The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

just got back from Best Buy and bought the Sports Champion bundle with the playstation move for $50 (minus state tax). I got Best Buy to price match the playstation move's price from Kmart for $50. I've missed out on this deal 3 times now and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on it. Granted there's not much game support for the move, it's something to do from the traditional sitting down to play video games. I also picked up the navigation controller from gamestop for $15 with the promo that gamestop is having "all accessories of the playstation move is 50% off, offer ends October 1st I believe, or as long as supplies last). I might get another move controller in case someone wants to play with me, idk. but for $25 instead of $50, it's not a bad price.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Hyper, I added you!
I'm still confused on what happened to your old account though!
laugh.gif

My power flickered while I was DL'ing the latest firmware update.

I turn my PS3 back on and I have absolutely nothing, its like my HDD was magically erased.

So, I just decided to make a new main account.

I'm not even really mad about the trophies, I was only a level 11, but I'm kinda mad about all the save files that I lost.

Oh well.

Do you live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., New York City or Dallas? Then you may be in luck, since Sony and AMC Theaters are running a promotion surrounding the much-anticipated release of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

According to the AMC promotional website, the fun will occur on October 18th, 19th and 20th. On those dates, you can see the game in action in full 3D, and even have a chance to play the game yourself. AMC and Sony promise "an inside look" at the game's development, a multiplayer-centric tournament, "in-theater gaming" and plenty of giveaways.

Tickets can be purchased for $25. Premium tickets are $60. If you order a premium ticket, FedEx will ship you a copy of the game on October 25th.

Are you in?

Pretty cool, I might go if I have nothing better to do.

I just hope I don't beat the game if they give me a chance to play it because I know its gonna be short as hell.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Hyper, I added you!
I'm still confused on what happened to your old account though!
laugh.gif

My power flickered while I was DL'ing the latest firmware update.

I turn my PS3 back on and I have absolutely nothing, its like my HDD was magically erased.

So, I just decided to make a new main account.

I'm not even really mad about the trophies, I was only a level 11, but I'm kinda mad about all the save files that I lost.

Oh well.

Do you live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., New York City or Dallas? Then you may be in luck, since Sony and AMC Theaters are running a promotion surrounding the much-anticipated release of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

According to the AMC promotional website, the fun will occur on October 18th, 19th and 20th. On those dates, you can see the game in action in full 3D, and even have a chance to play the game yourself. AMC and Sony promise "an inside look" at the game's development, a multiplayer-centric tournament, "in-theater gaming" and plenty of giveaways.

Tickets can be purchased for $25. Premium tickets are $60. If you order a premium ticket, FedEx will ship you a copy of the game on October 25th.

Are you in?

Pretty cool, I might go if I have nothing better to do.

I just hope I don't beat the game if they give me a chance to play it because I know its gonna be short as hell.

@Hyper: so does that mean you aren't going to use your Portman PSN ID no more?
nerd.gif
I think that's the one I have on my list.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Yea, if you have that name on your list, delete it.

I'll send you a FR when I get home from my new account.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Yea, if you have that name on your list, delete it.

I'll send you a FR when I get home from my new account.

BF3 Beta on starting on the 27th & 29th for the rest of us!
No LVL Caps or Rank Limits! It's about to go down!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
This is all I will be playing until Batman drops!
laugh.gif

PO

BF3 Beta on starting on the 27th & 29th for the rest of us!
No LVL Caps or Rank Limits! It's about to go down!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
This is all I will be playing until Batman drops!
laugh.gif

PO

Boost using Barca, why am I not surprised. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Best NHl 12 goal I have seen thus far is playing online against a friend. I tripped him on a breakaway, and he was still able to get a deke off while sliding on his knees. Top corner. Just filthy.

I'll have to check on that uploading.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Best NHl 12 goal I have seen thus far is playing online against a friend. I tripped him on a breakaway, and he was still able to get a deke off while sliding on his knees. Top corner. Just filthy.

I'll have to check on that uploading.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

You're from the USA's 2nd most northern state though.

Start collecting Canadian dollars while you can. Life's going to suck when you have to resort to the barter system once your awful economy collapses.

We'll be building our igloo's, like yea! Collecting Maple Syrup, like yea!
Implying I'm not an expert bargainer.

Anyways, back to games news. FIFA 12 in 2 days
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not being able to buy it until I get my paycheck in 2 weeks
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Word. Playing with a stacked deck right out the gate
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously though, %@+% Barca.

You're from the USA's 2nd most northern state though.

Start collecting Canadian dollars while you can. Life's going to suck when you have to resort to the barter system once your awful economy collapses.

We'll be building our igloo's, like yea! Collecting Maple Syrup, like yea!
Implying I'm not an expert bargainer.

Anyways, back to games news. FIFA 12 in 2 days
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

word. i might just cop fifa 12 the same day i cop mw3 
frown.gif

mad.gif
 at the team selection on the demo tho 

Originally Posted by Noskey

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

word. i might just cop fifa 12 the same day i cop mw3 
frown.gif

mad.gif
 at the team selection on the demo tho 

Via YouTube / Twitter

Full Length BF3 Commecial Revealed

Glorious. Beta in a few days, I can't %@@@!+ wait. KLIQ will rise from the shadows again. 

Via YouTube / Twitter

Full Length BF3 Commecial Revealed

Glorious. Beta in a few days, I can't %@@@!+ wait. KLIQ will rise from the shadows again. 

Via IGN.com

Rage requires 3 discs on Xbox 360, 8GB install on PS3, tolerance from fans
rage5.jpg

Rage will span three discs on Xbox 360 and require an 8GB install on PS3, id Software creative director Tim Willits has confirmed. It was rumored that Rage would have a large install and multiple discs on 360, but it seemed as if id was leaning toward a slim-and-trim two-disc set, stating that a separate multiplayer disc-swap would be "fail." id didn't have to pick a disc number for the PS3 version of Rage, effectively utilizing the Blu-ray drive to hold all of the game's gigs, something that Willits seemed very pleased about:

"Sony was great," Willits said. "Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off. What we were able to do is install all the textures to the highest level. What is nice about the PS3 platform is that it's just one platform. Everyone has one Blu-ray drive, one hard drive, it's all the same. Some of the other systems you have... should I install it on my 360? Should I not install it? So yes, it's very nice."

For 360 versions, Willits said id recommends installing the game to the hard drive, or if you don't have the space for all 22GB, after installing and finishing the first half of the game from disc one, uninstall it, and then install disc two. There isn't a reason to disc-swap after completing the first half, and "you don't really need to install the multiplayer disc if you're really tight on hard disk space," Willits said.

Oh @@*#, the 360 version
roll.gif

Via IGN.com

Rage requires 3 discs on Xbox 360, 8GB install on PS3, tolerance from fans
rage5.jpg

Rage will span three discs on Xbox 360 and require an 8GB install on PS3, id Software creative director Tim Willits has confirmed. It was rumored that Rage would have a large install and multiple discs on 360, but it seemed as if id was leaning toward a slim-and-trim two-disc set, stating that a separate multiplayer disc-swap would be "fail." id didn't have to pick a disc number for the PS3 version of Rage, effectively utilizing the Blu-ray drive to hold all of the game's gigs, something that Willits seemed very pleased about:

"Sony was great," Willits said. "Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off. What we were able to do is install all the textures to the highest level. What is nice about the PS3 platform is that it's just one platform. Everyone has one Blu-ray drive, one hard drive, it's all the same. Some of the other systems you have... should I install it on my 360? Should I not install it? So yes, it's very nice."

For 360 versions, Willits said id recommends installing the game to the hard drive, or if you don't have the space for all 22GB, after installing and finishing the first half of the game from disc one, uninstall it, and then install disc two. There isn't a reason to disc-swap after completing the first half, and "you don't really need to install the multiplayer disc if you're really tight on hard disk space," Willits said.

Oh @@*#, the 360 version
roll.gif

I love how last page I said I hate trading stuff in, and today I unload 8 games to CrapStop.
Ended up getting $170, which isn't too bad, I guess.

They have a pretty weird trade in deal going on right now.

You basically trade something in, buy something used (game or accessory) and you instantly get 50% more trade in value.

Like, you can trade $100 worth of stuff in, buy a $1 PS2 game with the credit and you instantly get $50 more.

You could even return the game or w/e you bought right after the transaction if you wanted to, 
laugh.gif

Mind was blown when the girl told me that.

I love how last page I said I hate trading stuff in, and today I unload 8 games to CrapStop.
Ended up getting $170, which isn't too bad, I guess.

They have a pretty weird trade in deal going on right now.

You basically trade something in, buy something used (game or accessory) and you instantly get 50% more trade in value.

Like, you can trade $100 worth of stuff in, buy a $1 PS2 game with the credit and you instantly get $50 more.

You could even return the game or w/e you bought right after the transaction if you wanted to, 
laugh.gif

Mind was blown when the girl told me that.

Back
Top Bottom