The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

A 1 year PS+ membership is going to be on sale for $29.99 on Black Friday at Gamestop.

If they sell out or if you don't want to deal with Gamestop just go to Best Buy and have them price match it or I'm pretty sure Amazon will be offering the same deal.

Heck it's even worth it to get 2 years worth for $60.

Im fairly sure that you cant access a download PS+ game on a different account, though I may be wrong. You have to be signed in under the account that is tied to PS+. PS+ is tied to not only the username, but also the system. I think you are able to have 1 PS3 and one Vita tied to a PS+ account at a time. So I dont believe its possible for you to use his free games.

As for buying content using PS+, as long as the content wasnt free, you will still have access to it once your subscription lapses. Its just the free games that you can no longer access. If you got a deal using PS+, that deal is still valid without PS+.

A 1 year PS+ membership is going to be on sale for $29.99 on Black Friday at Gamestop.

If they sell out or if you don't want to deal with Gamestop just go to Best Buy and have them price match it or I'm pretty sure Amazon will be offering the same deal.

I made note of that when you first awared me of this.

I'm def. copping two years...if possible.
Im fairly sure that you cant access a download PS+ game on a different account, though I may be wrong. You have to be signed in under the account that is tied to PS+. PS+ is tied to not only the username, but also the system. I think you are able to have 1 PS3 and one Vita tied to a PS+ account at a time. So I dont believe its possible for you to use his free games.

As for buying content using PS+, as long as the content wasnt free, you will still have access to it once your subscription lapses. Its just the free games that you can no longer access. If you got a deal using PS+, that deal is still valid without PS+.
I get what you're saying, but my bro doesn't have a ps3.

He'll have a ps4 and I'll have the ps3.

Basically, I'd just like to know if I can take advantage of his ps+ ps3 benefits since he won't be using them.

Couple options...

First, you can data transfer from one to the other using an ethernet cable.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/transferutility.html

I had two PS3's for the longest time. One in my living area; one in my room. Hopefully you have a router so you can access the internet from each wirelessly without problems.

I basically just used one for Netflix and blurays (room) and one for gaming but you can do either. If you plan on gaming on both. PS+ may be a good option, as it allows cloud saves. You can play a game like GTA on one PS3, save your game to the cloud save function, then resume playing from that spot even if you switch machines.

Thanks. A couple more questions.
In order to play on one I would have to sign out the other before?
I also read that you are only allowed to have 2 ps3s on one account. If one breaks can I purchase another one and use my account to get my content back. Or am I screwed out of it? If so then should I not have both under my account just in case this happens?

I made note of that when you first awared me of this.
I'm def. copping two years...if possible.

I get what you're saying, but my bro doesn't have a ps3.
He'll have a ps4 and I'll have the ps3.
Basically, I'd just like to know if I can take advantage of his ps+ ps3 benefits since he won't be using them.

Right... I would have to guess the PS4 will be treated as a separate unit, as the PS3 and Vita are.However, without you being under his account name, I dont think you can access the games.

Now if you use his account on your PS3, most likely youd be able to access his games. May be something you have to wait to see though.

Couple options...

First, you can data transfer from one to the other using an ethernet cable.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/transferutility.html

I had two PS3's for the longest time. One in my living area; one in my room. Hopefully you have a router so you can access the internet from each wirelessly without problems.

I basically just used one for Netflix and blurays (room) and one for gaming but you can do either. If you plan on gaming on both. PS+ may be a good option, as it allows cloud saves. You can play a game like GTA on one PS3, save your game to the cloud save function, then resume playing from that spot even if you switch machines.

Thanks. A couple more questions.
In order to play on one I would have to sign out the other before?
I also read that you are only allowed to have 2 ps3s on one account. If one breaks can I purchase another one and use my account to get my content back. Or am I screwed out of it? If so then should I not have both under my account just in case this happens?

You are correct, only two consoles can be active on one account. If you lose one or one breaks, you just have to deactivate that console from your account.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2616

And you can only have one console running your account at a time. There seems to be some people that say you can and some you cant, but I have tried and what always ends up happening is the console you signed in with first usually signs out as soon as you sign in with the second console. You can have your account on two PS3, just cant be logged in simultaneously.

PS4 will lock games to your account.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10...-psn-games-to-your-account-on-other-consoles/

iYen, PS+ sharing seems to be different than just regular game sharing on PS3. While you can game share with your other console, it looks as though PS+ locks you to 1 PS3, 1 PSVita, and I imagine one PS4. If you are cool with playing under his account on your PS3, then it should be fine, but you will not be able to download games using his account than switch over to yours and play them.

Again, there is no real solid answer I am finding directly from Sony on this, but rather several people posting the same information from personal experience.

You are correct, only two consoles can be active on one account. If you lose one or one breaks, you just have to deactivate that console from your account.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2616

And you can only have one console running your account at a time. There seems to be some people that say you can and some you cant, but I have tried and what always ends up happening is the console you signed in with first usually signs out as soon as you sign in with the second console. You can have your account on two PS3, just cant be logged in simultaneously.

Thanks for the help. Repped

PS4 will lock games to your account.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10...-psn-games-to-your-account-on-other-consoles/

iYen, PS+ sharing seems to be different than just regular game sharing on PS3. While you can game share with your other console, it looks as though PS+ locks you to 1 PS3, 1 PSVita, and I imagine one PS4. If you are cool with playing under his account on your PS3, then it should be fine, but you will not be able to download games using his account than switch over to yours and play them.

Again, there is no real solid answer I am finding directly from Sony on this, but rather several people posting the same information from personal experience.
Thanks for the help!

Just to clarify, I'm not saying empirestrikesfirst is wrong because the way PSN / PS+ works is a tad bit confusing for some and even myself but this is from my own experience.

I have a PS+ account and my friend doesn't

He's able to access all of my PS+ freebies with his own PS3 and is able to use said content under his own PSN user id.

He was able to log onto my PSN account with his own PS3 to download Battlefield 3 when it was free on the IGC (Instant Gaming Collection) then afterwards he would log onto his own PSN account and we're able to play BF3 together online.

He also bought the season pass to Black Ops 2 under his account and I have access to it as well using said method above but in reversed roles.

Both of our accounts are only activated on two devices which would be his PS3 and my PS3. We haven't expanded further than that so I don't know how it would work when more devices get added to the accounts.

Also note that the same account cannot be logged on twice.

But I would assume things would be the same if you plan on just having the PS+ account tied to one ps3 and one ps4.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much trying to break it down lol.

Last edited:
^^^ Thats how it works for me. My brother and i share my PS+ membership with no problems.

Empire have you obtained any Relic items yet?

Just to clarify, I'm not saying empirestrikesfirst is wrong because the way PSN / PS+ works is a tad bit confusing for some and even myself but this is from my own experience.

I have a PS+ account and my friend doesn't

He's able to access all of my PS+ freebies with his own PS3 and is able to use said content under his own PSN user id.

He was able to log onto my PSN account with his own PS3 to download Battlefield 3 when it was free on the IGC (Instant Gaming Collection) then afterwards he would log onto his own PSN account and we're able to play BF3 together online.

He also bought the season pass to Black Ops 2 under his account and I have access to it as well using said method above but in reversed roles.

Both of our accounts are only activated on two devices which would be his PS3 and my PS3. We haven't expanded further than that so I don't know how it would work when more devices get added to the accounts.

Also note that the same account cannot be logged on twice.

But I would assume things would be the same if you plan on just having the PS+ account tied to one ps3 and one ps4.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much trying to break it down lol.
Thanks for the info.

What you do on the ps3 is the exact same thing that I do with my bro on the 360.

Oh right on. From what I was reading people were saying it wasnt possible. Good to know it can be done.

We'll have to keep and eye out and see if it is something Sony will change going into next gen. By the sounds of it doesnt look like it though.

^^^ Thats how it works for me. My brother and i share my PS+ membership with no problems.

Empire have you obtained any Relic items yet?

Are there more relic items other than your weapon?

I dont even have that. I hit 50, then proceeded to run CM to get Tomes of Philosophy. I got my Darklight belt and chest, then did Ifrit Hardmode 20 times to finally get my Ifrit weapon. Now that Wanderer's Palace is offering Tomes of Mythology, I've been running it to finish off Darklight armour while working on my Mythology accessories at the same time. I need full Darklight at least to attempt Garuda HM.

Kind of wish I wasnt a tank... DPS is much easier and you dont have to be geared. I have a friend who has his Garuda weapon and still has half his quest gear equipped. I tried Garuda with half darklight armour and I just cant pull enough aggro with low gear.

I also looked at the requirements for your relic weapon... damn. You need to fight all three primals in hardmode (1 step of the 24141241 :lol:), so I just decided to wait until I gear myself that far.

So first I lost my character on GTA, which sucked. I wasn't that high of a level, so I wasn't too hurt about it. I make another character and get back to where I was. I get on for the first time in a week, download the update for GTA, and now my friend's list is gone. >:

10/10

Hilarious to me that Rockstar gets a free pass from the general public for this.

If MP had released with the game itd have given the overall score a hit. So they separate it and release it weeks later, completely broken.

10/10

Hilarious to me that Rockstar gets a free pass from the general public for this.

If MP had released with the game itd have given the overall score a hit. So they separate it and release it weeks later, completely broken.

For real. We've been beta testing this thing, simple and plain.

Are there more relic items other than your weapon?

I dont even have that. I hit 50, then proceeded to run CM to get Tomes of Philosophy. I got my Darklight belt and chest, then did Ifrit Hardmode 20 times to finally get my Ifrit weapon. Now that Wanderer's Palace is offering Tomes of Mythology, I've been running it to finish off Darklight armour while working on my Mythology accessories at the same time. I need full Darklight at least to attempt Garuda HM.

Kind of wish I wasnt a tank... DPS is much easier and you dont have to be geared. I have a friend who has his Garuda weapon and still has half his quest gear equipped. I tried Garuda with half darklight armour and I just cant pull enough aggro with low gear.

I also looked at the requirements for your relic weapon... damn. You need to fight all three primals in hardmode (1 step of the 24141241 :lol:), so I just decided to wait until I gear myself that far.

Im level 50 and completed the main story line and have two dungeon left to complete. My Gear is level 55 (Relic weapon stage 1 is lvl 70 and stage 2 is lvl 90)

I have not done any of the relic quest yet, but i thought you can get relic weapons and relic armour.

Is ifrit on hard mode really that hard? I dont even want to think about faceing Garuda on hard mode because on Normal mode it took me about 10 tries.

Ifrit is easy peasy. Hardest job is the tank needed to stun during a specific move. If you are DPS, all you need to do is deal damage, kill the nails when they appear, and avoid Ifrit when he does a dash move.

Honestly, go through the fight once or watch it on youtube and its a cake walk. Drop rate for your weapon can suck though... but its like a 12 minute fight max. Garuda on the other hand....

How did you get your relic weapon already?

Last edited:
Ill start working on the ifrit primal tonight. Tank class looked like alot of fun in the beginning, but once i got all the skills for the summoner i think he is best overall

O i dont have a relic weapon yet, i have the best weapon from the immortal flames.

Ohhh okay.

I think overall the black mage is the easiest/strongest character to play as. Id have like to roll dragoon or summoner though.

Really hope thye impliment new classes like Ninja, Thief, Dark Knight, Samurai, Calculator, ect.

Oh right on. From what I was reading people were saying it wasnt possible. Good to know it can be done.

We'll have to keep and eye out and see if it is something Sony will change going into next gen. By the sounds of it doesnt look like it though.
Missed the times when we were able to do this on 5 consoles but I guess people abused it to the max where it caused Sony to limit it to 2 now.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom