The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Via vg247.com

Metal Gear Solid 5 ‘will launch Summer 2013 at the earliest’, says mo-cap actor
MGS-5.jpg

In an interview with Silent Haven, Bossic discussed his recent work with Kojima Productions, “My past motion capture session was for an upcoming Metal Gear game, I will be back with Kojima again in the fall, and maybe other sessions. This title is a long way off.”

When asked which Metal Gear project he was working on, Bossic added, “I am working on a future metal gear, not to be released until next year summer at the earliest, if not later then that. Im doing motion capture only.”

“I can 100% say my voice will not be involved in this. I dont even know what the title is, they are all very secretive and sometimes even the scenes I act out I dont even know the full story, because they want to keep it secret.2

“I suppose it is fine to mention I am working on it, everybody knows Kojima is making something now, and I posted the photo on my page here with him. The only thing is that I cant ever answer any questions about it or talk about, not for sometime.”
NO ******* WAY :wow:

PS3 will go out with a bang, since the PS4 is launching next fall.

:wow: :wow: Can't Wait.

Last edited:
i know cs:go is worth it for pc.  But is it worth it for ps3 if i already got it for pc?

Via Joystiq.com

DOA5 lead: Japanese view of women in games 'not going to change'
doa5.jpg

The Dead or Alive franchise is notorious for its blatant emphasis on sexy female fighters in tiny, physics-defying outfits – in the western world, at least. In Japan, this form of female representation is "common sense," Team Ninja's Yosuke Hayashi tells MCV.

"With the representation of female characters in the Dead or Alive franchise, we've always wanted to make the girls look as attractive as possible, and that's something that's not going to change for us at all," Hayashi says. "We are a Japanese developer, and we're making the female characters with our common sense and our creative sense. When you take that to countries outside of Japan, it tends to be very misinterpreted in some cases, people considering it sexist or derogatory, etc."

In February, Hayashi said Team Ninja would attempt to shift focus in Dead or Alive 5 away from sex and violence, heading instead in "a direction that contains emotional experiences that can move players." It's entirely possible that Hayashi was pandering to western sensibilities with that statement, but it's also possible he plans to combine deep, emotional experiences with sex-infused character models. There's nothing immoral in making beautiful things, as Hayashi sees it.

"For us, within our culture, we're showing women like that, and we're trying to make them look attractive," he says. "We can't help if other cultures in other countries around the globe think that it's a bad representation. Within our nationality and within our national borders, we obviously have morals that we create our female characters from, but within our Japanese sensibilities, we've made those characters the way they are and we're not going to stop doing that."
With that said, bring on the jiggly room!

CCagk.jpg

Via Joystiq

Wipeout developer Sony Liverpool closed
wipeout.jpg

Sony confirmed this morning that Wipeout developer Sony Liverpool has been shut down. It is currently unknown how many people have lost their jobs. MCV reports that the campus will remain open for various Sony Europe logistic services, but that the studio itself has been terminated as part of Sony's quality review process.

"We have reviewed and assessed all current and planned projects for the short and medium term and have decided to make some changes to our European Studios," reads a Sony statement released to MCV.

"It has been decided that Liverpool Studio should be closed. Liverpool Studio has been an important part of SCE Worldwide Studios since the outset of PlayStation, and have contributed greatly to PlayStation over the years. Everyone connected with Liverpool Studio, past and present, can be very proud of their achievements."

Sony Liverpool began life as Psygnosis back in 1984, releasing under that name classic games such as Shadow of the Beast and Lemmings. In 1995, the studio created the Wipeout franchise under Sony's ownership, with Wipeout 2048 releasing on the PlayStation Vita earlier this year. It's not known if the studio was working on any future Wipeout games or any other Sony releases.
No ***** given :smh:

Last edited:
Via Joystiq.com

Free Max Payne 3 DLC, Disorganized Crime, hits Aug. 28
max.jpg

Max Payne 3's next round of free DLC, the Disorganized Crime map pack, is shooting in on August 28 for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Disorganized Crime features the Hoboken Rooftops multiplayer map and new modifiers for Score Attack in Arcade Mode, such as Explosive Rounds, Lone Wolf AI, Headshots Only and Noir mode. Noir mode allows players to run through the single-player campaign in classic, black-and-white film noir style.

Rockstar has released the first images of Disorganized Crime, displayed in a neat row right here.
Which reminds me, I need to finish beating this game.

Via trendygamers.net

Mugen Souls On PS3 Delayed Until October In North America
mugensoulsps3boxart1-811x1024.jpg

The upcoming PS3 exclusive RPG, Mugen Souls, has been delayed from its original September 18th release date. NIS America has announced that the game will now launch on October 16th in North America, with the European version of the game being unaffected by the delay and still launching on September 28th

Here is a new trailer to tide you guys over

Via community.us.playstation.com

PSN Maintenance Scheduled For Thursday, August 23rd from 9AM PST - 4PM PST
PSNetwork.png

Hi everyone,

We hope you’ve had the opportunity to check out the massive PlayStation Store update from yesterday, which included Counter Strike: GO, MGS 2 and 3 HD for both PS3 and PSVita, Dust 514 Beta Access for Plus Members, and more.

In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience, we will need to perform some routine maintenance on PSN beginning tomorrow morning (Thursday, August 23rd). This maintenance will start at approximately 9:00AM PDT (10:00AM MDT / 11:00AM CDT / 12:00 noon EDT) and last until around 4:00PM PDT (5:00PM MDT / 6:00PM CDT / 7:00PM EDT). Specifically during the first hour of this maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN. The PlayStation Store and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period but you WILL be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point over the past few days. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during this maintenance window.

If you would like to receive a notice when PSN maintenance has ended, be sure to follow the official PlayStation Twitter account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support.
Welp, signing in early.

Via Twitter. com

New Battlefield 3 Patch Incoming
Sw1Js.png

Anybody still play BF3? I haven't touched it in awhile, may hop on tomorrow just to see what's up.

Via gameranx.com

Black Ops 2 Create-a-Class App for Excel and Google Docs
cod-black-ops-2.jpg

As you may know, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is set to feature point-based system for its Create-a-Class system. In previous Call of Duty titles, the perks and weapon mods you could select were limited to preset values, so it wasn't possible to roll a perk-heavy class by sacrificing your weapon.

With the introduction of a point-based system, you can now go armed to the teeth with a heavily modded weapon but be thin on perks, or choose from any variety of set ups to define your personal play style.

Although the game has yet to be released, how the new Create-a-Class system works has been heavily documented. As such, a DW24/7 staff member has put together a little app which works in both Google Docs and in Excel, allowing you to plan your loadouts for Black Ops 2 for when it comes out.

Here's an example(via reddit) of how it looks like:

createaclass.jpg
Now this is pretty ill :pimp:

Rumors of the PS4 supporting 4K resolution...when the PS3 hasn't even maxed out the potential of most games being in 1080p. 

Empty promise...because only a handful of games even run in 1080p...most run in 720p. 

Rumors of the PS4 supporting 4K resolution...when the PS3 hasn't even maxed out the potential of most games being in 1080p. 

Empty promise...because only a handful of games even run in 1080p...most run in 720p. 

That's true, but Sony always likes to tout (no WWE) themselves off as being "future proof"

^ damn it was that bad, is the 360 version as bad ?

I play it on 360. I just cant deal with the connection issues late at night. IW has made no effort to correct any issues regarding that or the hit detection... but yet I am still downloading patches every month for that game.

Via Joystiq

Wipeout developer Sony Liverpool closed
wipeout.jpg

Sony confirmed this morning that Wipeout developer Sony Liverpool has been shut down. It is currently unknown how many people have lost their jobs. MCV reports that the campus will remain open for various Sony Europe logistic services, but that the studio itself has been terminated as part of Sony's quality review process.

"We have reviewed and assessed all current and planned projects for the short and medium term and have decided to make some changes to our European Studios," reads a Sony statement released to MCV.

"It has been decided that Liverpool Studio should be closed. Liverpool Studio has been an important part of SCE Worldwide Studios since the outset of PlayStation, and have contributed greatly to PlayStation over the years. Everyone connected with Liverpool Studio, past and present, can be very proud of their achievements."

Sony Liverpool began life as Psygnosis back in 1984, releasing under that name classic games such as Shadow of the Beast and Lemmings. In 1995, the studio created the Wipeout franchise under Sony's ownership, with Wipeout 2048 releasing on the PlayStation Vita earlier this year. It's not known if the studio was working on any future Wipeout games or any other Sony releases.
No ***** given :smh:

Damn. They made some of my favorite PS1 games(Destruction Derby, Colony Wars).

Via Joystiq.com

Free Max Payne 3 DLC, Disorganized Crime, hits Aug. 28
max.jpg

Max Payne 3's next round of free DLC, the Disorganized Crime map pack, is shooting in on August 28 for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Disorganized Crime features the Hoboken Rooftops multiplayer map and new modifiers for Score Attack in Arcade Mode, such as Explosive Rounds, Lone Wolf AI, Headshots Only and Noir mode. Noir mode allows players to run through the single-player campaign in classic, black-and-white film noir style.

Rockstar has released the first images of Disorganized Crime, displayed in a neat row right here.

Which reminds me, I need to buy this game. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom