The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, the game is good.

Not on the level of wolfenstein the new colossus, though.

Need to finish it.
Correct, it’s better than new colossus in every way. There is no better First person shooter on the PS4 than doom eternal. Titanfall 2 and new colossus a close 2nd and 3rd

So I havent turned off my system/updated it since playing. Returnal. If I do, I literally have to start from scratch? Or does it start back at the ship with all the gear I accumulated?

^ So I havent turned off my system/updated it since playing. If I do, I literally have to start from scratch? Or does it start back at the ship with all the gear I accumulated?
if its in rest mode you're good you will start wherever you left off unless the game updated itself. you're about to see that ship again if you didn't put auto updates off

Different options for Mass Effect. I assume 120fps not possible on PS5 since ME will be running in BC mode which caps PS4 Pro games at 60fps.

if its in rest mode you're good you will start wherever you left off unless the game updated itself. you're about to see that ship again if you didn't put auto updates off
But if I was to shut the console down would the game legit start all the way from scratch with no upgraded material that you acquired during play?

But if I was to shut the console down would the game legit start all the way from scratch with no upgraded material that you acquired during play?
You would start from the ship in biome 1 all over again. If you beat the boss there you can skip to biome 2 through the portal after you get to that room again. If it’s not a permanent upgrade you will lose it. Think you start at level 5 weapon proficiency and get a health upgrade when you go through the portal not sure tho I always farm Biome 1 for a few till I get a good weapon and extra life

Last edited:
Yup im waiting on the ps5 patch to continue doom and the dlc

right now returnal and village and clank soon should hold me over till the patch.

but yea i agree with reurnal biggest downside is no save that was my comparison to souls with the difficulty nature and starting at a barn fire but retunal sends u to the beginning.

returnal reminds me of the days of playing games with no memory card. It still has that resogun arcade feel.

but man this third biome those flying rocket shooters be messing me up man f those bots.

I made it to the 3rd boss and almost beat him on first try using that glob shooting gun. Now with somewhat of a shortcut opened now that i got the bridge deployed im having a harder time making it back to the boss lol.

its almost like the game knows im struggling last couple runs they dropped me a good gun and a astronaut and i still got clapped by those damn rocket bots right at the bridge twice had to put the controller down smh lol
[\spoiler]

Beat the first boss of Returnal last night after 2nd try. Got to the second Sentient being with the sword/tentacle hand & he caught me off guard...

* Ship crash scene initiates* lol

The game keeping your current upgrades even after death is a must because If I legit had to start over from scratch every time Idk If I could play this game lol.

the best way for me to take out those guys was using the spitfire gun. When they teleport to melee dodge and alt fire or lay into them with the spit

that one with the sword got me once on a good run too lol

I don’t understand how someone can be sued because they don’t want a third party selling their stuff :lol:

the best way for me to take out those guys was using the spitfire gun. When they teleport to melee dodge and alt fire or lay into them with the spit

that one with the sword got me once on a good run too lol

Gun is legit fun. For anyone who’s on the fence just buy it. The not saving feature sounds like it would make the game impossible, it’s not... just frustrating lol. Slowly getting further & further & learning techniques every time.

After just letting every parasite hop on my body the first few runs I’m more selective after getting the one that damages you every time you pick up an item :sick:

Last edited:
Why aren't you guys putting these posts in spoilers?

The best part about rouge is figuring it out on your own :lol:

there's nothing being spoiled really. its not as rouge as others in the genre. the rooms are randomly generated each run but the enemy types, secret rooms and loot/items are mostly the same when you reach that room again.

I feel it. Its not that type of game IMO. You'll slowly gain better weapons, upgrades & info each time you, "Returnal". It's something that is unique each time like brendasdeadbaby brendasdeadbaby is saying.

Yes, it is info you wouldn't know unless you play but it's something you'll learn soon into the game. Nothing to really spoil but I feel it.

I don’t understand how someone can be sued because they don’t want a third party selling their stuff :lol:

the argument is that digital pricing isn't open to competition and only sony gets to decide which is "unfair"

which would make sense if people were forced to buy digital versions... or digital consoles for that matter

the or digital consoles for that matter

D0AD0FBD-2A4C-4B1C-8AFB-9FDCC8361C15.gif

Back
Top Bottom