The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Played the Beyond Two Souls demo a couple of times

The controls take some getting use to, especially the fighting (had to redo the training exercise several times before I got the hang of it), but overall I enjoyed the demo.

Last edited:

The controls take some getting use to, especially the fighting (had to redo the training exercise several times before I got the hang of it), but overall I enjoyed the demo.
Is the gameplay similar to Heavy Rain at all? Gonna pick it come on the 8th.

Is the gameplay similar to Heavy Rain at all? Gonna pick it come on the 8th.
Yep.

Beyond is made my by Quantic Dream, the same people who made Heavy Rain so the gameplay and controls are similar.

Slight difference is rely on the Right Stick more in Beyond, especially for fighting sequences.

Beat the story in FFXIV. Last dungeon was crazy!

How long did it take you to complete?
Not looking to pay a sub fee for long if I pick the game up.

There are a couple of dents and scratches on my PS3 and it's kinda bugging me. Do you guys think it's worth it to get a replacement shell or should I just deal with it?
Just deal with it I'll say or find a cheap slim.

Yep.

Beyond is made my by Quantic Dream, the same people who made Heavy Rain so the gameplay and controls are similar.

Slight difference is rely on the Right Stick more in Beyond, especially for fighting sequences.

And you've also got Aiden

Didnt take me long. You can easily do it in a month if you play a few hours a night. I had a friend Fate grind 2 jobs to 50 in the time it took me to get to 50, but I used quests to level, which give you more of the story.

Im subscribing for sure.

Just played BF4 beta. So far I haven't noticed any major changes, not necessarily a bad thing though. Just seems like maybe it moves a tad bit faster. Not sure if it's worth $60 if you already own BF3. I'm probably gonna hold out til black friday.

Paid about $65 dollars for a game just to chill in a barbershop, reenacting scenes from Barbershop...

classic Mo & Nino...the boys are back in town!!!

:smokin

'Sleeping Dogs Universe' Sequel Triad Wars in Development
United Front revealing more next year.
by Mitch Dyer OCTOBER 7, 2013
United Front Games, developer of the wonderful Sleeping Dogs, has confirmed development of some sort of sequel "based in the Sleeping Dogs universe."

The developer addressed rumors of a trademark registration for Triad Wars, which is "something we've wanted to do for ages." Square-Enix will publish the follow up, which we'll learn more about in 2014.

Sleeping Dogs sold nearly 2 million copies, which the publisher quantified as a failure. At IGN, we consider it one of gaming's best stories. Check out our review.

SD is very underrated. The storyline's more immersive and compelling than GTA5... The action sequences in SD > GTA. I have no desire to replay GTAV after beating it at all.

Last edited:
Although I havent tried GTA V yet, Id agree. I havent finished a GTA since SA, but I wasnt able to put down Sleeping Dogs until I finished it.

Got bored of sleeping down pretty fast but im also over GTA already, I guess im not into those kind of games.

Now final fantasy 14, i cant put that game down. Just paid 40USD for 3 months of membership partly to obtain the special mount. I thought i would be kind of unique with that mount, but it seems like everyone signed up for the 3 month membership haha

[h1]Beyond: Two Souls – reviews for Quantic Dream’s latest arrive, get all the scores here[/h1]
Beyond: Two Souls is the latest high-profile release from Dave Cage and his team at Quantic Dream, and today, the embargo has lifted on reviews. We’ve round up a few scores to get you started below.

beyond-two-souls-headert-reviews.png

Here’s the scores – which are all over the place:

Polygon – 8
CVG – 6
Eurogamer – 6
God is a Geek – 9
Destructiod – 5
Edge – 5
Gamechump -7.5
OPM – 8
Joystiq – 2.5/5
VentureBeat – 88/100
Gameranx – 3
GameFront – 55/100
New York Times – No Score
GamingBolt – 8
Electronic Theatre – 84/100
VideoGamer – 4
Next-Gen Gaming Blog – 9
Shacknews – 5
Neoseeker – 9
The Verge – No Score
ShopTo – No score
IGN – 6
Kotaku – Yes
Digital Spy – 5/5
Gamersyde – No Score
PSU- 9.5
Gamespot -9
Toronto Sun – 80/100
Game Informer – 7.75
Metro – 4
Meristation – 8.3
Gamer.no – 7
Canadian Online Gamers – 75/100
PlayStation Lifestyle – 8.5
Inside Games – 90/100

Seems like this game is a hit or miss with the critics

Last edited:
Was just coming here to comment on how the reviews for Beyond Two Souls are all over the place.
laugh.gif

Here's the video reviews for IGN (6.0/10), Gamespot (9/10), and Rev3Games (5/5)

Still plan on picking the game up eventually.

smokin.gif

'Sleeping Dogs Universe' Sequel Triad Wars in Development
United Front revealing more next year.
by Mitch Dyer OCTOBER 7, 2013
United Front Games, developer of the wonderful Sleeping Dogs, has confirmed development of some sort of sequel "based in the Sleeping Dogs universe."

The developer addressed rumors of a trademark registration for Triad Wars, which is "something we've wanted to do for ages." Square-Enix will publish the follow up, which we'll learn more about in 2014.

Sleeping Dogs sold nearly 2 million copies, which the publisher quantified as a failure. At IGN, we consider it one of gaming's best stories. Check out our review.
Yes.
nthat.gif

Loved me some Sleeping Dogs.
smokin.gif

Heavy Rain had mixed reviews as well, and I loved it(and Indigo Prophecy before it, minus that Matrix part towards the end). I'll be grabbing this one for sure.

Watching the 30 minute IGN "Let's Play" of Beyond: Two Souls. I like how it looks, Ill pick it up down the line here.

Final Fantasy XIV has really threw a wrench in my plans. These are the games I have yet to pick up that I had planned to...

KH 1.5
Splinter Cell
NFS Most Wanted
Remember Me
Deadpool
Puppeteer
Rayman Legends
Diablo 3
Metro
Family Guy
Beyond

:smh: and still probably missing a couple.

Can't wait for the new Ratchet and Clank.

Rayman Legends is a blast as well. It has messed up my sleep pattern. For anyone getting it on Vita, buy it now if you're a trophy hunter.

And finally my patience has paid off. Malicious Rebirth out of nowhere coming out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom