The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Via YouTube

Eight-year-old Noah brings the pain to pro players at EVO 2011

Son handed out a quick %!+ whoopin
laugh.gif

Via Joystiq

Rumor: A Mirror's Edge sequel could get cooler with Frostbite 2 engine
mirrorsedge.jpg

The Mirror's Edge and Battlefield franchises are related through more than developer-publisher relations -- they're poised to share digital DNA. If it is made, a sequel to Mirror's Edge may use Battlefield 3's Frostbite 2 engine, according to Official PlayStation Magazine, which writes, "The Frostbite 2 engine will pave the way for Mirror's Edge to make a free-running return."

We don't know much more about the potential sequel or OPM's "inside whispers," besides the fact that Mirror's Edge is an "important franchise" to EA. We may have to wait until EA and DICE stop coddling Battlefield 3 for confirmation of another game or details about its engine. For now, dreaming about free-running on Frostbite 2 will have to tide us over. Mmmm...

Anybody actually play the first one? The demo was dope, but that's as far as I got.

Via Joystiq

mirrorsedge.jpg

The Mirror's Edge and Battlefield franchises are related through more than developer-publisher relations -- they're poised to share digital DNA. If it is made, a sequel to Mirror's Edge may use Battlefield 3's Frostbite 2 engine, according to Official PlayStation Magazine, which writes, "The Frostbite 2 engine will pave the way for Mirror's Edge to make a free-running return."

We don't know much more about the potential sequel or OPM's "inside whispers," besides the fact that Mirror's Edge is an "important franchise" to EA. We may have to wait until EA and DICE stop coddling Battlefield 3 for confirmation of another game or details about its engine. For now, dreaming about free-running on Frostbite 2 will have to tide us over. Mmmm...

Anybody actually play the first one? The demo was dope, but that's as far as I got.

Via YouTube

New Soul Calibur V Footage

Please, make it stop Namco. Forget the soul, my eyes still burn. 

Via YouTube

New Soul Calibur V Footage

Please, make it stop Namco. Forget the soul, my eyes still burn. 

Via Playstationlifestyle.net

Gran Turismo 5′s Mid-Race Saves Still “Under Developmentâ€

Via Playstationlifestyle.net

Gran Turismo 5′s Mid-Race Saves Still “Under Developmentâ€

Via andriasang.com

PlayStation Vita CPU Manufactured by Samsung
feature-Vita.png

The hardware specifications of the PlayStation Vita have been a popular topic in the news this week. Earlier, we reported on a possible confirmation that the PS Vita has had its RAM reduced. Today, there is news about the PS Vita’s CPU, but don’t worry, it is still intact. Here’s a hint: it involves Moore’s Law.

The Semiconductor Industry News announced that Samsung will be manufacturing the CPU for the Vita using a 45 nm manufacturing process. The 45 nm process means that the processor uses transistors that are 45 nanometers, or .000000045 meters long. These type of devices are well established, as 45 nm processed devices started appearing in products in 2007 and 2008. The original PlayStation 3 had processors that weren’t manufactured with the 45 nm process, but the Cell Broadband Engine in the PS3 slim was manufactured using the 45 nm process. Intel has developed a new 32 nm manufacturing process, but processors retail for around $900, so it is reasonable that Sony would decide to pass on the technology.

Via andriasang.com

PlayStation Vita CPU Manufactured by Samsung
feature-Vita.png

The hardware specifications of the PlayStation Vita have been a popular topic in the news this week. Earlier, we reported on a possible confirmation that the PS Vita has had its RAM reduced. Today, there is news about the PS Vita’s CPU, but don’t worry, it is still intact. Here’s a hint: it involves Moore’s Law.

The Semiconductor Industry News announced that Samsung will be manufacturing the CPU for the Vita using a 45 nm manufacturing process. The 45 nm process means that the processor uses transistors that are 45 nanometers, or .000000045 meters long. These type of devices are well established, as 45 nm processed devices started appearing in products in 2007 and 2008. The original PlayStation 3 had processors that weren’t manufactured with the 45 nm process, but the Cell Broadband Engine in the PS3 slim was manufactured using the 45 nm process. Intel has developed a new 32 nm manufacturing process, but processors retail for around $900, so it is reasonable that Sony would decide to pass on the technology.

Via PlaystationLifeystyle.net

Vita Receives Full RPG Support From Idea Factory and Compile Heart
Hyperdimension-Neptunia-MK2-feature.jpg

Idea Factory and Compile Heart are currently hard at work on the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, but it has now been revealed that they are also planning some titles for the PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS.

Idea Factory and Compile Heart are currently hard at work on the PlayStation 3 exclusive, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, but it has now been revealed that they are also planning some titles for the PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS.

Crytek Working on a New Shooter IP, Canceled a 3rd Person Shooter
Crytek-feature.jpg

After releasing the commercially and critically successful Crysis 2, developer Crytek has begun work on a new shooter IP, after cancelling development on a 3rd person shooter.
Spotted by internet sleuth Superannuation, the LinkedIn profile of David Ramos, Gameplay/Animation Programmer at Crytek GmbH, revealed the new game:
New IP, shooter genre, TBA title for Xbox360, PS3 and PC (1 year)
- Implementation of several core gameplay mechanics architectures
- Main animation programmer at game code level
- Refactored the code handling the input for aiming to drastically improve its feeling
- General optimization tasks for consoles at game code level
- Co-designed many of the project game mechanics

New IP, third person shooter genre, cancelled title for Xbox360,PS3 and PC (half a year)
- Responsible of maintaining most of the animation-related functionality

Additionally, the CV of Dimitry Kachkovski names the canceled game as Redemption.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that Crysis 3 isn’t in development, or that Timesplitters isn’t being worked onby their UK studio, but it’s great to see that Crytek are still looking to bring out a new IP in this console cycle.

Crytek Working on a New Shooter IP, Canceled a 3rd Person Shooter
Crytek-feature.jpg

After releasing the commercially and critically successful Crysis 2, developer Crytek has begun work on a new shooter IP, after cancelling development on a 3rd person shooter.
Spotted by internet sleuth Superannuation, the LinkedIn profile of David Ramos, Gameplay/Animation Programmer at Crytek GmbH, revealed the new game:
New IP, shooter genre, TBA title for Xbox360, PS3 and PC (1 year)
- Implementation of several core gameplay mechanics architectures
- Main animation programmer at game code level
- Refactored the code handling the input for aiming to drastically improve its feeling
- General optimization tasks for consoles at game code level
- Co-designed many of the project game mechanics

New IP, third person shooter genre, cancelled title for Xbox360,PS3 and PC (half a year)
- Responsible of maintaining most of the animation-related functionality

Additionally, the CV of Dimitry Kachkovski names the canceled game as Redemption.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that Crysis 3 isn’t in development, or that Timesplitters isn’t being worked onby their UK studio, but it’s great to see that Crytek are still looking to bring out a new IP in this console cycle.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

If HBO Go ever made it onto PS3 it'll be game over.

And the ESPN app that Xbox has too
30t6p3b.gif
app is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. The PS3 OS is functioning really well these days. Almost like it better than Xbox's.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

If HBO Go ever made it onto PS3 it'll be game over.

And the ESPN app that Xbox has too
30t6p3b.gif
app is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. The PS3 OS is functioning really well these days. Almost like it better than Xbox's.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

This right here is reason enough for me to pre-order a Vita. (Like trophy support wasn't enough 
laugh.gif
)
Comprise and Idea co-developed both Record of Agarest War's. They know how to make a classic SJRPG. 
pimp.gif

This right here is reason enough for me to pre-order a Vita. (Like trophy support wasn't enough 
laugh.gif
)
Comprise and Idea co-developed both Record of Agarest War's. They know how to make a classic SJRPG. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PO2345

^
No. Just referencing what games people have acquired Platinum trophies on, with #1 being the game on most PSN user's trophy list.

(EX: Uncharted 1 = 15000 PSN Players have acquired Platinum. )

I'm not sure if I'm confusing or not?
laugh.gif

PO
I cant find anything, but I am sure Sony has those stats.
Closest I can find is www.yourgamercards.com 

Go to games, then search a game. Then each trophy has a description of how many people (who have signed up at YGC) have earned that trophy. Again. not everyone that owns a PS3, and the results are not a good represntation of the average, as most people who sign up would be a little more hardcore about trophies, thus, more would try to platinum games.

For example

inFAMOUS 2 Platinum Trophy
Collect all other inFAMOUS 2 Trophies
6,657 of 21,037 (31.70%) users, have earned this trophy.
Estimated Difficulty: Hard

Another good list is on www/ps3trophies.org It lists from easiest to most difficult. (scale from 1 -10) 

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/93140-collected-trophy-difficulty-ratings.html

^
No. Just referencing what games people have acquired Platinum trophies on, with #1 being the game on most PSN user's trophy list.

(EX: Uncharted 1 = 15000 PSN Players have acquired Platinum. )

I'm not sure if I'm confusing or not?
laugh.gif

PO
I cant find anything, but I am sure Sony has those stats.
Closest I can find is www.yourgamercards.com 

Go to games, then search a game. Then each trophy has a description of how many people (who have signed up at YGC) have earned that trophy. Again. not everyone that owns a PS3, and the results are not a good represntation of the average, as most people who sign up would be a little more hardcore about trophies, thus, more would try to platinum games.

For example

inFAMOUS 2 Platinum Trophy
Collect all other inFAMOUS 2 Trophies
6,657 of 21,037 (31.70%) users, have earned this trophy.
Estimated Difficulty: Hard

Another good list is on www/ps3trophies.org It lists from easiest to most difficult. (scale from 1 -10) 

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/93140-collected-trophy-difficulty-ratings.html

Via Joystiq

mirrorsedge.jpg

Ive been looking forward to a sequel to Mirrors Edge. One of my favorite games of this era, a true breath of fresh air
pimp.gif

Via Joystiq

mirrorsedge.jpg

Ive been looking forward to a sequel to Mirrors Edge. One of my favorite games of this era, a true breath of fresh air
pimp.gif

Nah, inFamous 2 is not GOTY.

Way too repetitive. I beat it on the "Good" ending and I have no desire to play it again.

Nah, inFamous 2 is not GOTY.

Way too repetitive. I beat it on the "Good" ending and I have no desire to play it again.

Infamous 2 = 100% Completion = Just now!
pimp.gif

ProShares, what you stuck with? I don't mind helping. I'm sure I can help you find something on Google or a forum in regards to assistance. PM me.

Also does anyone if there is a list somewhere that shows the top Platinum trophies achieved for PSN users worldwide? Just wondering.

PO

There's one in the Historic District I think that's high up on a silo with no buildings around where you can use the Thrusters to hover over and nothing to grip to climb up.  Really pissing me off
laugh.gif
.  I tried ps3trophes, gamercards, YT I'm running out of patience.

Infamous 2 = 100% Completion = Just now!
pimp.gif

ProShares, what you stuck with? I don't mind helping. I'm sure I can help you find something on Google or a forum in regards to assistance. PM me.

Also does anyone if there is a list somewhere that shows the top Platinum trophies achieved for PSN users worldwide? Just wondering.

PO

There's one in the Historic District I think that's high up on a silo with no buildings around where you can use the Thrusters to hover over and nothing to grip to climb up.  Really pissing me off
laugh.gif
.  I tried ps3trophes, gamercards, YT I'm running out of patience.

Back
Top Bottom