The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TCL 6-Series is IMO the best budget TV. 55" for $699 65" at $949.

Sony X900H is on sale at Best Buy right now. The 55" is $929. If you have a Costco membership, the same model (X90CH) is on sale for $899 till the 28th.

I'm debating between the two models right now.
IMO if you bought a 4k display then invest in a tv that's atleast 65" to take advantage of the 4k display. Any smaller and you lose out...

Yea ima stick to my original statement about crash bandicoot 4 ps5 version fails when it comes to the dual sense what a missed opportunity they had there.

Anyone else got the game and care to do a simple test and break a box and tell me if you receive any feedback?

I'm sure you are on the PS5 version as you say, but just in case, here is a story about an issue where the PS5 upgrade wasn't working correctly for a while:

I know it says Europe, but perhaps this was affecting it?

Interesting.
No idea what this means in the grand scheme of things but they might have been in trouble financially with the pandemic so if this was to save EVO then I'm all for it.

People are gonna complain that they're not buying studios instead :lol:

Probably won’t be any Xbox or Dreamcast there so no Killer Instinct, MVC2 will be the PS3 version, etc.

IMO if you bought a 4k display then invest in a tv that's atleast 65" to take advantage of the 4k display. Any smaller and you lose out...
Oh, I'm sure. But 4k/HDR/Dolby on a 55" looked fine for me. Some people don't have the space or budget for a mid-range 65".

Here's the OG clip with commentary. :pimp:

And that's when I got hooked :lol:

Other Daigo Highlights.

Probably won’t be any Xbox or Dreamcast there so no Killer Instinct, MVC2 will be the PS3 version, etc.

Nah they said they won't make games exclusive. EVO brings a lot of viewers so it's good for business in multiple ways.

The question is will Nintendo want Smash "Sponsored by PlayStation" :lol:
There's gonna be PS5 logos all over the venue and on the stream ads.

KI hasn't been a main game in years. It's been a side tournament so I doubt MS cares.

PS has been the main console at EVO since the PS4 came out.

Picked up Little Nightmares and Shadow of the Colossus on the psn store since they were on sale.

Anyone here played LNM?

Oh, I'm sure. But 4k/HDR/Dolby on a 55" looked fine for me. Some people don't have the space or budget for a mid-range 65".

I have an older 55” Sony 4K D series, a 65” Sony x900h (console 1) and 32” Samsung Odyssey G7 1000R curved gaming monitor (console 2) and out of all of them, I am currently having the most fun on the G7. I actually returned a LG 4K for the 1440p G7 essentially prioritizing performance over resolution. All are dope but playing on a super fast screen with the damn near zero input lag and no ghosting is my current favorite... it’s truly next level for anything fast paced. The G7 is also smart enough to allow the PS5 to push a 4K signal.

In a nutshell, everyone has different priorities when it comes to displays. I don’t think there is any one size fits all and PS5 is beautiful on damn near anything. Still haven’t opened the Series X but I would assume the same goes for it...

Just pick your poison and ENJOY. Just no cheap **** and you’ll be fine for gaming. Things only get complicated if you are looking for something that’s awesome for both competitive gaming and home theatre... that’s when you really have to leave the budget stuff alone and go mid to high tier. For now...:wink:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reviews for the 2021 OLEDS are coming in.
The A90J is getting the better reviews than the G1. Still waiting for the HDTV Test and Rtings review though.
Need a deeper dive on the gaming side of things but I still expect LG to be ahead on gaming since they have a headstart.

Those are the flagships but it's looking like the LG CX from last year is still a good buy if the improvements to the LG G1/C1 are not that big year on year.

1616459147327.png

My big beautiful console. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom