets say i wanted to buy a Nikon D7000 refurbished is buying refurbished from Amazon reliable?

Thanks

Is your price for the whole kit (lens included) or just the body only?

I highly recommend a D7000/7100. They're great still cameras as well as video cameras. You might just have to shell out a bit more cash for lenses if you take the D7100. I loved the D7100 when I had it. Are you looking to stick with primes or go with a zoom?

As for purchasing refurbished from Amazon, I think it's generally okay, but I'm eh about those purchases since it's not from Amazon directly. It's usually sold by another store and fulfilled by Amazon or something like that. Amazon is just the middleman. Just gotta research the warranty and any other fine print.

Thanks

buying a refurbished camera isn't a big deal as long as you do some research on who is selling it. As long as it's a authorized reseller from Nikon you will be fine. If you're unsure then ask them if they are or not, also ask if nikons 1 year manufacture warranty will apply. Most likely it will as long as you buy it from an authorized reseller. And you can always purchase an extended warranty from squaretrade or an other third party warranty company as long as you have a copy of the receipt.

Check this list for authorized resellers updated yesterday.

http://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf

Is your price for the whole kit (lens included) or just the body only?

I highly recommend a D7000/7100. They're great still cameras as well as video cameras. You might just have to shell out a bit more cash for lenses if you take the D7100. I loved the D7100 when I had it. Are you looking to stick with primes or go with a zoom?

As for purchasing refurbished from Amazon, I think it's generally okay, but I'm eh about those purchases since it's not from Amazon directly. It's usually sold by another store and fulfilled by Amazon or something like that. Amazon is just the middleman. Just gotta research the warranty and any other fine print.

Thats where I'm having a hard time deciding I know if i buy Body Only I'm going to need to purchase some glass, at least with a kit lens i won't be in such a dire need of purchasing a lens right away.

Yea from the research I've done on D7000 I keep hearing that its a really good camera, I also looked into the D7100 but at the same time I'm hoping i don't have to shell out to much money because i know I'm going to need to get some quality glass. I am looking to stick with primes but i can't say i won't purchase some zooms because it just depends on what I end up shooting but as of right now Zoom lenses are not on the top of my list( unless I'm completely wrong and you guys suggest grabbing a zoom).

See thats what i was assuming that Amazon was the middleman of the deal and it was coming from an online seller, might have to contact some amazon sellers and see the info they have about warranty.

I checked my local craigslist as well and seen a couple people selling D7000's locally but I'm always have a sketchy feeling buying electronics on craiglist.

thanks to you and yanky yanky

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom