The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Finished Transformers: Fall of Cybertron this afternoon. Great story and great level design that hugely benefited from the removal of co-op play. My only drawback was the ending. We know what's going to happen next, but it left me feeling empty. Not as bad as ME 3 before the DLC, but bad nonetheless.

You guys think Capcom would ever come out with Onimusha for the next gen consoles?

Man I been contemplating buying a ps2 again just for onimusha and nba street 2. Thought it was just me. Glad to hear people still like the game

i would think at this stage of the 3's cycle it would have been announced by now in order to get ppl hyped for a renewed franchise.  maybe next gen.  tenchu too while they're at it.

Whatever happened to Shenmue 1 & 2 getting the HD treatment?

I started playing FF XIII last month but stopped playing. I got stuck on a mission I couldn't beat and was too lazy to power up my characters until I could beat it. Maybe i'll try again when I have time. I gotta say that the characters and story are so lame :x. Not sure if I'll check out the sequels.

Man I just looked up the requirements to plat MGS4.

You have to play the game a minimum of 8 times to get certain emblems.

Examples of some of the emblems you need for the platinum:
1. Big Boss Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on the highest difficulty (The Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5 hours.
See "3.0: BIG BOSS EMBLEM PLAYTHROUGH TIPS".

2. Fox Hound Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Big Boss Hard or higher w/ no deaths, 3 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5.5 hours.

3. Fox Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Solid Normal or higher w/ no deaths, 5 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 6 hours.

4. Hound Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Naked Normal or higher w/ no deaths, 3 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 6.5 hours.

5. Mantis Emblem (Completion)
Finish the game with no alerts activated, no continues, no rations, noodles or regains used and in under 5 hours.

6. Wolf Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game with no continues and no rations, regains, or noodles used.
eek.gif
sick.gif

A few people have platinumed the game already, props to them because I doubt I'll be doing it.
laugh.gif

I started playing FF XIII last month but stopped playing. I got stuck on a mission I couldn't beat and was too lazy to power up my characters until I could beat it. Maybe i'll try again when I have time. I gotta say that the characters and story are so lame :x. Not sure if I'll check out the sequels.

General consensus is FF XIII is boring until you finish the main story and XIII-2 was an improvement.

Hey Canadians

Futureshop is have a sale. Preorder any new up coming game and get a 10 dollar discount.

Borderlands 2 plus steelbook and DLC - 49.99
Persona 4 vita - 29.99
and it goes on and on, sale ends on the 6th i believe

:wow: :x

A few people have platinumed the game already, props to them because I doubt I'll be doing it. :lol:

:smh: Got the big boss emblem before the patch, don't know if i'm up for another one since it was HUGE female dog to get it in the first place, The hardest part was when you are ontop of drebins vehicle and those zombies try to get you, if drebin runs over those guys they count as deaths, i dunno how i even passed that part, i assure you it wasn't skill, sheer LUCK

Both games have been converted and completed in HD i think over a year ago. Sega is the only hold up, they haven't hinted on a release

Sega needs to quit playin and make it happen. I havent played Shenmue 2 since I didnt have an XBox. Loved Shenmue on my Dreamcast. I was mean wheelin that forklift around. :lol:

But w/ BOps2, GTA V, and MTS:GZ. I'm ready

Props to you dhart for getting the Big Boss emblem, that must've been a pain.

Any of y'all getting Tekken Tag Tournament 2 when it drops next Tuesday?

Last edited:
$180 for 160gb system + 2 controllers worth it? Thinking about replacing my old 60gb.
Depends.

Is your 60 GB PS3 still working?

I assume it's backward's compatible, if it's still working you should hold on to it if you still play PS2 games.

If your considering getting the 160 GB because of the additional hard drive space you could just buy a bigger hard drive for you 60 GB and install it.

If none of this applies to you, then that deal is a good one, assuming they're no problems with the 160 GB system.

yea im keeping my 60gb for sure, its actually being repaired at the moment. But when i get it back i just don't want to put it through vigorous hours of play again IF it can be fixed. Thnx for the feedback.

Has anyone played metal gear on Nintendo? I really want to lol.

Havnet played anything in a looong time. Between the MGS hd collection and the ratchet and clank hd collection Im gonna be good for a year. Maybe stop for the last of us

yea im keeping my 60gb for sure, its actually being repaired at the moment. But when i get it back i just don't want to put it through vigorous hours of play again IF it can be fixed. Thnx for the feedback.

Keep the 60. I threw a 500GB hard drive in there last year, and it's like a brand new console.

My own concern with MGS: GZ being multiplatform is will the PS3 get the short end of the stick graphically and sonically like other MP games.
Will this demo was made on PC using artifacts similar to the PS3 architect Kojima said, so I'm pretty positive this will be made on PS3, ported to 360. How many disc, well... :lol:

1. Big Boss Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on the highest difficulty (The Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5 hours.

2. Fox Hound Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Big Boss Hard or higher w/ no deaths, 3 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5.5 hours.

3. Fox Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Solid Normal or higher w/ no deaths, 5 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 6 hours.

4. Hound Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game on Naked Normal or higher w/ no deaths, 3 or less alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 6.5 hours.

5. Mantis Emblem (Completion)
Finish the game with no alerts activated, no continues, no rations, noodles or regains used and in under 5 hours.

6. Wolf Emblem (Completion)
Beat the game with no continues and no rations, regains, or noodles used.
eek.gif
sick.gif

A few people have platinumed the game already, props to them because I doubt I'll be doing it.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom