The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I heard they are exactly like Canon's, which isn't saying much cause the Canon one's are total crap as well but that is why the price is so cheap. Yongnuo just makes it cheaper taking the Canon badge off it.
Without even hesitating, the Sony RX100 or if you can afford it, the new RX100 with the viewfinder. That camera has literally crushed all of Canon's pro level point and shoots. I think it's a tad bit more expensive but worth the extra cost if you ask me.
Thanks so far most have said go with the Rx100m3 so far what about the Sony Alpha Series are you familiar with those ?

what's good everyone, I wanted to get a camera but not a DSLR, looking at Canon Gx7, G16, S120 & Sony Rx100 cuz I'm on the go alot and I want somethin more convenient but still takes quality shots... any suggestions/recommendations?

Ricoh GR. Hands down. APS-C in a compact body.

Anyone familiar with Eye-Fi cards? I was wondering if they put out an update to where you can transfer photos individually, rather than only all at once.

Quote:
Anyone familiar with Eye-Fi cards? I was wondering if they put out an update to where you can transfer photos individually, rather than only all at once.
I doubt this will ever be possible considering in order to view the pics you'd need to have them transferred to the device first which defeats the purpose. Plus I'd also assume that if they did make it possible for individual transfer you'd have to do it from the camera which would require a firmware update which will be a lot of work and a long time coming considering the number of cameras. If you have a nikon I'd suggest getting the WU-1a or 1b (whichever your camera is compatible with) you can individually transfer with the WMU Nikon app

Speaking of Nikon, new entry level cam D5500

d5500lead.jpg

It's been a while since Nikon introduced its D5300 DSLR, so what better time to upgrade that model than during CES 2015? Meet the Nikon D5500, the company's new DSLR, geared toward people who, perhaps, have just started to get into photography. Having said that, the D5500 is no slouch, and should have no trouble appealing to prosumers as well. Nikon's D5500 features a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter, aka OLPF, which is great for producing high-quality, sharper images. To tie it all together, there's a 3.2-inch, adjustable LCD touchscreen on the back -- an upgrade from the D5300. Nikon says the D5500 can handle up to 820 shots per charge with 60 percent flash usage, or 3200 without any at all. While it may look very similar to the D5300 from the outside, the D5500 is a definite improvement over its predecessor. It'll be available for $900 next month (body-only), and you'll have the option to choose between the traditional black hue or a spicier red 
sounds like the D7100 with probable "worse" low light proformance

Last edited:
Quote:
I doubt this will ever be possible considering in order to view the pics you'd need to have them transferred to the device first which defeats the purpose. Plus I'd also assume that if they did make it possible for individual transfer you'd have to do it from the camera which would require a firmware update which will be a lot of work and a long time coming considering the number of cameras. If you have a nikon I'd suggest getting the WU-1a or 1b (whichever your camera is compatible with) you can individually transfer with the WMU Nikon app

Speaking of Nikon, new entry level cam D5500

sounds like the D7100 with probable "worse" low light proformance

Thanks, homie. I know the technology is there, but why is Eye-Fi lacking when it comes to it. They even admit they're aware of it.

And yeah, I had the WU-1a when I had my D7100 which was terrible (the adapter. camera was great). I love my Fuji because it's so seamless and easy. Very user friendly. Plus it's built in.

Thanks, homie. I know the technology is there, but why is Eye-Fi lacking when it comes to it. They even admit they're aware of it.

And yeah, I had the WU-1a when I had my D7100 which was terrible (the adapter. camera was great). I love my Fuji because it's so seamless and easy. Very user friendly. Plus it's built in.

Eye-fi has a card that does single uploading. All the X2 should be able to do it. I have the regular so never tried it but when you lock a photo in your camera, your phone should only upload that one single photo.

https://x2help.eyefi.com/hc/en-us/articles/200051666-Manage-File-Transfer-Modes

But people are upset that this is only in the premium cards.

https://community.eyefi.com/eyefi/topics/feature_request_selective_transfer_for_mobi

Eye-fi has a card that does single uploading. All the X2 should be able to do it. I have the regular so never tried it but when you lock a photo in your camera, your phone should only upload that one single photo.

https://x2help.eyefi.com/hc/en-us/articles/200051666-Manage-File-Transfer-Modes

But people are upset that this is only in the premium cards.

https://community.eyefi.com/eyefi/topics/feature_request_selective_transfer_for_mobi

Thanks, man. I do have the Pro X2 but wasn't working for me. I guess I didn't configure it correctly. Will try again once I get home.

Randomly though, I'm playing with it at work and now it won't broad cast the SSID to my phone. This Eye-Fi card is starting to become a pain in the *** and not worth the money. Maybe if it starts working properly, it might.

edit: And for some reason, when it did work, it only uploaded low resolution photos to my phone. :x Anyone familiar with this?

Last edited:
Never experience low res photos but my Eye Fi card has been having issues as well. The damn signal never connects properly and I can only upload like 3-4 photos at a time before it disconnects and I have to find the signal again. And since I have the regular card, it's such a pain to upload every damn photo just to get that one photo you want at the end of your photo set. I might send it back to Eyefi if there is a factory warranty cause this is total BS. I backed this company and even the technology but I guess Eyefi really hasn't perfected it at all. I wonder if internal signals are just as bad in cameras.

Haven't used my eye-fi in a while, but I would keep it in the second slot and transfer wanted photos over from my main card. That way I don't have to worry about deleting extra when it transfer to the phone.

Not sure what you're experiencing regarding low resolution. Is your camera saving jpeg in a higher resolution than what you're getting?

^^^^You can do that in your camera? Transfer a photo from say a CF card to an SD one? I never knew. I have been trying to shoot raw as of late and save my Raws to my CF card and my JPEGs to my Eyefi but my 8GB CD card gets filled super quick. I literally need like a 64GB to even save both formats. You RAW shooters must have just TBs of storage of just photos alone.

Yeah. I don't know if that's the case for Canon, but for Nikon, just got the playback menu options in settings and do it from there.

I never have an issue with storage. Then again I only keep probably 10-15 photos if I'm leisurely shooting. Rarely do gigs now.

Sidenote: Why did Nikon skip the naming convention of D5400 and jump to d5500

I honestly think because of how nice that cam sounds it needs to be a D6XXX

Last edited:
Haven't used my eye-fi in a while, but I would keep it in the second slot and transfer wanted photos over from my main card. That way I don't have to worry about deleting extra when it transfer to the phone.

Not sure what you're experiencing regarding low resolution. Is your camera saving jpeg in a higher resolution than what you're getting?

Nah, in my Ricoh GR IV, it's set to RAW only. The Pro X2 supports RAW, but I don't know why it was initially sending over super compressed images. I'm talking 640 x 480... I somehow got it to transfer the full sizes now. We'll see how everything goes when my GR V comes in today.

Anyone interested in a Ricoh GR IV? :lol:

IS THE NIKON D7000 A FULL FRAME CAM??

ALSO CAN I USE MY CURRENT 35MM-50MM LENSES ON IT?

IF SO, BEST BUY IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS HAS THEM ON SALE FOR DIRT LOW AND I MAY NEED TO JUMP ON IT!

IS THE NIKON D7000 A FULL FRAME CAM??

ALSO CAN I USE MY CURRENT 35MM-50MM LENSES ON IT?

IF SO, BEST BUY IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS HAS THEM ON SALE FOR DIRT LOW AND I MAY NEED TO JUMP ON IT!
honestly, depending on the difference in the price cop that D600. I got the D7100 last feb and I wish I woulda splurged for the full frame cam

honestly, depending on the difference in the price cop that D600. I got the D7100 last feb and I wish I woulda splurged for the full frame cam

Well online they go for $629 which is pretty damn good. If anyone is not particular to good video since the D7000 only shoots 30fps, I would get this over the Canon T3i, T4i and T5i. This with a 35mm is perfect.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-d...40mm-vr-lens-black/2071002.p?id=1219068635598

Body on Amazon is $547: Amazon product ASIN B0042X9LC4

I just look back at when I got my 7100 and think now that I should have put up a couple hundred more and gotten full frame. might be trying to live my youth through somebody else lol

Adidas SL Moc Mesa by Trent D., on Flickr

First edit since I got my Macbook and I can already tell my photos are gonna come out much better from an editing standpoint...I just gotta spend some time with the camera and work on my shooting so that I don't necessarily have to edit much.

Back
Top Bottom